It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Bush is secretly a Jew

Dunno

I thought he was advertised as a follower of Jesus. Maybe it is just a case of false advertising, by the republican party, so that he could get elected.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

This is exactly what I said. They are not at all catholic, they are satanic/power hungry moran with no respect at all for any lifeform.

you are wrong.

he is a barniest.
thats a cult that is worshiping barney the dinosaur. why did he called hes dog barney??? can you explain that?

therefore i announce that bush is a barneist. end of discussion.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You know what,regardless of his faith, the goal of the original poster is rather preposterous. What would happen if the government intruded and banned religion? Well, for one, they then would want to ban all belief systems. They wouldn't want you to believe in anything at all,which is what the secularist want any way.
Then they'd say, now if you believe in anything at all, God,spirit,angels,reincarnation,whatever, then you have to "register" your beliefs with the government so that when they start their "cleansing" you will be one of the first they come after.

Really, "Trust," your whole premise sounds like it came out of the coming one world dictator's mouth himself.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
@ SpeakerofTruth

some people say "the goverment" like they are some robots. why would anyone want to ban religion? who can do it?!
like the saying: "you and what army?"
in short... wouldn't happen couldn't happen.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 4-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
@ DeMitsuko

Well, given the present world situation, to think that most governments of the world are looking out for the well being of the populace is rather naive,in my honest opinion.

Who would want to ban religion? Hell man, :shk: the secularists would have it done in a heartbeat. They think that religion is at the root of all of the world's ills.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
you completely missed my point. what i was saying is that many of the "governing elite" are religios themselves. so there is no one that could ban religoin not to mention how pointless that would be at that time.

just to be fair i must say that i think that the world would be better off without religion.

thats just wouldnt happen. not in the near future that is.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko

just to be fair i must say that i think that the world would be better off without religion.

thats just wouldnt happen. not in the near future that is.

Put what in place of it? The already world corrupting Cartesian philosophy?
I mean really,part of what's wrong with the world now is the rampant materialism which stems from Cartesian philosophy.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
whats wrong with the world today is two things materialism and religion sometimes they apart somtimes together. but they are both equally bad.
what im talking about is maybe some day we will find the TRUTH (errr i dont like using that word) and that would be the only thing that we will believe in... some sort of universal faith.

that day would be the greatest day in our race's history.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mitsuko,yeah, that would be good. However, getting people to believe the truth will be the real challenge. I tend to think that the truth is probably a little harder to believe than any fiction novel that has ever been written.

Until there is some great change in consciousness,I am not sure that what you propose is even possible. Although,I certainly agree with your hypothesis.

By the way,I am not intending to imply that religion doesn't cause problems. It most certainly does. At the root level of this whole "war on terrorism" is a religious war.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i didnt mean forcing people to believe somthing i was hoping the change will come with time. i dont know about the consciousness shift happenig although i hope its true but we are on the same line of thought here.

and i most certainly agree on the war on terrorism if you believe the conspiracy or the offical story it still applies.

mod edit: quote

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What I have to reveal will be discussed at great lengths..

I'll only supply a bit of information. I'm going to make another thread to show-case all my details..
If you want more information, email me../u2u..

This information is from old old old documents .. from the 1500's to the 1900s
especially from the area of Mexico, Guatamala, Nicaragua etc..

The history of the native American race under the Spanish
power in North America has never yet been written with the
slightest approach to thoroughness.

Mexico and Guatemala, which everywhere was inspired by two
ruling sentiments-detestation of the Spaniards and hatred of
the Christian religion.
In their eyes the latter was but a cloak for the exactions,
massacres and oppressions exerted by the former. To them the
sacraments of the Church were the outward signs of their own
subjugation and misery. They revolted against these rites in
open hatred, or received them with secret repugnance and contempt.
In the Mexican figurative manuscripts composed after
the conquest the rite of baptism is constantly depicted as the
symbol of religious persecution.

