It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hey All, I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Not sure what to say really, but I suppose I should add I'm an Aussie, so I hope that doesn't discredit me from posting here. Contrary to popular opinion some of us do do more than chase crocodiles and roos.

There seems to be an interesting array of topics and personalities here and I'm looking forward to discussions on various topics. Who knows I might even one day get game enough to introduce a controversial thread of my own. Probably about the only other thing I should add is that my background is in social science, so I don't offend easy nor do I offend, but I am very open to diversity and sharing opinions. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know the boards and people on the site. Cheers all

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Gypsy_Rose]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Gday right back at ya. There are a fair few aussies 'round these parts, wtr included.

You are pretty much guaranteed to have an awesome time on here, so start posting right away!

Looking forward to seeing you around.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi Gypsy_Rose,

Great to have another Aussie on board.

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,P@ATS,tinWiki.orG and Ignorance Denied.

Please take a moment to read the Terms And Conditions Of Use of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP.

Smokin' BQB Threads is the one stop place for all your ATS Board Questions & Answers.

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links is the ATS "Users Manual".

Feel free to send me or any staff member a 'U2U' if you have any questions.

Enjoy your time here, and happy posting.

sanctum.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
From one aussie to another - G'DAY!

I think you'll find that there is quite an active aussie community round here.

Hope you enjoy yourself

Ezk

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome Writer, and it's nice to know that I'm not the only Aussie around these parts. I'm slowly working my way around but I'm sure to be posting by the time you get back. Catch ya then.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Thanks Sanctum for the welcome. I've been working my way around the guidelines and as I've used php before it's all coming back fairly easily. I must say the handbook is a really nifty idea, simple in the layout and easily understood particularly with the added advantage of diagrams/pics. I must say 'hats off' to the person responsible for the handbook.

Cheers

Thanks also for the welcome Ezekiel, nice to know I'm not going to have to explain my slang or appalling sense of humour to everyone. ;-)

Cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey Gypsy_Rose & welcome

I hope you have a long & joyous stay here

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

You've uncovered the greatest corner of the internet. Enjoy your time on the boards and never hesitate to ask for help. Everyone is very approachable and more than willing to go the extra mile.

Welcome Gypsy_Rose!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gypsy_Rose

... and it's nice to know that I'm not the only Aussie around these parts. ...

Welcome to ATS!!

As you have found out already, ATS is truly an International experience!
It is one of the most diverse boards that I have seen, and absolutely the best!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hey wuzzz upp G! ROse

Hope you do love it here''
i cant wait to see how awesome you do become

let me know if i can help at all

Here is some good links that explain more links and truth about the real ATS, BTS, and PTS

Do You Wanna Win SOME Awesome Stuff? Play AllTheConspiracies Game Sponsored By AboveTopSecret.Com and for the Grand Prize you win your very own Domain Name!

All About ATS "Links"

ATS = Altruism - Trust - Sincerity

The Real ATS, BTS, PTS, for a new member

Get Adopted and learn the real ATS from some old citizens of ATS

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Pstiffy
Thanks for the welcome, and I love your avator btw. Cheers

Chissler Thanks for the welcome and the reassurances, and rest assured I will ask for help/advice as needed so I hope you've got your patient hat on.

Mechanic32 Thanks for the welcome. You know though I am beginning to wonder whether there is an ATS award for the biggest and best endorsement of the site. J/J

Ragster Thanks for the welcome, the 'wuzzz upp G! Rose' made me smile, and I'm guessing your the charmer around here...

Thanks for the links too. I liked the adopted idea, but by the time I'd worked my way through all 88 pages
only to find I had to go back and find someone who had offered, adoption just didn't seem that important anymore...
Anyways, thanks again and I'll catch you around the boards.

Grady Thanks, I think you've covered just about everything, and rest assured there will be spelling mistakes. As for configuring the 'myats' page, I'm not sure if but I might be having a bit of trouble there. I'll get back to someone on it if I can't figure it out today though. Thanks again.

Cheers All

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
G'day back at ya.

Good to see another aussie coming tpo the boards.

I'm not much of an active member, more of a lurker but I am around from time to time.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey Chissler, I was just checking out your avators and they are really good. Do you make them, and if so would you mind doing one one for me. What I would love is something like the last one in the third row, with all the lines over the face or whatever they are. It's a gorgeous picture and says a lot to me. But I of course would like something more feminine though based on a similar concept, i.e. womans half face with something like letters and/or numbers overlaying it almost like the text of a page, and in a sepia tone. But to be even more difficult I would like a bit of color but only in something like a blood teardrop or green eye or something. Hope that makes sense.
Hope you don't mind me asking and I sure do understand if you're not able to help me.
There are some really good pics there. Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hello & welcome,if you’re interested in getting to know the Human Brain you can check out the Human Brain Research Project here www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... -questions of the brain

[edit on 9-12-2006 by asala]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi there, and welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm another Aussie newbie. Good to see a few of them around!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WELCOME!!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Welcome!
Remember.. read critically!
For where there's a flood of information, having a right judgement is key.

new topics

top topics

join