It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientist finds Paradise at the North Pole

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is what i found while reading the global news:
english.pravda.ru...

If you have a look at the chart you will see that Hyperborea is above Greenland, something that gives reasons for Greenland's name. Hyperborea was mentioned as an paradise.
Etymologic analysis of Greenland:
Green
+
Land
=
Fertile place without ice

Mercator’s chart seems to be based on the ancient chart

At the universities of geography, charts are used to be copied in order not to bleach the paper through time. The same Mercator should have done, so not to have the old chart blackened.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok mate I wanna give you a heads up, don't believe anything from Pravda.ru it reads like fantasy and secondly if its russian then there is a fair chance its false or you are being taken for a ride.

My apolosies to anyone Russian in here but time and time again I have learnt the above statment to be totally true.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Err.... reading the article, the Russians havent found anything other than some old speculations. Bad thread, no donut.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OK, let's say you are right.
Can you prove with rational arguments, statements and clues that this article is taking people for a ride?

No offence, but i want a gravity from your words

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
OK, let's say you are right.
Can you prove with rational arguments, statements and clues that this article is taking people for a ride?

No offence, but i want a gravity from your words

Dragonlike I always thought it was up to the claimant to prove his claims and for the sceptic to become convinced. I could list you some of the articles that I have the misfortune of reading on pradva.ru over the years but Im not going to bother wasting any effort on a ficticious site like that bro.

The internet has its credibility issues ( worse than ever ) and to have pravda.ru propegate this only lessons the information found on the web and its useability as evidence for anything controversial.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by mazzroth]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I could list you some of the articles that I have the misfortune of reading on pradva.ru over the years

If you say so it must be true

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, if Pravda is a hard place to grow a thread in
there's always the equaly loved/hated Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

In Greek mythology, according to tradition, the Hyperboreans were a mythical people who lived far to the north of Thrace. Their land, called Hyperborea, or Hyperboria ("beyond the Boreas (north wind)"), was perfect, with the Sun shining twenty-four hours a day.[1] The Greeks thought that Boreas, the North Wind, lived in Thrace, and that therefore Hyperborea was an unspecified nation in the northern lands beyond Scythia.

-snip-

According to Hindu mythology, the original five races of mankind originated in the Arctic Circle. They called their primeval homeland Uttara Kuru, meaning the "Northernmost Kuru." Kuru is the original name of the Turkish peoples. Another name of the Turks is Ari (Aryan or Noble Ones). The pre-deluvial Turks lived in a type of paradise, with lifespans of up to a thousand years, were always in a stat of bliss, and could leave their bodies at will and travel all over the Universe. The Greeks called this place HYPERBOREA. Among the Turks, it was known as Siberia, translated from Sanskrit as Shivarya (Land of the God Shiva). The Tibetan Buddhists call it Khedar Khand or Shambhala.

Alone among the Twelve Olympians, Apollo was venerated among the Hyperboreans: he spent his winter amongst them. For their part the Hyperboreans sent mysterious gifts, packed in straw that came first to Dodona and then were passed from people to people until they came to Apollo's temple on Delos (Pausanias). Abaris, Hyperborean priest of Apollo, was a legendary wandering healer and seer. Theseus and Perseus also visited the Hyperboreans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
deleted twisted thought fart

[edit on 3/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Google Earth shows no paradise on the North Pole. The Russians have found no such thing and the article only talks about old maps, speculation and theories. No where does it suggest that an actual paradise was found. The thread title is 100% inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The geographic term “Hyperborean platform” is technical use. Scientists keep discussing the platform’s dynamics in order to find out the reasons why it sank to the bottom of the ocean.”

Google earth shows nothing becouse Hyperborea was sunked

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Now, can you tell me who Russians know Hyperborea was sunked while Wikipedia's archive do not mention that?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Terapin

You can add the story on pradva.ru a few years back about the detailed 3D map etched ( with unknown lazer technology ) onto a granite tablet found under someones house showing how the Ural Mountains had changed over time seeing that the tablet-map was dated at 2 million years BC..HAHAHA

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The name Greenland was a ruse that Erik the Red used to convince his people to migrate there, so he could rule the country. Then Erik when from there to north america.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
The name Greenland was a ruse that Erik the Red used to convince his people to migrate there, so he could rule the country. Then Erik when from there to north america.

as is whats learned by every high schooler in the world. If there is a paradise in greenland. wheres my plane ticket?!?!? dont believe the russians. REMEMBER THE COLD WAR!! lol

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
there are two state newspapers in the Soviet Union; Pravda and Izvestia.

Pravda means "Truth" and Izvestia means "News".

The 'joke' is that there's no truth in Pravda and no news in Izvestia.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think you are negative of any russian newspaper. I don't know what happen in the social life about Russia or what opinion you have but i think you are afraid of it.

How a nespaper can delude others? Don't tell me that CNN is speaking always the truth!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I think you are negative of any russian newspaper

this particular Russian newspaper consistently prints rubbish
comparing it with CNN is a bit off
at least they try to get things right
a better comparison would be the weekly world news
www.weeklyworldnews.com...
really slagging peoples opinions of a known fraudulent russian newspaper isn't going to win you any friends
or any credibiltiy
have a look at this satellite picture of the area that you and Pravda are claiming is paradise

paradise maybe but only if you are a penguin

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wasnt greenland named by vikings to throw people off? Sorta like a little joke? Same with iceland not a whole lotta ice goin on there just my observation. I am not sure of these russian sources but I could give you the email addresses of hundreds of (smirk) hot russian girls that want to meet you.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

According to Hindu mythology, the original five races of mankind originated in the Arctic Circle. They called their primeval homeland Uttara Kuru, meaning the "Northernmost Kuru." Kuru is the original name of the Turkish peoples.

Kuru is also the name of a debilitating prion brain disease
en.wikipedia.org...
now completely extinct in the former cannibalistic area of New Guinea but still in epidemic proportions at some other forums I could mention

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Can't you read or understand???

Of course today there is NO PARADISE, but READ AGAIN why Rusians claim Hyperborea was sunk? How they know this? How they know it was sunked, since i never heard of it...

Looks like the same happened to Atlantis.
Atlantis=small paradise

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think you need to go check that satellite picture again
if Hyperborea sank then it can't be the north pole
ist still there completely unsunk
been like that since Human history began

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join