It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS 3 or X Box 360???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

HAZE!!
Rachet And Clank Future: Weapons of Destruction
Metal Gear Solid 4!
Devil May Cry 4!
HEAVENLY SWORD!! Amazing this is
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Gran Turismo 5 with a ton of new cars, ability to edit replays with motion blur and snap shot, can't wait!
WarHawk, a fav if you like these kind of games.
And my fav, Resistance Fall Of Man

Haze - Is on both 360, PC and PS3. I'll be getting it for PC

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Ugg, are they still making these god-awful games? I just wish Solid Snake will just crawl into his cardboard box and die already...

Heavenly Sword - God of War clone. Been there done that.

Uncharted - Looks interesting, but I won't play it unless it comes out for 360 or PC. Oh well, I guess I'm missing out

Gran Turismo 5 - I guess I'll be missing this game too.

WarHawk - I'd rather play Unreal Tournament 3 on PC

Resistance - Bleh. Gears is a much better game.

PS3 Fanboys are gonna be very disappointed when 3rd parties stop making games for Sony like they did for Dreamcase oh so many years ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well, until Microsoft makes a 360 that doesn't cost more then a PS3 and can play my fav xbox regular games and doesn't break 34% of the time I'll stick with my PS3.

Also, why would they stop making them? So they can lose money? Doesn't make much business sense.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
LMAO. Why would the developers support a 3rd place console(especially if it's really hard and costly to develop for)? They didn't support the Dreamcast or the Gamecube, why would they support the PS3 when it's clear it has pretty much lost the console wars for this generation.

My 360 cost me about 340 with tax plus my DVI(DVI>HDMI) adapter for 60 with tax for about 400. The lowest cost PS3 available was 499(all in CND).

[edit on 27-12-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 27-12-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Another one to add to the confusion!!

Courtesy: Techrepublic.

The Xbox 360 Elite includes two games and ships in this box. The Xbox 360 Elite is Microsoft's premier entry in its Xbox 360 console line that also includes the original Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Arcade models.
content.techrepublic.com.com...

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
They didn't support the Dreamcast or the Gamecube, why would they support the PS3 when it's clear it has pretty much lost the console wars for this generation.

It has? When was that? Sure it took months to build which was bad planning, but lately there are plenty of titles, more coming, PS Home on the way, and of course Blu-Ray.

Guess that HD DVD add-on for the 360 isn't much needed anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by sardion2000
They didn't support the Dreamcast or the Gamecube, why would they support the PS3 when it's clear it has pretty much lost the console wars for this generation.

It has? When was that? Sure it took months to build which was bad planning, but lately there are plenty of titles, more coming, PS Home on the way, and of course Blu-Ray.

Guess that HD DVD add-on for the 360 isn't much needed anymore.

Took months to make Perfect, why only .01% have failed while 360 is at 34% and Wii at 11%.
Also, all game magazines I've read all say the same, Wii will explode first quarter then fall off the face of the Earth with titles while PS3 will have amazing titles coming year round.
And as we already know HD DVD lost, only what, two studios are left and one of those is flipping to Blu Ray once its contract ends this month?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Man this is like discussing opposing views on religion at a tea party with church ladies. I wanted a ps3, I played one and loved it, but I couldnt talk the wife into paying the money for one. We just bought a 360, and for what gaming we do, it is great neither of us could be happier with it. I had an original X box also, so that helped in our decision to go for the 360 being as we have 20 games or so for it, and luckily all but one are supported on the 360. The biggest reason besides the money, was the fact that we can use the 360 as a media extender. I love playing games but I also like my music, and we thought it would be nice to be able to access home movies and play them on our big TV with the push of a button on the 360.

I wouldnt mind owning both, and if blu ray ends up winning the HD war, we will probably end up buying a ps3. The thing is, they are both great, they both provide hours of entertainment while providing a high quality gaming experience. I played some old games, paper boy, contra and a couple others that I lived for as a young man. It is just crazy to see how far they have come over the years, I remember that original nintendo, I thought that was where it was at. Now look at it, it keeps getting better, playing both the 360 and the ps3 I wonder to myself, how can it get any better then this? I guess it will though, I thought that with super nintendo, nintendo 64, original play station, and original x box.

They are both great systems and both have their positives and negatives, the only solution is to have both.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunner36
Man this is like discussing opposing views on religion at a tea party with church ladies. I wanted a ps3, I played one and loved it, but I couldnt talk the wife into paying the money for one. We just bought a 360, and for what gaming we do, it is great neither of us could be happier with it. I had an original X box also, so that helped in our decision to go for the 360 being as we have 20 games or so for it, and luckily all but one are supported on the 360. The biggest reason besides the money, was the fact that we can use the 360 as a media extender. I love playing games but I also like my music, and we thought it would be nice to be able to access home movies and play them on our big TV with the push of a button on the 360.

I wouldnt mind owning both, and if blu ray ends up winning the HD war, we will probably end up buying a ps3. The thing is, they are both great, they both provide hours of entertainment while providing a high quality gaming experience. I played some old games, paper boy, contra and a couple others that I lived for as a young man. It is just crazy to see how far they have come over the years, I remember that original nintendo, I thought that was where it was at. Now look at it, it keeps getting better, playing both the 360 and the ps3 I wonder to myself, how can it get any better then this? I guess it will though, I thought that with super nintendo, nintendo 64, original play station, and original x box.

They are both great systems and both have their positives and negatives, the only solution is to have both.

Not much to add to that, pretty well sums it up, both systems give you great gaming ability and are cheap, trust me I remember when home PC's and consoles came available to the masses, and you think todays prices are expensive MEH.

For the record I run PS1, PS2 and PS3, thats my choice like it is for anyone who prefers the Xbox.

Happy gaming to both types

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join