It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore feature question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If another member has me on ignore, will I still be able to see that member's posts?

Does the ignore feature just block the one using it from seeing the posts of the one ignored, or does it work both ways?

I ask this because I am unable to view another member's posts, but I have no members on ignore.

The only way I can explain it so far is if the ignore feature causes a two way block.

Thanks in advance for any assistance given with this question.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The ignore feature only works one-way.

I would guess that the member you can't see is on Global Ignore, in which case no one can see the posts.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would go for that, except the next poster to the thread that caught my attention on this issue agreed with the poster I couldn't see, citing the post by the name of the poster whose posts I cannot see. So other members can see this member's posts, but I can't.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
If another member has me on ignore, will I still be able to see that member's posts?

I believe so. They just would not be able to see your posts.

Does the ignore feature just block the one using it from seeing the posts of the one ignored, or does it work both ways?

To my knowledge, it only works one way. Any member we ignore, we are no longer able to see their posts. They can still read ours, but we can not read theirs.

I ask this because I am unable to view another member's posts, but I have no members on ignore.

They are probably on Global Ignore for a set period of time.

I would go for that, except the next poster to the thread that caught my attention on this issue agreed with the poster I couldn't see, citing the post by the name of the poster whose posts I cannot see.

It is possible that the other member had read the post before he/she was placed on GI, which would explain it.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe you could ask a staff member.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ah, chissler, thank you. That does give me a possible explanation.

You are sharp and insightful.

new topics

top topics

join