It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientist finds Paradise at the North Pole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
All i see is frozen water! there are no anaglyphs of land like greenland

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
check this out and tell me whre is Land.

en.wikipedia.org...

At North pole there is NO LAND so the white you see in your chart, Marduk, is frozen water/sea

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

At North pole there is NO LAND so the white you see in your chart, Marduk, is frozen water/sea

this is the whole point
there is no continental shel underneath the North Pole
therefore no land that has ever been there
and if no land has ever been there
theres no land that can have sunk

see the light brown areas are continental shelfs
for a land to sink it has to have one to be able to sink in the first place
understand now
or has Pravda answered all the non mysteries that pseudoscience has to offer you ?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Marduk, all you can do is repeting the same and the same. YOU are the real pseudoscient:

en.wikipedia.org...

Along with Thule, Hyperborea was one of several terrae incognitae to the Greeks and Romans, where Pliny and Herodotus, as well as Virgil and Cicero, reported that people lived to the age of one thousand and enjoyed lives of complete happiness. According to Herodotus (4.13) the Hyperboreans lived beyond the Arimaspians and were visited by Aristeas, who is said to have written a hexameter poem (now lost) dealing with them. Hesiod mentioned the Hyperboreans, Herodotus reported, "and Homer also in the Epigoni, if that be really a work of his". Also, the sun was supposed to rise and set only once a year in Hyperborea. Large quantities of gold were here, guarded by griffins.

Does this make sence.
Romans was them who reckorded everywhere they go unto paper, right? And don't tell me that the ancient chart was wrong too!

Open your mind and don't try to convience us that you are right. we don't believe it! I am not telling i am too. But at least i do my best and i admit my mistakes. When was your last time you did that?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Along with Thule, Hyperborea was one of several terrae incognitae to the Greeks and Romans

so you are saying because the Romans and the Greeks wrote about it it must have been at the North Pole
I think you should go and look up "terra incognita" before you go any further with that claim
www.answers.com...

I freely admit when I have made a mistake
but I don't make any statements on forums unless I am at least 99 % sure of the facts
as a result I can't remember the last time that happened

And don't tell me that the ancient chart was wrong too!

what ancient chart ???

[edit on 4-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Pravda's a tabloid (like the ones you see on the checkout stands that advertise "Pope Has Secret Meeting With Transvestite Sex-Changing Reptoid Aliens!" and "Peoria Baby Eats Diesel Engine.") They do report some real news (as does "The Sun" in England) that they pick up from other news agencies.

Now... because of continental drift, at the time of Laurasia and Pangaea (some 250 million years ago and longer), the land that would be near both the Arctic Circles and the Antarctic Circles were actually nearer to the equator instead of being at the top and the bottom of the world as they are today. In that same time period (Cretaceous), the Earth was also considerably warmer.

It was a bug-and-reptile world, with no grass and no flowers and no flowering plants. Trilobites and primitive fishes were in the oceans.

But.. the Russian scientists hardly "discovered" this. We've known this for nearly fifty years.

The area hasn't been paradise-warm in 60 million years or so. There are huge sheets of ice there at the poles. They form in gradual layers (as each year's snow packs down) and scientists around the world have been analyzing these for many many years.

If there was only 2,000 years or 3,000 years of ice there, we'd have known that a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi to all

Uttara Kuru

Uttara is a made up word Utta and Ra ;
Utta may mean oat or last field ;
Ra may mean sun ;
Kuru may mean Dry :

so ;

Dry Oat Sun

Or

Uttara may be taken at single word ; in which it would mean : north , higher , above .

If so ;

Uttara Kuru may mean Dry North , Higher Oat field or even above (dry)land i.e not above water .

my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   

because of continental drift, at the time of Laurasia and Pangaea (some 250 million years ago and longer), the land that would be near both the Arctic Circles and the Antarctic Circles were actually nearer to the equator instead of being at the top and the bottom of the world as they are today. In that same time period (Cretaceous), the Earth was also considerably warmer.

