It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS 3 or X Box 360???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

Originally posted by DJMessiah
In 2007, the newest Metal Gear Solid will far surpass any 360 game.

Which is being ported to the 360. SHould I pay 600 dollars now, or pay 400 to be able to play it a year later?

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I will say it once more in all caps hoping that you'd see it.

HIDEO KOJIMA HAS SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT MGS4 IS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE AND HE DOESN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY. SONY IS ALSO IN FAVOUR OF THIS DECISION!

In fact, Hideo Kojima, one of the best game directors out there has even poked fun of the 360 in the past, saying "In my studio 360 means nothing ever changes." Lmao, that's pure pwnage from a genius of a man.

Its already been confirmed in the pipelines that its not kojimas decision to port it, and he's being pushed to port it by the upper management. If you dont believe me, theres nothing I can do to proove it to you untill you get the confirmation, but so far some very reliable rumor mills that rarely have been wrong in the past about ported games all confirm its in the pipelines. So you can piss and moan in fanboyism all you want about it and how he hates it, but you'll see when the big announcement of "MGS4 ported to 360 Q1 2008" scrolls acrossed every gaming news site in the biz.

"...I miss the rumble..." -Hideo Kojima

[edit on 12-3-2006 by WolfofWar]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"The support of Microsoft in Japan is really strong, too, so everyone in Japan has a good feeling." - Hideo Kojima

"My impression is, for PS3, Sony is aiming for a very high level. I'm not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting. For Xbox 360, it's a little bit more down to earth, more realistic so people maybe can join easily to start creating on the 360."- Hideo Kojima

www.kotaku.com...

I can hardly call him poking fun at 360.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

In fact, Hideo Kojima, one of the best game directors out there has even poked fun of the 360 in the past, saying "In my studio 360 means nothing ever changes." Lmao, that's pure pwnage from a genius of a man.

Is that why he said this?

first of all, it's not that I don't like Xbox or 360. It's just that last year, our hands were really tied to MGS3, so the other Konami developers were able to get their hands on the 360 tools and hardware earlier. But we simply didn't have time to do that last year.

Maybe some nuance or a small details here and there might be different, but I feel that hardware is no longer a matter. I'm just talking about PS3, 360 and PC. Revolution is totally different, but there are really no differences among the other three.

[edit on 12-3-2006 by WolfofWar]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Keep dreaming fanboys, MGS4 a sure thing for ps3, Just a rumor for 360.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
the ps3 and xbox are very similiar so your question comes down to this. what games do u want to play? here are list of xbox360 only games, and ps3 only games. read the list over and figure out which system has the games u must play.

www.google.com...

xbox only games

in the end it doesnt come down to which machine performs better. it comes down to which machine will you have more enjoyment playing. remember u cant play mass effect on the ps3 , but u also cant fight giant crabs on the xbox. if your thing is finding the weakspot to inflict massive damage. the ps3 is yours. the games are what makes a system. not the brand name.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
lol thehumbleone, I dont like MGS anymore. I won't buy it if it does go to the 360. Just a small fact for you to know. MGS1 one of my all time favorites MGS2 major disappointment...cant tell you how 3 was, didn't bother to play it. I can safely say the same for mgs4. Stop milking a dry teet(metal gear solid series). lol

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Keep dreaming fanboys, MGS4 a sure thing for ps3, Just a rumor for 360.

Thats true, but like I said, its all but been officially announced. You'll just wait and see.

But its not like it matters, MGS hasnt been a solid game since, well, MGS. Each ones had some severe faults, from over complicated stories (MGS2) to completely pointless stories (MGS3) the last one to truly get it right was MGS1.

Like I said though, one game doesnt justify 600.00. For Sony to truly succeed in gaining the market, they need first party titles, something they dont have. you have 7,400,000 xbox 360s grounded in the market, most of them not wanting a ps3, since they already have a next gen system.You have 1,100,000 wiis already sold, most of whom dont want a ps3 because they bought a wii to have an affordable system. And you have the 334,000 PS3s sold, most which were bought and resold to make a profit.

For the ps3 to either draw from those pools of gamers already locked in, or the small few that arent (since the gaming industry isnt an infinite pool of consumers) they have to grasp first party games. Look at theyre titles up till fall 07, all of them are 360 games. They have no first party games, the only two they really can claim to have, one of which is heavily rumored to become ported over. And its entirely possible, and probable. Its not owned by sony, they have no loyalty there, they made substance for the xbox and a remake on the gamecube.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thank you EG, games will make the systems now. To think a rehashed series like MGS will be able to outbeat all the games on the 360 is the talk of bias opinion. Could killzone be better then halo 3. Possibly, but from what we have seen thus far, its a slim change, but we dont know.

what I do know is bashing Lost Odyssey then saying FF is a main title for the PS3 is not the way to win a debate my friends.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
wow i fahqed up my ps3 only games link. why u see 1gazillion edits on my earlier post. i thikn ms owns wikipedia and it didnt want me offering a link to ps3 games.

the ONLY factor to help a person decide between a ps3 or an xbox 360 is what games do each offer. the idea of a console is to have fun. which one has games that will be more fun to you?

to argue which system has a better cpu or gpu is pointless. they both look awesome. if such an arguement was valid, the nes and sms would have killed gaming long ago.

btw people, name one system that was the most powerful of its generation that actual won its generation. i cant think of any. games make a system worth buying.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Give it some time, you will see the awesome games that will come out for the ps3.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hmmm ....X box doesnt offer HDMI.

