It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Responsible

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Let me state first ,that I believe going into Iraq
was one of the greatest mistakes our government has ever been responsible for.
I am wondering in the big picture, who is really responsible for the deaths
that have been incurred from this blot in our history.
Both Our soldiers that gave all, or the Iraqis. who also lost many innocents.
Is it us, American citizens, who elected the people in congress and this administration?
Is it just the way war works?

In the end of it all and we stand before our maker
What will YOU say to him to explain your compliance??

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Resposibility lies with those who support it, supported it, fight for it, fought for it, voice anything that supports it, etc. Anyone who directly or indirectly partakes in any action(s) that support the war(s) is responsible for what happens. That goes right down to the people who made the guns and ammunition, the medics who keep the people fighting, and the guy who greases the tank so it can keep firing.
Those who never supported these actions, never did anything to support it let alone anything else, are not responsible YET. The next catch is those who never supported the war(s) yet never does anything about it, those who do not even try to stop it. Example would be someone who sits at home or in a bar whining about the war but never takes any action, telling other people the truth about the war is action too.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think Vekar's point is valid but we are all responsible as we pay taxes and elect the government that decides on our behalf to going to war.

Even if people do not activitely support a war, how much do they do to stop the war. Many people protested but how many of us did something active to stop this war.

We all continue to pay taxes and did not remove our governments. (I am sure this is another thread subject!!)

We are all responsible.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
About 3-4 years ago I ran across and article somewhere outthere that talked about a woman who was in her 60's. The government siezed her home, car, land, EVERYTHING she had all because of this:
She looked up and found out apprently (SOMEHOW) WHICH part of your tax goes to the military, and when she payed her taxes, she left that part out. She REFUSED to pay the part of her tax that goes to the military, and the fed took EVERYTHING she had. She was left homeless, broke, and nowhere to go all because she found out which part goes to the military then refused to pay. SHE is NOT responsible for what goes on untill she pays that tax, or supports the war or military/government who commits the crimes.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We should have all rioted long and loud against this bogus WOT and search for WMD. We should have had the chance to be united as citizens of this planet on a day that was telecast around the world.

Concerts for world hunger are organised and telecast so why could we not have done this to stop the coalition invading Iraq in the farcical war built on lies ?

I want all the coalition troops home now.

I want the puppetmaster(s) to be accountable

I want a world wide protest and by God we wanna be heard

We are responsible due to our complacency and failure to RIOT

sorry for the rant, just makes me really angry

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
People have rioted, in the millions across the nation, the rest are too poor and too busy to riot. Those who are not named prior are the bu#es who want things to stay as they are. There are three major factions fighting those who want things to change and they are: Corporations, Media, and Government. They keep the nation divided by not allowing the nation to realize what is going on, on the grander scale.
Remember this: Those who have joined the military AFTER the invasions, are COMPLACENT and WANT to be there, they SUPPORT what is going on. Those who got stuck because they were in the military PRIOR too the invasion and do not support what is going on need help going AWOL without having the military go after their families. Remember that.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

In the end of it all and we stand before our maker
What will YOU say to him to explain your compliance??

If someday I find myself in heaven, standing before my maker, (and I seriously doubt both propositions,) All I'm going to say is, "Thank you." cause at that point all the talk in the universe will mean nothing.

Still, they are having an anti-war rally at the federal building in my hometown tomorrow afternoon at 4:30. Considering it's only a few blocks from where I live I might just put on my old hippy jacket and attend.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have come to accept that there was, is nothing anyone can do.
The corporate elite have decided it is better for their bottom line to allow this war.

They were the only ones with enough abilty to strangle the government.
The people mean nothing, the rich and corporate elite mean everything.

The only thing they care for is $$$

It is not the peoples fault, it is squarley the governments.
Its just sad to see some citizens still cannot see the truth from the bs.
these citizens arent responsbile either, they are the ones that continue to give america a bad name.

the world understands the evil, and the lies of GWBush, you only need to look at the company he keeps.
but when a casual citizen continue's to scream support and follow this government, all that does is bring a bad cloud over the entire US population.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I hear you vekar

When I sum it all up, I see...

1. People who just do not want to know (rose coloured glasses, and the rest of us are crackpots)

2. People who are afraid to speak up but know where it's at

As for the truth being kept from us...well some of us have done our own research and do not need confirmation.

By the majority of us being silent we allowed ourselves to become accomplices in this shameful act

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
agit8ed,

Yeah...whatever action we could have taken would not have made a bit of difference. There is an agenda and it will happen. No amount of protesting will change a thing or save our sorry arses.

mrwupy,

I hope the anti-war rally is peaceful and not shutdown by the Fascist Regime.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The world views us as snobs, why? Because the ONLY ones who can AFFORD to go elsewhere are the elite, and they ARE snobs. So far no one really knows what Americans are like unless they come here and avoid the bible belt.

"When an enemy cares nothing for peace, but only to abuse it, is peace the answer?"
-ME (Vekar)
How can you fight those who care nothing for peace unless they can use it to suit their greed? Is it worth playing along? We CANNOT win at playing their game, trying to put people in office does not work, they ARE the elite OR they are the PUPPETS. People keep playing THEIR game with THEIR rules, IT IS TIME WE PLAY BY OUR OWN RULES! Can you defeat someone when you play their way with their rules? No! You win by playing the way you know best!

new topics

top topics

join