This has happened long time ago, then the ancient chart and the reports of the Hyperboreans how came into be? Our recorded history is not so long, right?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I respect Byrd's usual accuracy, but weren't "trilobites" associated with the precambrian period (prior to about 450 million ybp) rather than "250 million years before present"? The precambrian fauna were totally wiped out at the precambrian-cambrian transition-event.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i think Byrd is probably being deliberately disengenious

trilobites died out completely just after that
from the definition of Trilobites at answers.com

Any of a group of ovate arthropods (subphylum Trilobita) that came to dominate the seas c. 540 million years ago and became extinct c. 245 million years ago

www.answers.com...

and she did add "some 250 million years ago and longer"
So shes quite right
as usual

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I appreciate Marduk's correction of my error as to the period trilobites lived in. I should have looked it up before posting mine. I had just assumed, mistakenly, that because trilobites "look" so different from modern species it "must have" been part of the Precambrian fauna pre-450 million yrs BP, which was totally different from modern species and was totally wiped out by the mass extinction event 450 mil yBP. The mass extinction at 250 mil yBP was the Permian, and was not quite a total faunal extinction.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
there are other examples of creatures that survived that extinction as well
some are still around

this horseshoe crab fossil is 350 million years old

this example of the species I found dead on a florida beach 4 years ago
it currently lives on my bookshelf in a Ferrero Rocher box

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike

because of continental drift, at the time of Laurasia and Pangaea (some 250 million years ago and longer), the land that would be near both the Arctic Circles and the Antarctic Circles were actually nearer to the equator instead of being at the top and the bottom of the world as they are today. In that same time period (Cretaceous), the Earth was also considerably warmer.

This has happened long time ago, then the ancient chart and the reports of the Hyperboreans how came into be? Our recorded history is not so long, right?

Yes. Our recorded history is about 5,000 years. I don't know how far back the archaeological record goes but I think it's about 35,000 years or so. So that's before the Greeks. 250 million years is 250,000,000 years. I think that modern humans have only been around 90,000 years.

No Greek stories from 250,000,000 years ago. Dinosaurs didn't write anything down.

And as everyone says, Pravda makes up things.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

And the map of Mercador? Was that fixing of Pravda, too?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Dragonlike
i don't understand where you are getting your information from because as has already been pointed out to you Pravda makes stuff up as it goes along.

Mercator at no point describes any land at the North pole as Hyperborea

Mercator’s maps show a magnetic mountain at the North Pole surrounded by four gigantic isles. The magnetic mountain was a fantasy of Roman philosophers who sought an explanation for why magnetic compass needles pointed towards the north.

the North pole has been covered with ice for since before the human race evolved on this planet
that is a known fact
any report you have read that says anything else but that is completely wrong

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike

And the map of Mercador? Was that fixing of Pravda, too?

The article actually doesn't show Mercator's map. Here's the real one:
www.gulfbase.org...

People who write for tabloids like Pravda are paid to make up the fictions. They will take real people (like President Bush's daughters) and real places (like Athens) and make up a story about the Bush twins running marathons in Athens.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
An awesome place to research old maps, if'n you like cartography:

www.nla.gov.au...

Apparently there was more than one Mercator: Gerhard and Michael.

I'm checking some of the links to see if there are more relevant maps

This one is a map by Michael Mercator
www.nla.gov.au...

This one is a map by Gerhard Mercator
www.nla.gov.au...

This one is a map by Ptolemy 2nd Century:
www.nla.gov.au...

lots of good research material in the map archives, methinks.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, i think there is nothing more to be said. Marduk, Byrd and all the others thank u for sharing your thoughts. Undo thank you for your link. I find it really interesting and yes i like cartography.

For the sake of diplomacy i close this thread

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You have voted Dragonlike for the Way Above Top Secret award

L3X

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Paradise or Shamballah? that's the problem...
it just a name, but i remember the theories about the hollow earth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join