It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone "claiming their grandfather is a 33 degree mason"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

Any US mason can become a 32nd degree mason just by joining the Scottish Rite and going through a reunion. (usually a weekend) I wish it was some fantastic achievement, but it's not. Being a good person is.
I feel confident that your great grandfather was a good man.
edit on 26-4-2013 by network dude because: gr8

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are a good number of 33s out there....its not that rare.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

there are very few 33rd degree masons

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Everyone has heard it....

Don't lie... there aren't millions of 33 degree masons

I do not believe that everyone here whom has said thier father or grandfather was a 33 degree mason. As 33 degree masons were highly elite and the person knowing them would have great knowledge and power.

Spill the beans... lol my new fav saying

I don't know about millions, but there are literally hundreds of thousands and as of 2 weeks ago there is one more to add to that number.

2 weeks ago I received my 33rd degree and am now eligible to join the Scottish Rite and the Shriners.

33rd degree only means that you have reached the highest degree in the Masonic Lodge. Now think of how many Shriners there are in America, all those Shriners that are involved in the Shriners Hospitals and Christmas and Thanksgiving parades, they have all reached 33rd degree in the Masonic Lodge and have went on to join the Shriners and Scottish Rite.

I can't help hut laugh when I see all the conspiracy posts about Masons or 33rd degree Masons. My father was a 33rd degree Mason, a Shriner, and a Scottish Rite member and I have been a Mason for over 10 years and have never seen anything even remotely pagan or conspired from the lodge, in fact they are very strict concerning moral standing in the community and have a very low tolerance of any criminal or immoral activity.

I am a firm believer in conspiracy facts, but this chatter surrounding the Masons is much more conspiracy theory than conspiracy fact.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ICanHearTheTrumpets

You do realize that nearly 400 men were invited to receive the 33rd last year alone.

reply to post by Nucleardiver

33rd in 10-years? Good on you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

How does one earn the 33rd degree without being a member of the Scottish Rite?
Are you in the US?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICanHearTheTrumpets
reply to post by CPYKOmega

there are very few 33rd degree masons

In my area 33rd SR Masons are a dime a dozen , there are so many that anymore that little honor has lost it's luster .

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

I don't know about millions, but there are literally hundreds of thousands and as of 2 weeks ago there is one more to add to that number.

2 weeks ago I received my 33rd degree and am now eligible to join the Scottish Rite and the Shriners.

33rd degree only means that you have reached the highest degree in the Masonic Lodge. Now think of how many Shriners there are in America, all those Shriners that are involved in the Shriners Hospitals and Christmas and Thanksgiving parades, they have all reached 33rd degree in the Masonic Lodge and have went on to join the Shriners and Scottish Rite.

I can't help hut laugh when I see all the conspiracy posts about Masons or 33rd degree Masons. My father was a 33rd degree Mason, a Shriner, and a Scottish Rite member and I have been a Mason for over 10 years and have never seen anything even remotely pagan or conspired from the lodge, in fact they are very strict concerning moral standing in the community and have a very low tolerance of any criminal or immoral activity.

I am a firm believer in conspiracy facts, but this chatter surrounding the Masons is much more conspiracy theory than conspiracy fact.

Are you being facetious with this post ? Joking ?

Why I ask is because it contains many glaring errors . One can not get the 33rd unless he is already a SR Mason . Did you mean to type 3rd degree in stead of 33rd ?

The 33rd degree is not the highest degree in the Masonic lodge , that is the 3rd degree , that of a Master Mason .

Any 3rd degree Master Mason can join the Shrine . if I remember correctly , that rules was changed in 2000 .

Not all Shriners are 33rds . Many 33rd SR Masons may be Shriners , but they are out numbered by Masons who have not received the 33rd .

Again , you typed 33rd (in place of 3rd degree) in three different places so I do not take it that you did that in error .
edit on 20-5-2013 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Are you in the US?

I was kind of wondering the same thing...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Are you in the US?

Me too - I was thinking the same thing. I smell something unpleasant...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I call BS.

North Dakota is part of the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction, and 33° honors won't be held until after the biennial session in August.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I got my 33rd just looking out the window one day.
I became aware and started evil eyeing people. It was awesome.
I was standing like an owl and whoing whoing like one too. Then I fought and received a crescent inverted moon on my hand. Neat. Then my old pal lance was killed because he conferred the high degree on me. SAD DAY FOR ME! I DONT WANT TO BE 33

edit on 21-5-2013 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

I call BS.

North Dakota is part of the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction, and 33° honors won't be held until after the biennial session in August.
Well he said now that he received his 33rd he is eligible to join the Scottish Rite and Shriners obviously makes his post BS. For those who don't know, you can join either the Scottish Rite or the Shrine after passing through the 3rd degree.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I can claim to know a 33rd degree mason. It's not my grandfather, but someone I know "very" well. ;-) I went with him to the House of the Temple in DC when he received the honor. I even got to meet Mr. Seale. I, of course, didn't get to see the ritual, but I got to hear about it. In fact, I've heard the details on everything from the EA ritual to each of the plays they see for the reunions in Scottish Rite. All very intriguing to me. I'm always a little jealous that I can't be a member, but I understand why.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: senrak
My Grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join