It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phenominal Loops of Sun Plasma Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Caught this off a link from Slashdot. It's some really neat video of some plasma loops bursting from the sun.

What I thought was the coolest is how you can see them actually get sucked back in by the gravity of the sun. I'm not sure of the scale here, so I don't know of big the loops are, but I thought it was just beautiful nonetheless.

Click here for the video

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ooh, here's another cool video of what appears to be some sort of electrical storm on the sun...

Lighting sparks? video

I'm niave to how the sun works and all, so I don't know what this actually is, but it sure is pretty.

If you cant to see the directory of all the movies, here's the link...some interesting anamatics in there about the deployment of the telescope used to shoot this stuff as well as it's orbit around the earth.

solarb.msfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That was so cool...
did you notice that little red dot that doesnt move in the video? what was that? a speck on the lens? Awesome find there The Big O I love looking at solar flares they are a beautiful sight kinda like looking at a lava lamp but on a massive scale.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yeah, lava lamp indeed.

I'm still amazed every time I realize that my life is actually here because there is literally some giant fireball out in space giving me warmth.

If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think that was just crazy.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That is one of the coolest things my eye has ever looked at! It appears as an act of ultimate creation. The bright light spots that emanate from the surface are extrordinary. Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join