It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet 'Honda' to Impact Earth August 2011!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow, I was on the Solar System Viewer, looking at the different orbits and paths of all known comets when I got to August of 2011 and to my surprise i see the comet known as "Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova " fly what looks like into earth around the 21-22 of August 2011.Here you can view that yourselves.

janus.astro.umd.edu...

Just click on comets and see for yourselves. If that is the case, that means we have 4 1/2 years to do something about it. What are we doing, does anyone more informed know? it seems after reviewing that it's gonna happen on Aug,14th 2011.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Conluceo]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
cool site. Thanks for posting it. Some other comets seem to pass by the planets through the years. I think that perhaps if you had a 3D model you'd see that this was not crashing into us but just passing nearby.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
cool site. Thanks for posting it. Some other comets seem to pass by the planets through the years. I think that perhaps if you had a 3D model you'd see that this was not crashing into us but just passing nearby.

I hope so, but it seems like it's going to be at it's closest according to this site.

cometography.com...

I wonder if the Government would tell the people?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A comet can strike at any moment. Maybe one did and hit us so hard and fast we dont even realize were dead

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
A comet can strike at any moment. Maybe one did and hit us so hard and fast we dont even realize were dead

Wow Imagine?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

that's not possible. i'm still paying quarterly taxes.
cool site.
-b

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A japanese man by the name of Kazuo Kino#a has estimated that it will pass at 0.1 A.U on August 15th 2011, does anyone know what A.U stands for? forgive my ignorance.

www.aerith.net...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
anybody know how big this comet is and how much damage it might do if a collision does occur?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
interesting. apparently it's going to be 0.06 AU from Earth on 2011 August 15.
good find.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo
A japanese man by the name of Kazuo Kino#a has estimated that it will pass at 0.1 A.U on August 15th 2011, does anyone know what A.U stands for? forgive my ignorance.

www.aerith.net...

A.U.= Astronomic unit, if i remember well my school times, one A.U. is the average distance from the sun to earth. i don't remember the exact number of Km.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So if it is for sure that it will hit, will there be marshall law? Or is it everyman forhimself?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

www.aerith.net...

A.U. means astronomical unit I think.

www.open2.net...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Maybe one did and hit us so hard and fast we dont even realize were dead

Sometimes I think about that...

Many ghosts don't know they are dead. They are just continuing on with life and seeing what they want to see. I look around sometimes and wonder if I'm really dead and just living out a ghostly existance ....

Seriously, it does cross my mind sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis

www.aerith.net...

A.U.= Astronomic unit, if i remember well my school times, one A.U. is the average distance from the sun to earth. i don't remember the exact number of Km.

thank you for that.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think that a distance of 0.1 A.U is actually 9.3million miles

That's using this sites calculations:

www.windows.ucar.edu...=/kids_space/distance.html

That's quite a distance...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
I think that a distance of 0.1 A.U is actually 9.3million miles

That's using this sites calculations:

www.windows.ucar.edu...=/kids_space/distance.html

That's quite a distance...

I read that it was gonna be 6 million miles, but still, i mean any chance of deviation?

Incredibly looking up info on this comet, I happenned to see that they also found that a comet collision with earth will happen in 2011 in the Bible Code.

www.exodus2006.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Incredibly looking up info on this comet, I happenned to see that they also found that a comet collision with earth will happen in 2011 in the Bible Code.

www.exodus2006.com...

yeah yeah, it's all gonna happen in 2011. Bible code shmible code.

However, according to this very popular site:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

there's a much closer approach expected on the 1st of february 2007.

it's measured at 0.0139 A.U. which, according to my calculations, is only a meagre 1.3 million miles from the earth...scary.

Deviation is always possible. Deviation is what makes stuff interesting.

Oh yeah and there's another slightly close approach expected within the next few days. About 1.9 million miles distance.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

it's measured at 0.0139 A.U. which, according to my calculations, is only a meagre 1.3 million miles from the earth...scary.

marking calendar!

thanks for the near info.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
read my signature people....Oct 28th...2011.....

Get ready for three days and nights of red skys, and hope this doesn't decide to lay the slap down on us all...

The Hopi Indians sure are an interesting peoples.. a great comet, 3 days and nights of red skies in which man reverts back to savagery...

Uhh Ohh....

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

www.exodus2006.com...

yeah yeah, it's all gonna happen in 2011. Bible code shmible code.

However, according to this very popular site:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Deviation is always possible. Deviation is what makes stuff interesting.

Oh yeah and there's another slightly close approach expected within the next few days. About 1.9 million miles distance.

Yeah, didn't mean to make you do this
about the bible code bit.

An asteroid coming that close to earth on Feb,1st 2007 ?

what preparations are in place at this moment in case of?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join