It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet 'Honda' to Impact Earth August 2011!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
someone asked if the earths gravitational pull was accounted for in the data. Did they also consider the moon's gravitational pull as well? Will any of these hit the moon? That will cause enough devistation for us as well!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Chuck Norris could take care of this easily, we just put him on this "Comet" as it shouldn't even be considerd one to Chuck Norris, to Chuck Norris it will be considerd a rock.. Not even that. He eats rocks like this for breakfest and a bowl of dynamite for lunch, he would take care of this easy.. All bow befor Chuck Norris!!!

I really am frustrated with all of these predictions of comets etc.. supposably hitting earth, really?

"Apparently" a comet is supposed to hit Wellington harbour The capital of New Zealand (for those whom have no idea about there geography) in 2011 oh wow i guess that emans bible code or some form of obsanity. Really? god if your out there? why do you have to make future telling so difficult by putting it in gospels that 70 year old men wrote 2000 or so years ago?!!?! WHY!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Jesus christ people. It was only the other month in august that we were going to
have mass destruction brought on to this planet, which never happened.

Arent we meant to be getting hit by a comet/asteroid/boger in 2010?
There must be a q of them out there.

Nice to read in this thread that people are actually looking forward to it!
You must have nothing in your lives to want to die so horribly.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Does Chuck Norris chuck as much as a woodchuck would chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
So if it is for sure that it will hit, will there be marshall law? Or is it everyman forhimself?

If it hits as hard as I think, you won't have to worry about such trivialities as Martial Law.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo
NASA's 3D website it shows the near extreme collision with earth for Aug 15th 2011,

I see it coming close to the path, but that the comet itself is not even close.
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Relax!! What you're seeing in that animation is in 2D. Looking at it from another plane, it is clear that it is missing Earth by about .06 AU or 5 million miles. That's a long way off. About more than 20 times the distance of the Moon from the Earth!!

So uncork your beer and celebrate! Cheers!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This will mean we will all be dead for the end of the world in 2012. We will miss WWIII, a collision with planet X a diminsional switch, a collision with the ecliptic plane, the anti- christ, Armagedon, Alien invasion and the end of the Mayan calender... and most importantly of all! The return of Elvis.

We are all gona miss the most exciting year in the history of man if this comet hits us in 2011.

External Link

bah just when things were going to get exciting we are all gona die =/

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
^ LOLz
But we can still count on Chuck Norris to karate kick that comet out of its collision course with earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I dont know but I dont think the end will come in 2011. The end will come but it will come later than that. If it comes, I'll be prepared. How much you want to bet that we'll all be alive after 2012 and we'll laugh it off?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I dont know but I dont think the end will come in 2011. The end will come but it will come later than that.

Other than your wishful thinking, do you have any data to back that up? Obviously, the "end" is statistically going to be after 2011... but what makes you think it's any less likely it'll happen tomorrow than 20 or 50 years from now?

If it comes, I'll be prepared.

I'm sorry but by definition, you will not be 'prepared' for the end. Otherwise, it won't be the end....

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
hey guys, let's not bother about this comet OK ... don't worry 'bout a thing, cis every litle thing is gonna be allright ...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Anyone on these boards know if earths gravitational pull can bring in a comet that's 6 million miles away? It would be interesting to know for sure...

No, it can't. Six million miles is over twenty times the distance to the Moon, so the perturbations (although measurable with accurate calculations) will not seriously affect the orbit.

I could simulate the difference between the perturbed and unperturbed orbits on my PC (using a superb piece of software called Dance of the Planets), but I can't be bothered

[edit on 4-12-2006 by Mogget]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ok, lets have a scenario here (it's been going through my mind since I read this thread)...

This comet at its closest point will be no closer that 0.06AU from Earth...1AU= 149 million kilometres / 93million miles (same distance as Sun-Earth).

0.06AU is therefore just short of 9 million km (6 million miles).

Pretty close, but safe enough that nothing nasty is gonna happen.

Now then - lets say that the US Government (who else?!!) would like to test the effect of nukes on a comets' trajectory and see how far they can push it away from Earth.

Seeing as this comet will come pretty close to Earth, they have a 4 day window where the the comet is gonna be at its closest (seeing at its traveling at around 100kmp/h). This would be an ideal experiment for the powers that be.

What would happen if it all went tits up? And the comet changed it's course and headed straight for us?

Or if it pushed the comet out of it's current orbit, only for it to settle into a new orbit and return on a direct course within the next year (2012 anybody?).

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in as a possibility.

Another note: When I googled 'Comet Honda 2011' - one of the entries was the following:

Comet Fact Sheet
Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova - Originally planned target of Sakigake flyby at 10000 km ... Originally scheduled to be visited by the ESA Rosetta mission in 2011. ...
www.spds.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/cometfact.html - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

- The link is dead, but it looks like the ESA (not NASA!) is gonna take a closer look on the comet flyby...this is more likely just for a closer look to see what comets are composed of - but what if the probe had a 'plan B' ulterior motive? What if the rosetta is one big floating nuke (with a few sensors built on for scientific studies) waiting to drop its payload on a comet in an attempt to throw one off course?

What if it was designed as some sort of 'safeguard' rather than it just being a probe?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
EDITED.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by Mogget]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well no matter what happens you can be sure of one thing ...

... it's a Honda!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If the Honda Comet hits the water the last thing I want to see is a 300 foot wall of water headed right at me with killers whales and great whites looking at me like a delicious morsel of yummy goodness.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgansolutions
Ok, lets have a scenario here (it's been going through my mind since I read this thread)...
Now then - lets say that the US Government (who else?!!) would like to test the effect of nukes on a comets' trajectory and see how far they can push it away from Earth.

They probably wouldn't use a nuke. Most scientists are recommending simply placing a spacecraft next to the comet. The gravitational force from the space craft would gently nudge the comet to a wider "miss". And yes, that really would work.

Seeing as this comet will come pretty close to Earth, they have a 4 day window where the the comet is gonna be at its closest (seeing at its traveling at around 100kmp/h). This would be an ideal experiment for the powers that be.

Wrong time to do something risky like exploding a comet. You want to do any actions when it's far away from Earth because you can then change what happens or modify plans.

Remember, they crashed a probe into a comet (deliberately) 2 years ago and they already know what a crash does.

Or if it pushed the comet out of it's current orbit, only for it to settle into a new orbit and return on a direct course within the next year (2012 anybody?).

If it was changed that much, it'd just end up in the sun.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
...like to break this one out every couple of weeks. The thing ain't changing much, still that same impact. Some MAYANS think that's the end of time shot.

Watching it again, no, not much hope of survival.

Also, around Nov/Dec (this year!) a pretty close pass. Maybe this is what
the other 2007 post could refer to.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey, also, does anyone know how to / can freeze frame 2 shots, 1. of the Dec. passby in this year. 2. right before impact of 2011. This could be 'it' IMO - wanna do some 'last days' flyers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join