posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:01 PM
I never called for him to bring them home.
Nor do I disagree with the toppling of Saddam.
I was one of the few proponents of this on the site, when it occurred.
However, he #ed up.
He should have:
1. Planted WOMD if he knew he was full of #.
2. Focused more on the flouting of UN decisions, rather than WOMD, and gotten more of the UN on board before acting.
3. Had an interim Iraqi government (of US-friendly Iraqis) ready to go (which is common in such overthrows...)
4. Focused more on convincing the Iraqis they would be better off without Saddam.
5. Got in, taken Saddam out, installed the government, then gotten out, with only limited base agreements, and rebuilding contracts, and oil deals to
Instead, he chose to totally ignore international opinion, and basically act like a bull in a china shop (politically speaking), and for that, he is
an idiot, and does not deserve to be our representative to the world.