It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you Post or Reply in this Forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That is, in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology (FST) forum.

I believe we all can fall into one of three general categories: 1) Believers, 2) Atheists/Agnostics, or 3) Satanists. Do our beliefs or lack thereof, help determine why we post or reply in FST? As a Believer, I post and reply to learn from the many bright members at ATS. I also attempt to teach (if I can???) others my experiences and beliefs so that they may gain in Faith and Spirituality. I have learned from many members at FST and I salute you!!!

I have noticed there are many Atheists/Agnostics and a few Satanists at FST. I am especially interested why they might post or reply at FST.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
That is, in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology (FST) forum.

Theology

Theology (Greek θεος, theos, "God", + λογια, logia, "words," "sayings," or "discourse") is reasoned discourse concerning religion, spirituality and gods

So, I'd say that most of us post here to have a reasoned discourse about religion, spirituality and gods. That includes people who who have the belief that they don't or shouldn't exist as well as those who believe they do.

I believe we all can fall into one of three general categories: 1) Believers, 2) Atheists/Agnostics, or 3) Satanists.

I disagree. We are all believers. I have very firm beliefs and I consider myself a believer, it's just that my beliefs are 180 degrees out from yours. I'm still a believer.

I have noticed there are many Atheists/Agnostics and a few Satanists at FST. I am especially interested why they might post or reply at FST.

From what you've said, I post here for much the same reason you do. To learn, open my mind and share my beliefs with others. I don't have the intent to teach anyone anything, though, because I believe (see? I'm a believer!) that everyone comes to their beliefs without my help and I would never presume that I have a line on beliefs that someone else doesn't.

So I think we're all posting here for the same reasons for the most part.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Purely educational. If I see misconceptions or misunderstandings that I can help clarify, I post.

I doubt any serious changing of hearts or positions occurs through my (and probably others) posts. If people read and understand better, job done.

Not that I post in this subforum often...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
BTS
deny boredom

i find this to be the most interesting and "alive" part of BTS

also, i have a huge interest in philosophical and theoligcal discourse

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ahh yes. Compulsive Labeling Syndrome. Gotta plug people into those categories so we can determine...uhh... something.

Consider me He Who Shall Not Be Labeled.

Since I try to learn something new every day, whatever I state today may be completely different than what I believe tomorrow.

Maybe.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
yeahright, I believe categorization has to be begun somewhere. Otherwise, humans might be categorized as viruses and bacteria.

I hope that there is no over-categorization and I will try my best to not over-categorize in the future.

God Bless Humans, Animals, Plants, Viruses, Bacteria, and All Other Living Forms!!!

May All Life Forms Meet in Harmony in the Hereafter!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it's an intelligent group, many points of view, very tolerating and willing to listen and learn. Whether I hear an idea I haven't heard before, or an old idea from a new point of view, it's all useful and it denies boredom. When you come here, you know that between all the stuff on ATS and this forum the discussion can go pretty deep and with open minds all around. So its good.

I guess you could ask, why do we ponder philosophy and religion and discuss it? I think I ponder life and all this mostly because it exercises my mind. I like to think of all the theories as well, theories!

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Novise]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lol, maybe they should call this forum Believers, Satanists, and Agnostics. Actually to better answer the question, as a completely Agnostic/Not sure what to think type, I come here also looking for answers. It's a refreshing group to listen to, you never know just WHO you might learn something from.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The most important thing we can do in earth-life is to believe in God. Has anyone at ATS helped you to believe in God? If so, may he or she help you to believe in God more, and vice versa.

When we find the Connection with God, the Infinite Power of the Universe, we want to spread the Connection, in hopes for Eternal Life and Eternal Grace.

God Bless!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The most important thing we can do in earth-life is to believe in God. Has anyone at ATS helped you to believe in God? If so, may he or she help you to believe in God more, and vice versa.

When we find the Connection with God, the Infinite Power of the Universe, we want to spread the Connection, in hopes for Eternal Life and Eternal Grace.

God Bless!!!

My first thought was, "Yes you, you have helped me!"

In an indirect way maybe leading someone in a certain direction of belief, simply by representing your belief and discussing in an effective manner.

But I realize you either believe or you don't. (Which is the point of those categories, no?)

If someone helped me to believe in God, then they could help me to believe anything.

I am saying that I think that would have to come from the inside. Can others alter the attitude, the perception? Certainly!

In that case nobody has helped me to believe, cause I do not believe for sure. But if you look at it, God is much more real to me since I started reading here, so what does that say?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

God Bless!!!

My first thought was, "Yes you, you have helped me!"

In an indirect way maybe leading someone in a certain direction of belief, simply by representing your belief and discussing in an effective manner.

But I realize you either believe or you don't. (Which is the point of those categories, no?)

If someone helped me to believe in God, then they could help me to believe anything.

I am saying that I think that would have to come from the inside. Can others alter the attitude, the perception? Certainly!

In that case nobody has helped me to believe, cause I do not believe for sure. But if you look at it, God is much more real to me since I started reading here, so what does that say?

Novise, if I have ever helped another being to believe in God in the slightest amount, it would be due to God. Science cannot equate with God. Belief in science is an attempt to understand, belief in God is an attempt to realize God's Miracles. Creation (Heaven, the Universe, Galaxies, Solar Systems, Stars, Planets, Cells, Atoms, Subatomic Particles, and Souls) was, is, and will remain Divine Miracles.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Exactly what are you labeling "satanists?" Is that just a label you cast on someone who doesn't believe as you do? :shk:

[edit on 3-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I thought the purpose of the categories was to simplify the broad spectrum of possible beliefs, and get that out of the way so we could go right into discussing his question. Instead everyone focuses on the categories, lol.. So it kinda backfired.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To hopefully provide information that will change others eternal destiny.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What is your favorite forum on ATS, PTS, and BTS? My overall favorite is this forum (FST) as I have learned by many who have great wisdom. As a believer, I try to be kind towards believers and non-believers alike, as I have had a broad spectrum of Spiritual experiences, and non-Spiritual experiences. I have been an incontrovertible believer in God for the last 11 years.

If FST has helped at least one person become closer to God, then it has provided a great service. It has helped me!!! God Bless ATS, PTS, BTS, and FST!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
cuz i live in the bts and these post keep poppin up so i comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
To hopefully provide information that will change others eternal destiny.

Ambitious goal, dbrandt!!! Best wishes in your pursuit!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Exactly what are you labeling "satanists?" Is that just a label you cast on someone who doesn't believe as you do? :shk:

[edit on 3-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

speaker, i think that was referring to someone on the board who is a self-proclaimed satanist, not just a label used to demonize

i can't remember who it is though...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am here because I'm a believer. But I'm most likely not a believer in the sense that you are referring to. I don't believe that Jesus the man was or is the entirety of god, but rather a small portion as we all are. God is everything to me, everything is a small portion of the whole that is god.

I believe we are capable of amazing things once we open up to love. Once we forget what fear is like and begin to love and empathize with others this world will change drastically for the better. I'm here for anyone that has a question that i can answer, and i'm here to explain what i believe to others.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

speaker, i think that was referring to someone on the board who is a self-proclaimed satanist, not just a label used to demonize

i can't remember who it is though...

Well,I was wondering because I don't know of anyone who posts here who even remotely resembles a "satanist" in his/her theology. I was just curious as to what Tech was labeling "satanist."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join