It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels & Demons Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was just driving home from the grocery store and heard on the radio that Angels & Demons has been confirmed to be released in 2008. With the success of The Da Vinci Code, I think this has been a long over due announcement. But I guess a well-timed one with the recent release of Da Vinci on DVD.

Angels & Demons

Note to self: Finish the damn book!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. I never bothered to see the Da Vinci movie because I heard they butchered it, but I enjoyed the Angels & Demons book much more than Da Vinci so I'd probably see this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Da Vinci Code movie was pretty decent. Of course,that is coming from someone who hasn't read the book yet.
Books are always better than the movie though. Always.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think as soon as I heard that Tom Hanks was playing the lead, I knew I wouldn't be seeing it. When reading the books, I pictured a much younger-looking man. Hanks is just getting too old to pull it off anymore. I guess the image I had in my head was Indiana Jones in his professor clothes.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The Da vinci Code was a half decent attempt at an impossible task, it was trying to beat the book, for people who had read the book their was only going to be one outcome...I havent read angels & demons and will probably give it a go when it comes out.

at least it has still got a chance in my eyes.

You just cant beat your imagination

[edit on 4-12-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

That was brilliantly said.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

[edit on 4-12-2006 by marcopolo]

That's the main reason the book is always better than the movie. Whereas, in a movie there is no room for imagination because the scene is right in front of you, with a book you can imagine a scene anyway you want...

Books are great.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Da Vinci film was alright. Its better in the book because obviously in movies you can't really differentiate between two characters, whereas in the book I had a small heart attack when I realised the old guy (forgot his name!) was the bad guy.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I liked the Da Vinci movie just because I hadn't read the book. No movie can touch a book in my opinion. The only one that even came close was LOTR, but that left a lot out. Hard to squeeze such a large book into a movie though.

I'll definitely go see Angles and Demons.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah the book literally took over my life for about a week. It only took me about four to read it, but for the rest of the week I was just pissed off that I had finished it.

I still have not picked up A&D again. But I am determined to pick up from where I left off. Still fairly early in the plot, so I'm not hanging on edge.

I thought the movie was a very good movie. Emphasis on movie. No matter what they did with it, they could not top the book. So immediately it has a strike against it.

But for the task they had at hand, they get
from myself.

I look forward to this one.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
The only one that even came close was LOTR, but that left a lot out. Hard to squeeze such a large book into a movie though.

I'm still angry Tom Bombadil wasn't in it. He was one of the best characters in the story.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've read 300+ pages in the last week or so of the book, and I am under the control of the book. I've laid for a few hours reading it. Just losing all track of time.

Langdon and Vittoria are getting into the thick of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I didn't like the book that much, probably because i listened to it and the guys voice drove me nuts. I was also very disappointed in the end and some parts are lame. If the movies looks like it is done well I might go and see it.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by DraconianKing]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The interaction between book and reader is underestimated. I have finished A&D, almost a month ago, and I believe it was much better than The DaVinci Code. I remember people telling me before I read it that I would probably enjoy it more, and I kind of shrugged it off. But they were right, it was much better.

I've bought Deception Point, but have yet to start it.

I hope the movie is better than The DaVinci Code. I liked DaVinci on film, but I think A&D can be done better.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Deception Point was very good in my opinion. Based on conversations with you on these boards, I conclude that you'll enjoy it, and if I'm wrong then I'm totally just kidding.

Digital Fortress, Brown's last book that hasn't yet been mentioned here, was also very good. It had a lot to do with computer encryption technology and the like, mixed in with his usual suspense and intrigue. Definitely look into it.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am sure that Digital Fortress will have my attention when I conclude Deception Point.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Angels and demons was a brilliant book - but i lost my copy!!!!! It's around the house somewhere... :shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ron Howard says it all....Angels & Demons the name alone is worth seeing it.

new topics

top topics

join