It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Murdered After Egging SUV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino
Hypothetical situation: kids are hiding in an alley egging cars. They cause an accident that kills an infant passenger. Do you think people would be outraged at the actions of the kids, or would people pass it off as an unfortunate instance of 'kids being kids?'

There would be a serious outcry against the children who, in my opinion, would be 100% to blame for the incident. If the children had of caused an accident, they would be held accountable for their actions. Throwing objects at moving vehicles causing harm is not kids being kids. A game of tag where one kid falls and scrapes his knee is an incident of kids being kids.

I do place blame on the children in this instant, but it is overshadowed by the adult's inability to control his reactions. Murdering a child is not something people will forget, he will wake up every morning and know this. Regardless of what the courts decide, this man, will never be the same.

Kids get off easy on many things. I try not to support this too much, but in this instant, I tend to ignore the actions of the child. Simply because the adult should of been able to control himself and deal with it accordingly.

I do not excuse their actions but they are a victim. Many have said that this was not a lone incident and that several vehicles were struck. But to my knowledge, that would be an assumption. Just as if I were to say it was the only vehicle.

We can not be certain how many eggs were thrown, at how many vehicles, or at what force they were thrown.

The media loves the victim. These children will be portrayed as angels and the shooter will be portrayed as a monster.

Honestly, I don't have a big problem with that.

Originally posted by greatpiino
However, actions such as these (throwing eggs) are just as wrong now as they have ever been; perhaps this is a sign that these actions were put up with and accepted as typical behavior for too long.

Kids misbehave and they have for months, years, decades, centuries. Their immaturity leaves them failing to see the full consequences of their actions. Not an excuse, just absolute facts. Kids today are no different than they were in the 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's.

Some sauce elders, others abuse drugs, others own weapons. Nothing has changed with the children. The only thing that has changed, in my opinion, is the media exposure on their behaviours. We hear more reports of violent crimes by children, vandalism, etc., which years ago we may not of been aware of.

Today, there are three aspects to every crime. The guilty, the victim, and the media.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Kids get off easy on many things. I try not to support this too much, but in this instant, I tend to ignore the actions of the child. Simply because the adult should of been able to control himself and deal with it accordingly.

The fact that the actions of the child are/will be ignored irks me. I'm in no way calling you out chissler, and I'm certainly not saying you're wrong to think what you think so I hope you don't think that's what I'm doing; I am respectfully disagreeing with you. I guess my point is that I hate it when a wrong deed is ignored or forgotton because it's overshadowed by an even worse one. In this case, I believe that the lack of anger at the initial illegal actions is one of the reasons that such actions are downplayed as the norm.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
In today's society, I would not consider a 14 year old to be a kid any longer. When people called him a child and a kid, here I thought he was 7 or 8 until I caught his age. He was a teenager, and a reckless one at that. I'm sorry, but teens just seem to be getting worse and worse. Personally, I believe the other teens need more than just a repremanding from their parents.

No, I never egged anyone or anything, and don't know of anyone who has.

Now what if the shooter is say 16 year old teen? What then? Will people going to condem that teen as much as they would someone in their mid 20's?

All I know from that short article is that you have one teen who does not care about society, rules, or others, and more than likely thinks he can get away with practically anything because he is under age.

Also, you have a very stressed out driver to whom that egg was the porviable straw that broke the camel's back. Could the shooter be a son or daughter who took the car, and the parents threatened that if one more thing happened to that car....

Maybe the shooter had other run ins with those teens many times before. Maybe the shooter just had one thing go wrong after another. Maybe the shooter drooled over the SUV like a classic car? Nahhh some how I just don't see that, well maybe unless it was brand new.

Any how both were in the wrong. If that teen wasen't dead, I would not be over looking fit punishment for him just because the shooters actions seemed more dire.

Here is a thought.... What if the shooter actually saved a life or several, because the eggings could have caused someone to go out of control and hit another car casuing several fatalities?

I also wonder where the egg landed on the windshield causing the shooter to have to stop in the first place, because he/she could not see through the egged windsheild.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Here is a thought.... What if the shooter actually saved a life or several, because the eggings could have caused someone to go out of control and hit another car casuing several fatalities?

Are you serious? I am amazed by the amount of defense for the shooter here. Yes, the kid/teenager was wrong. He should not of been throwing eggs, we have all agreed on that. But how can you possibly over look what the shooter has done here? You talk about the teenager who did not give two hoots about rules and society as he pelted cars as they drove by. Yet, you defend a man who stopped his vehicle, got out, and fired a gun at children. Killing one of them and leaving the rest in need of new underwear.

Oh the child wasn't thinking about society. What? How can you ridicule a child who throws an egg, and defend a man who shot a kid for throwing an egg?

Members have come into this thread and expressed their displeasure for what the victim had done. Ok, that is understandable. But you have done one better and put the shooter on this pedestal, not only did he do society a great service but he may of saved lives in the process.

So if you have the opportunity, I would appreciate an elaboration on that point. The point being, you ridicule the child for throwing the egg and having no regard for society, yet defend the shooter who had shot a child and fired at others.

We talk about restraint here, but do we not see the failed restraint by the shooter? He could of dealt with the situation so many ways, all of which would of ended up with the child alive, yet accountable for his actions.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
On the kid:

1. If you think about the damage an egg can do to a paint job . . . we're talking a couple of hundred dollars, that won't meet the deductable on a lot of car insurance policies. You have to figure that any car you hit, that driver is going to be ENRAGED. The driver will also come from a cultural background where "children" are never held responsible for their actions, and neither are their parents. So you are, as a stunt, enraging adults who will expect that you will not be punished unless they do it to you personally. And you know that ours is an armed and dangerous society, that glamorizes machismo and violence. And you want to enrage total strangers, armed with only a carton of eggs . . .

2. Haven't your parents taught you, that this world is full of crazy, unpredictable people, who aren't afraid of prison, who go around fully armed, who can shoot you, and get nothing worse than a couple of years in a cell with 3 hots and a cot?

On the Shooter.

1. Why would you ruin your life by shooting at someone who is not trying to kill you??? You have to know that you'll be marked for life now. You're not going to be employable as a felon; you'll probably wind up in some federal "pound me in the @#$ prison," and for what? Some car that belongs to the bank anyway?

2. How do you know that the kids don't have guns? What if the eggs are a diversion, hoping to stop you and then carjack you when you stop???

On the parents of the "child"

1. You now have grief that will never end in this life. Did you know your kid was risking his life this way? What did you think your kid would do while he was unsupervised? go to church? Sadly, our society believes that no one is responsible for your kid's behavior. What a joke. You were responsible for teaching your kid, and you failed. You by no means deserve the grief you'll feel forever, but that is the horrible price when "no one is responsible." Only some nameless stranger is responsible, right? . . . it's never the parents' job to take responsibility, right?

The world is FULL of losers. That's about all there is to say.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wasn't that stupid has a kid, he should have known better. I guess he and his friends learned a lesson.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join