PS3 is a fully capable computer and can natively boot Linux. With a PS3 and its high end cell processor you wouldnt need another computer at all. Sony will release a linux disk soon and later you will be able to download linux from the web for the PS3. If anyone has a PS3 you can see within the system where the OS is installable.

The PS3 is also capable of interfacing with the amazing handheld PSP. The PSP can not only play games and act as a controler for the PS3 but it can also surf the web wirelessly, play video, photos, music, it has an attachable camera for taking pics and video, it has a GPS unit (coming out in 4 days), can be used as an Ebook reader, and is most definately going to expand it's capabilities. Some PSP games like Socom have cross talk capabilities ie. portions of a game completed in the PSP will have an effect on the game on the PS3 and visa versa. The Xbox has no hand held system.

Disclaimer: I do not own either a PS3 nor an xbox 360 so I have no reason for bias either way. Just pointing out some important capabilities

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Lol I would say either 360 for the games, or Wii for unique ones. I think Wii will survive because I can see alot of people liking the advanced motion sensor control. They did it alot better then PS3 so Anyone who really wanted it for the motion sensor gameplay is going Wii.

As far as games, Ive already stated my arguement. Wii I think will take a steady second place. While 360 will probably take first. Watching sony fade out like sega did.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Lol I would say either 360 for the games, or Wii for unique ones. I think Wii will survive because I can see alot of people liking the advanced motion sensor control. They did it alot better then PS3 so Anyone who really wanted it for the motion sensor gameplay is going Wii.

As far as games, Ive already stated my arguement. Wii I think will take a steady second place. While 360 will probably take first. Watching sony fade out like sega did.

Hahaha, what a joke! sony will be #1 Like it has been these past 10+ years.

Keep those dreams though, they might help ease the pain.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
how can u be so sure sony will be #1? if SONY actually believed this would they have # canned their boss? doubtful.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I can be sure because 360 still does not have a good fan base in japan.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What reason will sony do good? Less then 500,000 systems sold to Wiis 1,000,000 plus should say something right off the bat. Who, out of the 7 million plus gamers, is going to buy a PS3? For graphics? Spend 600 on a PS3 or 200 on the HD-DVD drive?

How about for games? 600 dollars for MGS 4 FF and GT5? Now given some one actually likes this wide variety of games there is a small chance they might spend the combine amount of 750+ dollars for the PS3 and those 3 game...but I doubt it, especially if they have the 360 already.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

not according to hideo kojima, look at the quote I put up above. Or are you just not reading them anymore because they might crush your imagine of reality, that the PS3 is infallible.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

not according to hideo kojima, look at the quote I put up above. Or are you just not reading them anymore because they might crush your imagine of reality, that the PS3 is infallible.

I saw the quote, Kojima just said that cause some xbox fanboys were holding him hostage.

link   

Well the 360s fan base in japan has increased, is it good? not really, its still pretty bad.

But The japanese gaming community isnt as profitable as it used to. Back in the day Japan was the number one place the money was made in gaming. This was before the market in america grew much, later 80s, early 90s, the gaming "thing" was far too geeky and was just promoted wrong.

Now its totally different. Japan is only the second in terms of sales for games, the majority of the profits for the gaming industry comes from america. Thats why so many japanese games are being designed specifically for american gamers in mind. The 360 doesnt need Japan, especially since its conquering the North American and European fronts.

But lets see how sony's doing.

Theyre profits dropped, they lost 2 billion dollars in a lawsuit over they're CDs, theyre stocks dropped 40% WHEN they showed off the ps3 at the tokyo Game Show. Theyre still in the process of fighting over the dual shock technology lawsuit, and to top it off they're estimated to loose a staggering 2.3 billion dollars in ps3 sales in the next two years.

link   

if this is your arguement , then how do u figure the ps3 will outsell the wii? ask anyone in japan if they have heard of nintendo . ask them if they know where to buy a nintendo ds.

even if sony wins the market in japan, u still have usa, europe, australia. ps3 is totally screwing up in europe and australia right now. also the xbox is making strides in japan. look at one of the most anticipated games in japan right now. its for the xbox360. blue dragon

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join