It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Strange rays coming out of Mt. Shasta, CA

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
pictures


didn't know where to post this.. so I've put it in here.

strange thing


maybe Mt. Shasta holds various secrets.




posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
God that's a crappy photo. It could be anything. Car headlights, who knows. This site is full of bad photos like that where people imagine all sorts of things. It actualy shows nothing but a low quality photo of some mountains in thebackground and an over exposed light source in the middle. Could be anything and most likely is nothing special at all. You can see thousands of photos just like that at any Walmart devloping center where tourists take their bad vacation photos. Why is it that there never are any quality photos of supra normal events? There are millions of cameras world wide yet no one ever seems to catch ET yet everyone catches their aunt matilda tripping over the dog and then sends it into Americas most funniest videos.


"Any photo requiring equal parts interpretation and imagination (photos sometimes characterized as ‘blobsquatches’) should be discounted."*



posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have reason to believe that something major is going on at Mt. Shasta. Years ago I found myself in a situation where people were gathered to discuss certain updates including a meeting at Mt. Shasta. In relation to this place statements such as "when the snake calls, we respond" and similar statements. I really don't want to go into too many details, because of old fear issues regarding the occurance. Just trust my speaking on this matter that Mt. Shasta is of utmost importance to those who may not wish well to humanity.

I expect critisism for this elusive post, but whatever. I simply want to add to this post by acknowledging prior 20 yr old references indicating this place to be spiritually very important.

There were lots of important "suits" gathered in San Francisco to discuss this issue in a group setting. I was taken there under one premis and found myself tricked when I arrived it was the opposite of what had been implicated.


Lug

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mt Shasta has a lot of interesting stories attached to it. Le Murian's being the most common thing you can find Googling it.

But, I did find this wacky story...


www.siskiyous.edu...

...Dr. Edgar Lucin Larkin of the Mt. Lowe Observatory saw a strange phenomenon with his telescope. He was searching for an object on the earth, the distance from which was known, by which to calibrate his instrument. In looking through the telescope, supposedly placed parallel to the earth’s surface, he finally brought Mount Shasta into range. Around the foothills of the mountain and at about 30 miles from the mountain Dr. Larkin reported seeing a shining metal object, which, on focussing, turned out to be a massive oriental temple. At a later date, in order to check these observations, Dr. Larkin saw a number of shining white marble temples in Greek style. At night he could see lights in the vicinity


At least it goes along with the 'rays' on the photographs.



posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Just trust my speaking on this matter that Mt. Shasta is of utmost importance to those who may not wish well to humanity.



Ha Ha I am quoting myself.

I need to clarify the above statement. I do not know for certain what motivations the people I spoke of earlier have. I can only speak from my reference point of them using deceit to engage me in the situation and of my intuition which I trust very much, to guide me to a conclusion.

I liked the story you linked us to, Lug. I just get a funny feeling in my stomach these days. Is the veil thinning to such a degree?

Why don't I remember not to post when I am feeling intuitional and not factual. Is to Deny Ignorance also to deny intuition?



posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Mt Shasta is open to the public. It is all public land and thousands of people hike and camp in the area and on the mountain every year. There are roads all around the base, including an interstate highway with millions of passing vehicles every year. Several communities around the mountain with thousands of year around residents. Various seismic and geologic sensors all over the mountain.

Yet no one has ever seen, photographed, or obtained a single item of evidence that there is something 'secret' inside the mountain.

It is an active volcano, nothing more. For some psychological reason people just automatically assign mystical powers to volcanoes.

The local chambers of commerce tongue-in-cheek acknowledge the stories of secret UFO bases as a tourist draw, but no rational intelligent person tales them seriously.



posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
interestedalways,

What are you doing? Why even bother to post if you are not going to elaborate?

You actually lose credibility with posts like that. I'm not trying to be harsh but come on Dude! Why should we even give you the time of day?



posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
interestedalways,

What are you doing? Why even bother to post if you are not going to elaborate?

You actually lose credibility with posts like that. I'm not trying to be harsh but come on Dude! Why should we even give you the time of day?


I honestly don't care if you give me the time of day or not. I was sharing some of an experience I had. I conveyed what I felt to be the jest of the occurance, IMO. Take it or leave it. It is just another grain of sand on the beach.



posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There are too many grains and not enough agglomerations. I should have just passed by because I knew what your response would be.

I am not trying to offend you but your posts are like gut-shot straights. Kind of like a piñata with no candy inside.

If you can hold attention without actually saying anything then more power to you!

Please, carry on and I will do the same in a different thread.

Be Well!



posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lug
Mt Shasta has a lot of interesting stories attached to it. Le Murian's being the most common thing you can find Googling it.

But, I did find this wacky story...


www.siskiyous.edu...

...Dr. Edgar Lucin Larkin of the Mt. Lowe Observatory saw a strange phenomenon with his telescope. He was searching for an object on the earth, the distance from which was known, by which to calibrate his instrument. In looking through the telescope, supposedly placed parallel to the earth’s surface, he finally brought Mount Shasta into range. Around the foothills of the mountain and at about 30 miles from the mountain Dr. Larkin reported seeing a shining metal object, which, on focussing, turned out to be a massive oriental temple. At a later date, in order to check these observations, Dr. Larkin saw a number of shining white marble temples in Greek style. At night he could see lights in the vicinity


At least it goes along with the 'rays' on the photographs.


