It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone here actually support Bush?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek

Point 1. Reading your post, one would get the idea that Clinton or Gore never took any money from anyone. Get real, They were more that willing to suck up the money from the unions and the Hollywood elite loosers.

Point 2As for the Kyoto accord, why should we have all these restrictions while third world countries and China don't have to cut emissions. Screw them, if they want it, it should be all or nothing. Why should I loose my job because the factory I work at had to shut down so they can build in some third world crap hole where you can still pollute. At least here, most of the companies make an effort (minor ones at least) to curb pollution.

Point 3.By the way, if you really care about the environment, I'd like to know if you:
1. live in a house
2. drive or own a car
3. have electrical appliances
4. eat anything other than veggies

By saying yes to any of these means that you care about the environment as much as 99.99% of the rest of the population.

A true "environment lover" should live in a cave naked eating grass.

Point 1
Ok. Just because I said I was left winger doesn't mean I have supported the Democrats. I don't. I think think that all the parties suck in America. I am merely protesting against your current President and didn't even mention any support of the Democrats!

Point 2
Well maybe you start understanding that our world climate is being #ed up and America is the buggest polluter in thw world. In fact, America have baught area out the middle of nowhere in the ocean somewhere so they have more land, thus meaning less restrictions on their clobal warming. Dont you care about future generations? When the polar ice caps melt and everywhere is burning cause we have no Ozone layer then people will be sorry. I'm not saying that third world countries shouldn't have restrictions but they don't pollute even a fraction of what America does.

Point 3.

I am a vegetarian.

I don't drive a car.

But I obviously live in a house and have electrical appliances. If you're going to criticise me for living in a house then it just shows that you can't actually debate the real issues here. I do my best for the enviroment. I recycle all my waste into 3 different bins so that it is processed in an enviremoentally friendly way. I go to the bottle bank. I use public transport or share lifts with people. Donate to greenpeace blah blah blah.

[Edited on 023030p://666 by earthtone]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Point 3.

I am a vegetarian.

I don't drive a car.

But I obviously live in a house and have electrical appliances. If you're going to criticise me for living in a house then it just shows that you can't actually debate the real issues here. I do my best for the enviroment. I recycle all my waste into 3 different bins so that it is processed in an enviremoentally friendly way. I go to the bottle bank. I use public transport or share lifts with people. Donate to greenpeace blah blah blah.

Point well taken.

I try to do what I can for the environment too. Recycling, power friendly devices, and such. I just don't care for those that insist that I'm not doing enough. Mostly the Greenpeace and ELF crowds. There is a practical limit to what you can do, and everyone has to survive.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek

Point well taken.

I try to do what I can for the environment too. Recycling, power friendly devices, and such. I just don't care for those that insist that I'm not doing enough. Mostly the Greenpeace and ELF crowds. There is a practical limit to what you can do, and everyone has to survive.

Thanks for accepting my point. I cannot completely turn my life upside down at the mopment to lead a completely non-daming to the enviroment lifetyle. It's impossible. We have to target things that everyone can do quite easily that will make a difference.
E.G

And start recycling. In a few countries in Europe it is becoming compulsory for you to recycle. this should happen all over the world, it's the way forward. We have to stop our planet falling apart just for our stupid machines and our stupid money making, oil merchant fatcats.

Do you agree with my other points simtek?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Do you agree with my other points simtek?

Not entirely (point2), I've been to several overseas places. There are quite a number of countries that pollute. Here in the U.S., things have gotten better from when I was a kid, things like unleaded gas and pollution restrictions have helped. I agree that it's everybody's problem and we all need to work together but why can't the restrictions apply to everyone the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
the globalists desire that the developed world be burdened by environmentalists so that the transfer of wealth to the third world go smoothly.

good work helping them!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
the globalists desire that the developed world be burdened by environmentalists so that the transfer of wealth to the third world go smoothly.

good work helping them!

Right. So we should destroy the planet and help the capitalist system and that will actually be hindering evil processes? What garbage man. The third world is going to become powerfull one day regardless of what we do. Our planet is dying and we need to help.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Franks offered his assessment on a number of topics to Cigar Aficionado, including:

President Bush: �As I look at President Bush, I think he will ultimately be judged as a man of extremely high character. A very thoughtful man, not having been appraised properly by those who would say he�s not very smart. I find the contrary. I think he�s very, very bright. And I suspect that he�ll be judged as a man who led this country through a crease in history effectively. Probably we�ll think of him in years to come as an American hero.�

I think he is 100% correct. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete moron.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Rottgutt likes greedy racist devils .

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
GW dint go to war with Iraq ti finish what his daddy started. He went there becouse everyone knoes what sadam could do...sell wmd to terror orgonizations.

I bet he will go to war with other countries as well.

Bush is trying hard to replenish the military. During his daddies run in office, we had 2.1million active troops. Durring Clintons 8 years, it droped down to 1.2 million troops. In these times of terror, I say we need a strong military to face evil and win.

