It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recently saw 28 Days Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Normally, Im the type of person who can watch a "scary" movie and it will not bother me. Ill fall asleep while watching the "scariest movie of the year" or whatever. But its movies like 28 Days Later, and The Stand that really freak me out. Just thinking that the government could, and possibly has created super viruses like this. Nothing in this world is 100% safe. One of these days, one of these viruses is going to escape, or get released and that will be it.. There are probably other threads about this. Discuss?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Have you seen Dawn of the Dead? That is the ultimate in making you feel extremely uncomfortable and making you feel sick at the prospect of it coming true.
Zombies freak me the # out!

The last 3rd of 28dl was a real let down. the army # and that HORRIBLE ENDING made me want to puch the # out of Danny Boyle. He #ed up what could've been a classic.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I saw 28 Days Later in the theater. This movie totally freaked me out. I can see something like this happening. I dont care how careful people are, with all the animal rights activists in the world, and all the experimentation going on, never say never. This movie was well done. It was not a mindless plot. There is a whole issue behind it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
John, have you seen the teaser trailer for the remake of Dawn of the Dead? The zombies aren't committed to a snail's pace anymore by the look of it...

I am a huge fan of zombie movies, so you can pretty much gaurantee no matter how crappy it is, I would still love it.

I recently bought 28 Days Later on DVD despite (as JN says) the latter part of the movie being a let down. If they had removed the Army "I promised them women" slant and added a more suspenseful stand and fight scenario, it would have proved better.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
If they had removed the Army "I promised them women" slant and added a more suspenseful stand and fight scenario, it would have proved better.

Couldn't agree more. yeah I have seen the trailer for the remake, I don't know what to make of it just yet. I just kind of think to myself "Why bother?", the original is already a classic. Yeah they look pretty speedy now don't they
That must be the new fad. What do you think about that Simon? Fast zombies is a scary idea but I find the idea of them slow but determined much scarier, they catch up with you eventually.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's a classic ironacy that a slow-moving dead person can still kill a #-scared man with a gun. Why change it!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
It's a classic ironacy that a slow-moving dead person can still kill a #-scared man with a gun. Why change it!

exactly...

When they move slow it gives you more time to think about what they are going to do to you, rather than it being over in seconds. That's much scarier I think.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by John Nada]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
resident evil get me thinking about what could happen
think about this how many time it actunll did happen but they got it under control that scariy to me

did you know they is resident 2 coming soon

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ack. I didn't like Resident Evil. However, I do agree that 28 Days Later was an excellent movie. Has anyone seen the alternate endings? I just saw the movie recently, and it scared me to think about all the crazy ass bloodborne diseases out there. And yes, the final third of the movie was ass, but it did have some okay scenes. If YOU were the director, what would you have doen with the last bit of the movie?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Actually I thought the Resident Evil movie was kick @ss. Iam an avid player of all the games and the movie was so on the mark. When I saw the train and they powered it up, it was like a rush went through me. They left it open for the Nemesis project etc. Cant wait for the next one.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Great movie... Loved it.. kind of like a modern day Dawn of the Dead... speaking of Dawn of the Dead, they need to re-make it bad.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've seen the movies with the original ending, but not the other two alternate endings. I'm looking forward to seeing them. It was a great movie.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was so hyped on seeing this movie, being a big zombie fan and all.

But, what a disappointment! Firt off, started really well, cool plot.

Then, it was like, blah. Lack of content. Why did they need to kill people? They didn't feast on the blood or flesh like a vampire or zombie. If it was just total rage, then why didn't they just start killing each other?

Then, the guy who awoke from the coma, was a totally sympathetic character at first. He was weak, and scared.

But near the end, he's like super-ninja, taking out the soldiers Sho-Kosogi style.

Total thumbs down on this one.

top topics

join