It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New American Currency?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
and I don't think they're gonna wait for the dollar to collapse. that would be a clear indication of failed policies, and we all know just how much Bush dislikes admitting failed policies....and well, he has his scapegoat waiting...the dreaded terrorists....I halfway expect to wake up one morning and find our entire banking system in shambles, with no way of knowing who has how much money where, or who owes whom what...and we can all happily start all over again....
and it can all be blamed on those dreaded terrorists....

or, the treasury dept. will take the supreme courts ruling to heart and change all our currency to accomodate the blind...

there's many ways this could come about...
but I got a feeling those in power will kill the dollar before they will let it die on it's own...that would prove to the world that their economic trickle down theories are about as bogus as they've made the dollar.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
hmm the north american union, it's not posible unlike europe, I would say except england the rest of europe has the same views and goals, but building a north
american union would be very hard if not imposible, canada has alot of french comunities that would not play along with it and would opose, also because mexico is very big in size, a flood of mexican emigrants would completly make things unbalanced to the edge of bankrupcy.
Another way this can be done is to exclude mexico but only for a while, similar to the EU, it formed little by little, set some conditions and let mexico make some efforts to come to a standard so it can join the union, any way I don't see canada willing to do this, half of it any way, they are very liberal and it would opose to their idea of life and ways.
What is done in some parts of the world can't be done in other parts, north america can't copy EU, it's not posible.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
maybe so, but if our current currencies go belly up, isn't there a way that the new currencies could be used to convince people to go alone with things that they normally wouldn't?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
OK people, I have read a lot here about the European Union and Euro currency wich is utter crap ...

I am from Belgium, living in Limburg, North-East Belgium, next to the border with the Netherlands and Germany. People over here, just like in every European country all voted against the Euro everytime it was asked the public ... prices raised after the Euro, it dodn't boost economy at all ... our rights are being taken away by some bureaucrats wich name we don't even know ... they just tried to put in the Euopean Constitution. I am very happy tey didn't succeed the first time, but believe me they will ... it's just a matter of time ... We just had this new gun-law in Belgium ... people either had to give up their weapons or go to the nearest police station with it to get in a datbase. Theirs this time-limit in wich you get amnesty for oning a gun ... after that it's against the law to own a gun without a license for it ... it's insane ... I believen in 2012, I beleive things are gonna change rapidly for some reason somehow ...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Originally posted by snafu7700
i'll be honest.....as soon as i saw that the first seven of your nine sources were world nut daily articles, i didnt even bother to read them. might as well have sourced the "national enquirer."

Well here ya go

Heres a link to video of Stan Jones discussing it.
video.google.com...

ANd heres Lou Dobbs commenting on the North American Union

Here
video.google.com...

And here
video.google.com...

And again here bringing up the Amero
youtube.com...

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Black_Fox]

Hmmmmm..

Your wrong for three reasons.

Not one source except World 'nut' Daily mentions "Amero"

The Euro is called the Euro because it is in Europe. Why would a North American Currency be called a "Amero?? HAHAHA, seriously. Think about it?

All your major sources are WND and that is not journalism, sorry.

Now, I wouldn't put it past Bush to want to do some stupid crap like this, but it takes congressional approval, let alone voter approval to do something like change our currency. Not to mention the economic implications, foreign relation implication (a lot of people hold reserves of dollars) it just wouldn't be excepted. What would be a more likely case is Canada and Mexico adopt the Dollar, and while more likely and making more sense it is still not going to happen.

So have no fear Blackfox. You will not wake up one Monday morning to find you have no money because we switched to the Amero.
Amero. Surly we could think of something more original!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Since one of the main concerns of a NAU is Mexico's flood of immigrants... how bout a NAU WITHOUT Mexico. Would this be possible?

I'd much prefer it that way since Canada and the USA share a VERY similar heritage, culture, language, and lifestyle status.... whereas Mexico is COMPLETELY opposite.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
I'd much prefer it that way since Canada and the USA share a VERY similar heritage, culture, language, and lifestyle status.... whereas Mexico is COMPLETELY opposite.

Being joined with Canada is fine with me.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
However, Canada seems to be a tad too liberal...

Too be honest, I don't ever see a NAU existing.

The U.S. would never join with Canada because the GOP wouldn't allow it - Canada is EXTREMELY liberal.

The U.S. AND CANADA would never join with Mexico... for obvious reasons.

The truth of the matter is... I don't think there will be a NAU, at least not in our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kris44
people, if you like it or not, the North American Union is coming ... face it ... it has been planned years ago ... the average american i getting dumber every minut!

WHy are you insulting Americans saying we are getting dumber every minute? You obviously don't know what you are talking about, like most people on this board.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

However, Canada seems to be a tad too liberal...

Too be honest, I don't ever see a NAU existing.

The U.S. would never join with Canada because the GOP wouldn't allow it - Canada is EXTREMELY liberal.

The U.S. AND CANADA would never join with Mexico... for obvious reasons.

The truth of the matter is... I don't think there will be a NAU, at least not in our lifetimes.

Think of it as...

Adding another California!

A little bit to Liberal, but with other states to cancel them out! .. Except Polosie. (Shivers at the sound of the evil she-demons name) - and not just because shes Democrat either. Shes evil.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh no noo no, it'd be like adding MANY states and a crap load of liberal representatives in the house. Already, liberals and conservatives are at a tight neck to neck ratio in the U.S where independents usually detemrine the election.