If the war was about oil,as some democrats say, it would have made a whole lot of sence to just invade Kuwait. More oil, smaller country.

I say we just attack every known country that supports terror. Yes, I also think we should have war with Iran and North Korea.

The economy just surged 7 % a few weeks ago. WHat does that tell you?? That bush knows what hes doing. Bush did not cheat his way into office. It was the unriliable voting machines. Most states used those crappy manual things. Those had to be counted by hand. And even if Gore did wen by the voting, it was too hard to figure out who realy won. Both ordered recounts. When Bush asked Gore to not do the recount(Bush won by the last recount.) Gore aggreed, and thus Bush won.

I supported him 911, and you can bet your balls I support him after, and in the future!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RottGutt

He sure has your lips firmly Krazy glued to his ass, doesn't he?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by RottGutt

He sure has your lips firmly Krazy glued to his ass, doesn't he?

LOL. Ineed. You only have to look at everything Bush does to understand that he is royaly #ing everyone one of us in the ass.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I support the president, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. He was elected(whether people belive it or not he did win according to the way we vote in this country), and I supported him in his decision to go into Iraq. Not because I bought the stories about WMDs or ties with Al Queda, but because Saddam is an evil and saddistic man that needed to go. He may not have been a threat to us now, but eventually he would. Read these words carefully:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

There are 2 ways to look at this.
1. We have a duty to attack any threat against our way of life, or
2. People should change their government if it's a threat against them. (The people of Iraq couldn't do it themselves because they would have ended up dead.)
Either way, I think we did the right thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How Can I put this gentially.

HELL NO! DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK I'M CRAZY ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THAT IDIOT!

George Bush is the Most Arrogant, selfish, self absorbed, stuck up, foolish, incompetent, crooket, devious, Scummy, sleezeball ever to enter the Oval Office! He's an insualt to the nation and it's people. He's an embarrisment to every politican who possesses even the slightest hint of true patriotism in his or her heart!

The though of what this man has done to what started as a respectble nation is enough to make me sick with Disgust!

dose that answer the question?

Tim

Republicans griped because Clinton Screwed an intern, But Bush screwed a whole nation, where are the Republican'ts Now

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by ghost]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
How Can I put this gentially.

HELL NO! DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK I'M CRAZY ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THAT IDIOT!

George Bush is the Most Arrogant, selfish, self absorbed, stuck up, foolish, incompetent, crooket, devious, Scummy, sleezeball ever to enter the Oval Office! He's an insualt to the nation and it's people. He's an embarrisment to every politican who possesses even the slightest hint of true patriotism in his or her heart!

The though of what this man has done to what started as a respectble nation is enough to make me sick with Disgust!

dose that answer the question?

Tim

Republicans griped because Clinton Screwed an intern, But Bush screwed a whole nation, where are the Republican'ts Now

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by ghost]

Wow that sums my feelings up well also

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFetch
There are 2 ways to look at this.
1. We have a duty to attack any threat against our way of life, or
2. People should change their government if it's a threat against them. (The people of Iraq couldn't do it themselves because they would have ended up dead.)
Either way, I think we did the right thing.

We better get cracking then. There are alot more evil countries to attack.
Actually, I think we could keep busy for at least the next 50 years, attacking people who may or may not be a threat in the future. If that's our new foreign policy, our gov't has truly lost their minds.
The people in Iraq have less freedom now than they did under Saddam. Now, even civilians are suspects. It's not the freedom they had imagined. I'm no pushover, but we can't allow paranoia to destroy logic.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If America really wanted to 'make the world safer' by invading a country then they should have invaded Isreal. They have WMD, bad human rights, fascist leader etc. However there is nothing for Bush to gain by actually making the world safer.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

The people in Iraq have less freedom now than they did under Saddam.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by Satyr]

What was the first thing the people of Iraq did when they realized Saddam was gone? They started getting satellite dishes so they could get information. They started hundreds of newspapers to spread information. They started expressing freedom of speach. They started doing things that would have gotten them killed before. How is that not more free than before? They were always suspects and threatened with death(and many actually killed) under Saddam.

Maybe he wasn't a direct threat to the US, but he was a threat to the whole middle east. He proved that when he invaded his neighbor.

Have you seen the way he kept things running? The power plants(the ones still running) were about to fall apart, the telecommunications were horrible, all while his palaces were kept up better than the hospitals.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
To be real honest, from what i gather, i can say that i trust no one in our govt, no one at all. I did vote for George, for he sided on issues that were near and dear to me and faith...but when i think bout things, I get sort of nervous and wonder....I hope I am wrong, I hope what i read is wrong. We should not be taking sides here, for if what i read is indeed true, we are only hurting ourselves if we do that (taking sides) But carry on, who am I do say anything! Hee hee.

Peace,
JustKimberlyText Blue

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yep I support Georgie. Do I agree with all of his policies, of course not. I don't think it's possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join