The act of baptism is always inserted in their records of battles and
massacres. Everywhere it conveys the same idea,-making evident to
the reader that tile pretext for all the military expeditions of the Spaniards
was the enforced conversion to Christianity of the natives ; a pretext on
which the Spaniards seized in order to possess themselves of the land and
its treasure, to rob the Indians of their wives and daughters, to enslave
them, and to spill their blood without remorse or remission. One of these
documents, dated in 1526, adds a trait of savage irony. A Spanish soldier
is represented dragging a fugitive Indian from a lake by a lasso
around his neck ; while on the shore stands a monk ready to baptize the
recreant on his arrival

Such are the words of the Bishop of Chiapas. We learn
from his thoroughly instructed and unimpeachable testimony
that at the beginning of the eighteenth century Nagualism
was a widespread and active institution among the Indians of
southern Mexico
; that it was taught and practiced by professors
who were so much feared and respected that, as he tells us
in another passage, they were called “masters of the towns;”
that they gave systematic instruction to disciples in classes of
three, all of whom were bound together by pledges of mutual
information and assistance
; that a fundamental principle of the
organization and an indispensable step in the initiation into its
mysteries was the abjuration of the Christian religion, and an
undying hatred to its teachers and all others of the race of the
white oppressors; and that when they made use of Christian
phrases or ceremonies it was either in derision or out of hypocrisy
the better to conceal their real sentiments

"There are certain bad Christians of both sexes who do not hesitate to
follow the school of the Devil, and to occupy themselves with evil arts,
divinations, sorceries, conjuring, enchantments, fortune-telling, and
other means to forecast the future.
"These are those who in all the provinces of New Spain are known by
the name of Nagualists

The Bishop writes :
"The Indians of New Spain retain all the errors of their time of heathenism
preserved in certain writings in their own languages, explaining
by abbreviated characters and by figures painted in a secret cypher he
places, provinces and names of their early rulers, the animals, stars and
elements which they worshiped, the ceremonies, and sacrifices which
they observed, and the years, months and days by which they predicted
the fortunes of children at birth, and assign them that which they call
tlie Naguals. These writings are known as Repertories or Calendars,
and they are also used to discover articles lost or stolen, and to effect
cures of diseases. Some have a wheel painted in them, like that of Pythagoras,
described by the Venerable Bede ; others portray a lake surrounded
by the Naguals in the form of various animals. Some of the
Nagualist Masters claim as their patron and ruler Cuchulchan, and they
possessed a certain formula of prayer to him, written in the Popoluca
tongue (which was called Baha in their lime of heathenism), and which
has been translated into Mexican.
" Those who are selected to become the masters of these arts are taught
from early childhood how to draw and paint these characters, and are
obliged to learn by heart the formulas, and the names ot the ancient
Nagualists, and whatever else is included in these written documents,
many of which we have held in our hands, and have heard them explained
by such masters whom we had imprisoned for their guilt, and
who had afterwards become converted and acknowledged their sins.

I have referred in some detail to the rites and superstitions
Connected with the Calendar because they are all essential
Parts of Nagualism, carried on far into Christian times by the
Priests of this secret cult, as was fully recognized by the Catholic
Clergy. Where ever this calendar was in use, the Freemasonry
Of Nagualism extended
, and its ritual had constant reference to
It. Our fullest information about it does not come from central
Mexico, but further south, in the region occupied by the
Various branches of the Mayan stock, by the ancestors of some
One of which, perhaps, this singular calendar, and the symbolism
Connected with it, were invented.

We cannot err in regarding Oztoteotl as merely another name
of the Nahuatl divinity, Tepeyollotl, the Heart, or Inside, of the
Mountain, who in the Codex Borgia and the Codex Vaticanus
is represented seated upon or in a cavern.

It seems we've been duped... The secret cults of the world.. Nagualism... the oldest form of magick... and the world is RUN by them ... good tidings...

[edit on 12/4/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
He doesn't read them, that's just an accessory; like cufflinks.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Bush attend almost every year Bohemian Grove so he's a satanist. He's not christian, not a jew, he's zionist and a satanist. He only portrait himself as a catholic because he want the religious people to vote for him.

Considering that you messed up and said that Bush portrays himself as Catholic, I have to wonder about the validity of everything else you have just said.

Bush is not a Catholic. He doesn't even pretend to be Catholic.

Edited to add - I believe the picture is fake.
I also believe he can be whatever the heck religion he wants to be.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I also believe he can be whatever the heck religion he wants to be.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by FlyersFan]

I agree. It doesn't matter what religion he is or even if he has one to me. I am more concerned about his actions than what he believes really. Although,in the case of Bush, I think that his actions are very much interrelated with his beliefs. As I said, I think he's a Zionist "Christian." However, that is just the conclusion I have come to after studying about some of his views.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Bush and co. like to send little signals by the books they carry. I'm not saying that the picture is real... I'm more likely to believe it's fake. HOWEVER, it is well-known that Bush, Rove etc. like to walk past the White House Press or arrive at a press-briefing with a carefully-selected book under their arm. The famous one is the time Bush walked through the White House Lawn on his way to Marine 1 and under his arm was the book 'BIAS' strategically placed so that the media could get a good look at it... the implication being, the Media is liberally biased etc.