With Canada added in, the Democrats would have full control of all 3 branches... forever

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Think of it as...

Adding another California!

A little bit to Liberal, but with other states to cancel them out!

Thank you for summing up exactly why I have such a strong negitive reaction to the NAU.

As a Canadian, I have no desire to be "Canceled out".

I think it's say to say that I could speak for my nation on that one.

Seriously tho, I have a lot of bad feeling about this. It seems to me that the proposed union would feed the Corporate Beast. Cheap resources in Canada. Cheap labor in Mexico. Canada can be plundered, while the loose Mexica enviromental laws allow them to become massive polution generators.

What I see is a Madman's dream for raping the North American Contenant.

Other side issues: Despite our (Canadian) close proximity to the US, our forgin policy has thus far insulated us from attack by the various groups the US has tweaked-off. Closer ties could make us a bigger target. Sorry guys down South, but... ah... it really just ain't our mess.

Canadians in general are proud of our natural resources... in their natural state. I have no intention to tollerate our forests being pillaged for the good of some money guy in the US. Er, I mean even more so than happens now.

With loose Environmental Laws in Mexico, amorral corporate interests would exploit the freedom there. Working conditions would likely be very substandard. Polution would be unregulated. Outlawed research could be proformed. The US Government couldn't/wouldn't interfear with Corporate because A) those things wouldn't be happening on US soil and B) they'd lose business if they tried C) they can't stop 'em now.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Oh no noo no, it'd be like adding MANY states and a crap load of liberal representatives in the house. Already, liberals and conservatives are at a tight neck to neck ratio in the U.S where independents usually detemrine the election.

With Canada added in, the Democrats would have full control of all 3 branches... forever

Hey... wait...

I didn't think about that.

You mean we could get a leash on the American Dog of War?
NICE!

Ok, I'm all for the NAU!

(but not really
)

[edit on 5-12-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
In Canada, we know how US government manages things, and we don't want to merge because we will be slave and will be ordered to bow or die. Globalists are just ennemies of the constitution, of humanity, of free speech. The European Union should be disamble... the NAU should never be created.

I think sometime, people will get angry and the leaders heads will be cut.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Hey... wait...

I didn't think about that.

You mean we could get a leash on the American Dog of War?
NICE!

Ok, I'm all for the NAU!

(but not really
)

[edit on 5-12-2006 by BitRaiser]

Jeez.. that means terrorists, insane dictators, and evil rogue nations would roam free throughout the world... You're right, a NAU wouldn't be good.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hey this is great news for me. I have been in support of a North American Union for some time now. People united are more productive than People Divided. Its time to start knocking down borders and join the Global Unity System.

Seperatists are supremecists. There is nothing about a certain people that is better than any other's ok?

I am not saying believe anything that is being claimed here, but I just like everyone to know I am in full support of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There is no way the US dollar will be replaced with any other currency. And there is no way any other country would want to be part of sharing a currency with the USA. It makes no sense at all. Canada and Mexico are completely different from the USA.

The Euro was such a success because those countries had similar economies and social goals. Canada and the USA are like chalk and cheese...one is a democratic progressive nation and part of the Commonwealth running a surplus while the other is a conservative religious republic that is technically bankrupt. How could you possible reconcile these differences? The USA would no be able to come close in 100 years of meeting the economic guidelines needed to reconcile the US dollar with the Canadian dollar. It makes no sense.

Canada and Mexico would have a much better chance economically but the social differences are too great. The only other super currency that has a shot is a common Asian currency....this is a real possibility within 25 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm sorry to interrupt but the north American union has already been signed over. secret meeting in Canada took place about a month ago with the leaders of all three countries and fortune 500 companies. the truth is they will try to slip everything past the public and just keep feeding them TV specials and hope a revolution doesn't happen. lets face it the majority of people don't care enough to do anything about it.

If they make it public they will make up some BS reason why it must happen, and then the media will make us believe it with repetition repetition repetition.

I personally don't want it to happen but Stephen Harper and bush are buddies -> bilderberg group? I'm sorry to say but its here cooperatism rules these countries not the people. and Fascism rains upon us and we don't even realize it.

good bye.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
can anyone explain why a North American union is bad? I dont see it as bad at all. I think it is a beautiful thing. A step closer to a United Earth. People are just too scared of change I suppose.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hey this is great news for me. I have been in support of a North American Union for some time now. People united are more productive than People Divided. Its time to start knocking down borders and join the Global Unity System.

Are you stupid or just ignorant? I'm not assuming anything, just asking a question. To form a North American Union is to spit in the face of your founding fathers. And people won't be more united because they are ``merged`` on a map.

Seperatists are supremecists. There is nothing about a certain people that is better than any other's ok?

HAHAHA. Seperatists? You mean those who want to have their country? Do you know who is planning the NAU? The racists supremacists.

I am not saying believe anything that is being claimed here, but I just like everyone to know I am in full support of it.

And your an ignorant to do so, or your crazy.

can anyone explain why a North American union is bad? I dont see it as bad at all. I think it is a beautiful thing. A step closer to a United Earth. People are just too scared of change I suppose.

Why a NAU is bad? First, immigrants, second, the mexican economy, third, he police state, four, the new constitution written by the corporations with no illeniables rights, that mean no freedom no free speech no right to bears arms, ect...

Do you really want a north american police state dictatorship? If so, you're stupid or a government agent. And I'm a liberal constitutionalist, and I'll oppose anything that tries to get rid of the constitution.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join