It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone "claiming their grandfather is a 33 degree mason"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Everyone has heard it....

Don't lie... there aren't millions of 33 degree masons

I do not believe that everyone here whom has said thier father or grandfather was a 33 degree mason. As 33 degree masons were highly elite and the person knowing them would have great knowledge and power.

Spill the beans... lol my new fav saying

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's the 34th Degree Masons we should be worried about

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

And it's much too scary to talk about the 35th degree masons, the mere mention of the name could get you killed. Whoops! I'm in trouble now.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Originally posted by Sapphire

And it's much too scary to talk about the 35th degree masons, the mere mention of the name could get you killed. Whoops! I'm in trouble now.

Actually my post is a bit off the wall.... I have just found out that a 33 degree mason is the "graduation" of someone.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There was a masonic lodge practically beside my house in Plymouth. On friday nights, we would sometimes see what appeared to be 'ladies of negotiable affection' arriving at and leaving. Not being allowed to smoke in my own house at the time, I spent many hours watching the front of the building for no particular reason.

I'd rather be a Stonecutter.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

me too my friend..... me too

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Fascinating. One Mason ( not here, in a book ) said one in 10,000 is 33d degree. Another Mason ( not here, at a defunct site ) said 1 in 25. Got accurate numbers for us, CPYKOmega?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
maybe no one really knows the exact figures??

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The figures and ratios vary massively from constitution to constitution.

Certain states in the US have the highest number and highest proportion of 33's anywhere as a result of different recruitment and advancement policies.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
just to clear up a very common misconception about Freemasonry... the higher the number does not automatically make you superior in rank. so a 33rd does not make someone "higher" than a 3rd. All degrees numbered higher than the 3rd are purely side degrees and entirely voluntary apart from 30th to 33rd which are conferred degrees. so If i took the 18th degree tomorrow with no provincial or grand lodge rank i still would not be superior to a 3rd degree with the lowest provincial rank.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie
just to clear up a very common misconception about Freemasonry... the higher the number does not automatically make you superior in rank. so a 33rd does not make someone "higher" than a 3rd. All degrees numbered higher than the 3rd are purely side degrees and entirely voluntary apart from 30th to 33rd which are conferred degrees. so If i took the 18th degree tomorrow with no provincial or grand lodge rank i still would not be superior to a 3rd degree with the lowest provincial rank.

This is true in spirit, but not in perception.

All 'advancements' in degrees provide for a higher level of esoteric knowledge, especially in the constitutions which have a less encompassing and more exclusive policy. Some require a number of years of commitment and active leadership.

The labelling of such advancements as "side interests" is true, if you are looking at Freemasonry as a dinner menu.

But advancement within one branch or another is exactly that, advancement.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Again, read "Old Cahier" , the powers of a 33d degree.

He can eject the WM, JD & SD from their lodge. Promote Masons on the spot. Make outsiders Masons. Sounds likea great deal of power to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Im betting that the 33rd degree masons arent much different from the entry level grunt masons.

I think people are barking up the wrong tree when they say mason's are evil or they are satanic in some way.

An honorary 33rd� is conferred annually to certain 32nd� masons who have exemplified, in their daily lives, the true meaning of the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of God. The recipient must be at least 33 years of age and may not apply for the degree.

That was a quote from here:

www.masoniclight.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
FYI a 33rd degree cannot under the constitution of the grand Lodge of England do any of the following.

Eject any officer of the Lodge.
promote anybody or make outsiders Masons.
He cannot even become an officer of the Lodge unless he is a member, and he can also be excluded from private Lodge meetings

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My grandfather is a 69 deg. mason.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
check this link if you're really interested

www.masonicinfo.com/33rdsrule.htm

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey my grandfather and great grandfather are both 33rd degree Masons

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Everyone has heard it....

Don't lie... there aren't millions of 33 degree masons

I do not believe that everyone here whom has said thier father or grandfather was a 33 degree mason. As 33 degree masons were highly elite and the person knowing them would have great knowledge and power.

Spill the beans... lol my new fav saying

My grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason. Believe it or not. He was a world war 2 veteran, owned real estate and was one of the owners/boardmembers of a door manufacturing plant. A pillar of his community, as they say.

Neither my father nor I followed in the tradition, to my grandparent's dissatisfaction. Dad's sisters were in the Eastern Star. I'll never forget having to sit through ceremonies at the temple as a child. yawn.

A new day has dawned.

You're not gonna get any secrets out of a Mason. If you do, your Mason's done. Besides, unless you're 33rd or above, you don't know anything anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
There was a masonic lodge practically beside my house in Plymouth. On friday nights, we would sometimes see what appeared to be 'ladies of negotiable affection' arriving at and leaving. Not being allowed to smoke in my own house at the time, I spent many hours watching the front of the building for no particular reason.

I'd rather be a StoneER.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What of the adept levels up into 80 or 90? Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join