It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost sock conspiracy---any answers?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I must have purchased about 200 pairs of socks over the past ten years, yet I only seem to have about 8 pairs of socks right now. I have not discarded or given away the socks. When I take them off I put them in the hamper, then take them to the laundry. I do not have a community washing machine. I have noticed socks being lossed when I did not have room mates, and when I had different sets of room mates.

I doubt anybody witnessed demolition crews planting explosives on the world trade center before 9-11, or committees meeting to rig elections, but some of you have witnessed your socks missing.

So who is behind the missing socks? Masons? Skull and Bones? Fess up you guys!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
ive seen socks get sucked out of the ventalation system type dealy, through the back of a dryer - if its a little older.

i just think since they are small and so numerous you just slowly lose them until you realize you have no more socks. Im sure if you looked hard enough you could find them all.

Also - Some dryers are a secret doorway to narnia AND THEY LOVE SOCKS

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Twelve]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It was clearly Bigfoot working in conjunction with the Aliens.

I suggest not investigating further if you value yourself.....

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twelve
ive seen socks get sucked out of the ventalation system type dealy, through the back of a dryer - if its a little older.

i just think since they are small and so numerous you just slowly lose them until you realize you have no more socks. Im sure if you looked hard enough you could find them all.

Also - Some dryers are a secret doorway to narnia AND THEY LOVE SOCKS

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Twelve]

I got a relatively new drier, and I look in every nook and cranny for my socks. But your narnia theory intrigues me...who is working in conjunction wih the narnians to steal socks?!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My guess is that it's the Illuminati. Really. They need socks because their cold, reptillain feet need them and they have no money to buy any themselves.

That, or their under the bed. That's where mine usually turn up.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I've seen a washing machine drain pump clogged with a childs sock.

I've seen an occasional sock stuck in a dryer vent.

I've heard that some of them get caught in the sleeves or legs of seldom worn clothing, but even combining these can't account for all the missing socks in the universe. No way.

Below is the theory I am starting to believe.

Like many readers, I discard the socks I have worn each evening in a laundry basket in my closet. Over many years, I have noticed a tendency for socks I have placed in the closet to disappear.

Over that same long period, as my socks are disappearing, there is something in my closet that seems to multiply -- COAT HANGERS! Socks are larval coat hangers!

www.txtwriter.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Whoever makes the socks must make them quietly self destruct, so you have to go buy more.
j/k

Just like when you go grab a paper plate, you can't just grab 1 you have to grab 4 or 5, and when you try to pull them apart they are so sticky that they end up ripping in half or getting ruined.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
ok so i may have a reasonable explonation do any of you have cats? well i do i have a black and white cat named piewackit and she steals socks ive seen her walking around with socks in her mouth and when i see this i ignore it untill i have no socksthen i started following her and low and behold i found every last one of my socks in my brothers bedroom under his bed where she had made a very nice little nest for herself.

CATS ARE CONSPIRING AGAINST US!!!!!

-the king

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You need to find out who or what is living in your clothes dryer. I've been working on this for years but to no avail.

The dryer eats my socks. That's it... It just has to be. Now, when I buy socks, I'll get 4 pair that are identical. Slowly, they disappear. I wash my cloths and find that I have an odd number of socks. A few weeks later, I have an even number buy I'm missing an entire pair.

This continues until I'm running low on socks and it's time to repentish the sock drawer.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A missing sock conspiracy?

Where do the missing socks go?

All I'm going to say is that you have never seen barefoot shadow people.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In this documentary an investigator recounts a time when he explored his dryer to discover the mystery of a missing sock. His findings are quite conclusive, and somewhat disturbing:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yeah... I really dislike family guy.

But about the socks. The truth is that while the dryer is doing its thang, the rotations mixed together with the lint created, opens up an inter-dimensional vortex that last just long enough and it just big enough for a couple of your socks to slip through.

but i love the theory of socks being coat hanger larva. thats hilarious.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My socks always end up in the lint collector, or under my dogs bed thing, if you have a pet, check the places that they spend the most time in, you would be surprised at what you find.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm with Al Bundy on this one. Aliens have been secretly stealing our socks for years to fuel their spaceships. The dirtier the better.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Okay, forget about all those theories.

Unless you own a ferret, and let him run loose.

Maybe 15 or so years ago, my girlfriends brother who lived with us had a ferret.

I kept noticing little by little my socks disappearing. One day while my girlfriend was cleaning up the apartment, she found 9 pair of socks, that the ferret had stashed away. After that, we began to watch this little critter, and eventually caught him red handed, so to speak.

Even now, when I am missing socks, I get this eery feeling that there is a ferret in the house.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Riddled with OCDs I have found that I no longer miss socks...it's the dang PENS I can't find!!!

And who is it that goes around breaking all the pencil leads??? Ever notice that? you can't find a pen but lo and behold you CAN find a pencil...with a busted lead...and the sharpener...you guessed it...wherever the pens are.

Anyone recall that episode of The Twilight Zone...with the Minute Men...if you missed something it was because they hadn't set the scene correctly or ran out of time...

Socks Pens broken pencil leads and missing sharpeners...oh yeah the pliers too...and for that matter all the dang lids to the tupperware!:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I too have bought maybe a few hundred pens over the last 10 years or so, and have noticed many of them disappear. I horde pens and guard them closely, and they still disappear. Perhaps the sock thieves and pen thieves are conspiring together.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Took me a while to find this thread again. I have found the answer!!! For the missing socks, at least.

Okay, so I don't know where that picture is from. I dug it up during a search for other pics, on GooGle.

[edit on 12/19/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Mechanic, i just lost my coke thru my nose when i saw that picture

Om my gosh, ROFLMAO!!!

Well, i bought safety pins and pin them together, even though the pins get hot as all hell..

I think humankind will never quite find out what really happens to socks- but , by gollie, i'm pinning them together because there's nothing i hate more than having my husband accuse me of throwing his socks OUT.

HEhehe

Just entre nous, i do throw some out, they're gross.

But the rest, go to sock heaven.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Mechanic, i just lost my coke thru my nose when i saw that picture

hehe

Glad you liked it. When I first saw it, I thought about this thread. I couldn't find this thread right away, so I posted it on another "missing sock" thread that I had stumbled onto. But then I found this one again, thanks to the revised "search" function. It actually works so far, for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join