It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you give up for Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What would you give up for the message of Truth (Jesus)?

If the time came, i would be willing to give up my life.

At first i think i would be scared, but after I realize this earth is temporary and heaven is forever, i would follow Jesus even if it costed me my life.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If you consider Jesus' words to be the absolute truth, then maybe should try living them first.

Also, you can't come in here and outright claim that "the message of Truth" = jesus. I'm sure many people here will agree with you, but not everyone feels that way, ATS is a very diverse place.

Also (and i'm assuming that you are christian), if you truly knew the word of jesus, then you would know that you don't have to give up anything, you have to start doing things.

Jesus was all about love, so there is no reason to fear or be afraid. Earth is temporary, but heaven may not be what you expect, so keep that in mind as well.

Maybe you should focus less on
and more on

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

I pray that I would have the strength of character and faith to do the same. Many have expressed the same sentiment, Peter and the crow in Mark 14 comes to mind but we never know until we are under the gun so to speak.

I would say that I wouldn't deny him even under the penalty of death and pray that I would be strong enough to do just that.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
If you consider Jesus' words to be the absolute truth, then maybe should try living them first.

Also, you can't come in here and outright claim that "the message of Truth" = jesus. I'm sure many people here will agree with you, but not everyone feels that way, ATS is a very diverse place.

Also (and i'm assuming that you are christian), if you truly knew the word of jesus, then you would know that you don't have to give up anything, you have to start doing things.

Jesus was all about love, so there is no reason to fear or be afraid. Earth is temporary, but heaven may not be what you expect, so keep that in mind as well.

Maybe you should focus less on
and more on

i always try to live his teachings everyday and i do try to the best of my ability to follow his commandments.

While i'm here, i will testify to the truth of Jesus so that others may believe.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I pray that I would have the strength of character and faith to do the same. Many have expressed the same sentiment, Peter and the crow in Mark 14 comes to mind but we never know until we are under the gun so to speak.

I would say that I wouldn't deny him even under the penalty of death and pray that I would be strong enough to do just that.

Yes, but like you said we probably wouldn't know until that moment came, for all i know, i might pull a Peter.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The answer would be anything, including my life. I think it would be a fair trade for the Man who gave his own life to save us from an eternity in Hell. As stated above though what Jesus wants more than for us to give Him our lives, is to live our lives as it were meant to be so, in His word. Many of us say we are Christians but do not actively practice at all.

We must be witnesses to those who do not believe, those weak in faith, etc. Judge not those who choose to live in the darkness but to show them light. To walk in the footsteps of Christ is to give up our vices, secular opinions, etc. not to "walk the line" calling ourselves worthy.

If we were willing to give our lives, to die for Him, that would be too easy. To live for Him would be more a suitable sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Good answer disavowed!

I agree with everything you said, trying to follow in christs footsteps is one of the hardest things i have ever attempted, but i know i will always try no matter how hard it is.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nothing,every person is equal,no kings,queens ,gods,nobody has a higher place,why do we have to believe in no pain no gain?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Also, you can't come in here and outright claim that "the message of Truth" = jesus.

If that's what he believes then sure he can.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me." (John 14:6)

What things do you speak of? The only way to the Father is Thru the Son. You cannot get to heaven thru works.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You do have to be willing to give up everything as is the message of this next scripture.

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.” (Matthew 19:24)

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A simple question with a very difficult answer.

Many times I've prayed to God, sincerely, surrendering all that I am to Him, yet many times He's called me to do something that I do not do.

Would I die for Him? Yes, I'm fairly certain I would (though KL's words are quite true). That's easy -- it's a brief decision with eternal ramifications.

The real question is, will I live for Him. That's where it gets complicated. Every time I have surrendered my yoke to Him and taken His, life has been fantastic, through the thick and thin, regardless of circumstance. Yet time and time again, I find myself casting off His yoke and taking back my own. It's interesting how it happens, too. It's never something overt -- the enemy's smarter than that. It's a small compromise here, a small compromise there, and they keep getting bigger to where you don't even realize how far you've fallen until you wake up one morning remembering times in the past "singing Hallelujah full of wonder awe and praise, but now I'm just wondering why I don't feel anything at all."

Living for Christ is not easy, and He never said it would be. He promised us that if we follow Him, we, as servants, are no greater than the master and would suffer hardship from a fallen world that cannot and will not see the light. He did promise us we would never go alone, though. He is with us and He is for us, and He has provided us a community, as well, in the church. True, no church is perfect, and if you ever did find a perfect church, it would no longer be such as soon as you walked through the doors, the burdens of this world seem strangely light when you have someone who believes as you do to confide your struggles, victories and sorrows in, and hopefully, as you live this life for Christ, that community can grab you as soon as you start to slip so you never wake up one morning wondering what happened.

So what would I give up for Jesus? I hope my life, but I cannot do it on my own. I need His strength in me to be able to give up that which I hold so dear yet which matters so little...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.” (Matthew 19:24)

This quote has always confused me, doesn't this mean that a rich man can't get to heaven since a camel certainly cannot go through the eye of a needle?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i thought it was talking about how they'd shape a door frame on a home so it'd it is hump thus couldn't come in, i dunno.

i'm not giving up anything, jesus will just have to accept me for who I be.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

for all i know, i might pull a Peter.

I know Jesus is cute, but I'm heterosexual, and I pull peter for no man.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Very funny rosarbi, but please keep your blasphemous comments to yourself.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

rosarbi,

but please keep your blasphemous comments to yourself.

What you call blasphemy I call a hilarity. That's a general rule of thumb for me.

Either way, I'd give my sweet virgin @$# to Jesus if he asked me. He is a cutie.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
you'll be sorry you said that, may God have mercy on your soul, good bye.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would give my life for Jesus. I would do anything he would ever ask me to do for him. I would spend my life serving him just to be near him, and talk to him. I wouldn't mind if he made me his slave. I would give up all technology. I don't know if i'd ever give up my true love though. (which i'm yet to have found)

Either way i'd give anything away, and to Jesus.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would give my entire life savings to L. Ron.

L Ron is my lord, and I will worship him. I would give my life, my soul, my everything to L. Ron.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas

This quote has always confused me, doesn't this mean that a rich man can't get to heaven since a camel certainly cannot go through the eye of a needle?

Absolutely not! What this scripture means is you should be willing in your heart to give up riches or possessions or anything else. The Lord knows your heart and has nothing against you having things. He just doesn't want you to make your wealth your God. For example: If you got a brand new car and you spent every moment washing, waxing and primping the car then it is likely that you are putting the car before God. Therefore the car is your God.

God want's you to be wealthy as wealth allows you to help those less fortunate.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In the Bible, what did Jesus ask you to give up?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join