Since I have been docked 20 points for a one liner amongst one liners, I take it as a solicitation for expounding on my biased opinion, which was really in agreement with firebat's perceptive noting of the use of books for the purpose public relations or propaganda.

I imagine when he's selling the rapture line to the fundamentalists to win support for breaking Chavez's up and coming Eastern oil alliance in order to garner support to invade Iraq and gain control over oil and water resources there, he's a fundamentalist.

When he's speaking to Catholics, he's probably very interested in the immaculate conception.

When he's wining and dining, or rather peppermint teaing and dining the Taliban, he probably commiserates on the price of blowing up ancient Buddhist statues.

Which brings me to the conclusion that he worships Mammon. Everything in the pursuit of power, and money is power.

I believe he was raised Protestant.

The Protestant monopoly on this year's major presidential candidates may seem an aberration. John F. Kennedy's election supposedly cracked the religious wall in presidential politics, and the overt prejudice that barred Catholics, Jews, and Mormons from national elective politics has disappeared. Jews, who used to obsess about the first Jewish president, no longer think about the issue. Presidential campaigns have become as ecumenical as a Unitarian seder. Since JFK, candidates have been Mormon (Orrin Hatch), Jewish (Arlen Specter), Eastern Orthodox (Michael Dukakis), and Catholic (Ted and Bobby Kennedy, Bruce Babbitt, Pat Buchanan, and—surprise—Alan Keyes, among others).

www.slate.com...

[edit on 4-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Clearwater,
you brought up something that I have beat like a "dead horse." Mammon. Mammon is essentially materialism. Those who worship mammon essentially worship material things.

I view Bush in somewhat that manner,except he uses "Christian" concepts to expunge on it. "Christian" Zionism is actually interrelated because they want certain things to happen to bring about their Messiah.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree Speaker of Truth, I feel Mammon is materialism and agree with many biblical scholars that worshiping idols is replacing spiritual values with the worship of money.

I think the quote is - The love of money above all else is the root of all evil.

As a politician it is incumbent on Bush to appeal to the biases in any crowd in order to attain his political ends.

I think the Christian zionists, as some call them, are losing patience with his manipulation of their religious beliefs for his political purposes. As are the Israelis, who have limited the tours of these fundamentalists, in the view that their beliefs are antagonistic and sometimes dangerous.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
@ DeMitsuko

Well, given the present world situation, to think that most governments of the world are looking out for the well being of the populace is rather naive,in my honest opinion.

Who would want to ban religion? Hell man, :shk: the secularists would have it done in a heartbeat. They think that religion is at the root of all of the world's ills.

If you're worried about the secularists, then you should be more worried about the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Clearwater,
you brought up something that I have beat like a "dead horse." Mammon. Mammon is essentially materialism. Those who worship mammon essentially worship material things.

I view Bush in somewhat that manner,except he uses "Christian" concepts to expunge on it. "Christian" Zionism is actually interrelated because they want certain things to happen to bring about their Messiah.

I'm not sure what you mean about Christian Zionists. Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah. I don't know of any mainstream Christians that believe that they can control God's timetable, with regards to the 2nd Coming, etc...

The God of the Old Testament and New Testament are the same. The difference being that Christ hadn't atoned for man's sin yet in the Old Testament(till then Man was under the Law), after the crucifixion(Man was under the state of Grace).

What does any of this have to do with anything? Well.....there's nothing in the New Testament that has anything to do with (prohibition of Wars, Foreign relations, etc.. ) so to claim that Bush is satanic is beyond ridiculous. I do recall governments having certain authorities(i.e. render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, Capital Punishment, etc...)
It's one thing to have a difference of opinion with the man, but quite another to ascribe all manner of evil motivations, due to him having different ideas than one's self. I'm sure I could come up with all sorts of names for Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, etc.... if I was inclined to.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

I'm not sure what you mean about Christian Zionists. Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah. I don't know of any mainstream Christians that believe that they can control God's timetable, with regards to the 2nd Coming, etc...

The God of the Old Testament and New Testament are the same. The difference being that Christ hadn't atoned for man's sin yet in the Old Testament(till then Man was under the Law), after the crucifixion(Man was under the state of Grace).

I don't view them as being the same at all...I am not going to get into that here..

Christian Zionists are not mainstream, but I cannot criticize them for that because I certainly am not mainstream either, not by a long shot...I can criticize Zionist Christians for being elitists and they do indeed believe that their actions effect God's plan... or as you put it, "timetable."

[edit on 14-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join