What the author of this article was doing was debunking the claims of Dr. Edgar Lucin Larkin. He had claimed he observed Mount Shasta from an observatory on Mt. Lowe. He later explained how these two mountains are 800 miles apart and are below the horizon of each other. You cannot see one of these mountains when standing on the summit of either of them.

ARTICLE

For those of my readers who are interested, I shall now try to debunk this story. Mt. Lowe, back of Los Angeles, is approximately 800 miles, as the crow flies, south of Mount Shasta. The earth’s surface curves as one would expect if one recognized the earth as a nearly spherical object. The latest list of observatories and astronomers in the world does not mention the existence of a Mt. Lowe Observatory, or of a Dr. Edgar Lucin Larkin, and it does mention some very inconspicuous persons and institutions. Mount Shasta is 14,161 feet above sea level at the summit. Mt. Lowe is about one mile, not more than 5500 feet, above sea level.



Dr. Lewy found, by good geometrical procedure, that one could see 125 miles (approximately) from the summit of Mount Shasta to the horizon. From the summit of a mountain a mile high one could see the horizon at a distance of 89 miles away. Thus Mt. Lowe would have to be 214 miles from Mt. Shasta in order for a person standing on the summit of either to see even the top of the other—and Mt. Lowe is 800 miles away.



Using the last set of figures, the farthest Mt. Lowe could be, in a straight line, from Mt. Shasta would be 240 miles in order that the summit of one could be seen from the summit of the other. Nothing has yet been said about the foothills, which would be covered up by intervening hills from the observer’s view even should the earth be proved flat. However, we leave to the judgment of the reader conclusions as to the validity of this story which sounds to us more like an opium dream.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
There are too many grains and not enough agglomerations. I should have just passed by because I knew what your response would be.

I am not trying to offend you but your posts are like gut-shot straights. Kind of like a piñata with no candy inside.

If you can hold attention without actually saying anything then more power to you!

Please, carry on and I will do the same in a different thread.

Be Well!


To be honest in this particular case I have reasons to believe that to reveal too much could place me in the path of scrutiny by persons or organizations that could be harmful too me. Since I have begun posting on ATS I have learned some things. If you were to look back at some of my beginning posts on this website I told everything from the heart and without editing. For one, those happenings were never actually responded too, just overlooked. Things I considered important and worthy of exploration. For two, everyone who cruises around here aren't of high ethics.

I was exposed to something I shouldn't have been in San Francisco in the eighties. Mt. Shasta and a radio station in Southern California which was said to be set to send out sublimanals were both discussed at this gathering. I left and had some really nasty after effects for a bit. I only reopened the subject to validate that to some people Mt. Shasta is an important place.

Fear.. Understand? I am scared to tell anymore. Somethings are better left alone and I feel your motives for attempting to play on my emotions to have me reveal more is not that nice of you.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It looks more like someone took a picture of the mountain through a window and forgot to turn off the flash.

Sorry for the one liner but I think that explains it.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There has been much speculation about Mount Shasta over the years, To be honest,I don't know too much about it; although it has come up a couple of times in some of the things that I have read. I know that at one time it was believed that there was some sort of "secret" society which had meetings there.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I know that at one time it was believed that there was some sort of "secret" society which had meetings there.


Of that you can be sure, Speaker of Truth. This is what I am alluding too in my post. Although a person's experience is only as valid as any experience is when I found myself at a meeting of minds they spoke alot about going to Mt. Shasta and it was used in reference to the "Snake calling"



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, the whole "snake calling" bit seems rather odd. There are sects within the Christian faith that "charm snakes." They call them "snake handlers" or something of that nature. I just wonder if it can somehow be related to that.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Probably not a Christian group. Wouldn't be talking about the subliminals on Dad's TV station about to be a go. Also there was an issue of a "Father" who wouldn't be named when I asked about the "Father's" identity.

The thing that was odd is that there were actually two gatherings taking place at the same time, one upstairs and predominantly men in black (yeah, black) suits. The downstairs entry to the same building was being entered by a stream of hippies, one girl I even recognized from the Haight Ashbury area.

I went there under the presumption of a battle of Light to take place in relation to a possible child who had been born and the powers that didn't want his birth known versus the powers that were out to protect him.

Anyway when I got there it was nothing about that it was all this background talk as I mentioned above being the message. The group was going to leave and go somewhere else and my instincts told me to leave, which I did.

OK, there................. Maybe not too convincing about Mt. Shasta and some lights coming from that location, but a memory grooved in my mind that it is associated with secret goings on.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This supposed 'gathering' happened in San Francisco? That explains a lot right there.
That city has raised whacked-out drug fantasies to an art form...

There are a handful of hippie-type shop owners in McCloud, Mt Shasta, and Weed that sell candles and sacred herbs to the tourists. Even selling books on the 'mystical consciousness of the Lemurians', etc. In the end even they have a vested financial interest in keeping the wild stories alive. All the more power to them. I see nothing wrong with making a profit from the gullible and naive.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" is a motto that serves many small communities well -- Mt Shasta CA, Dulce NM, Sedona AZ, et al.



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
"A fool and his money are soon parted" is a motto that serves many small communities well -- Mt Shasta CA, Dulce NM, Sedona AZ, et al.


And that is an opinion...



posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
This supposed 'gathering' happened in San Francisco? That explains a lot right there.
That city has raised whacked-out drug fantasies to an art form...

There are a handful of hippie-type shop owners in McCloud, Mt Shasta, and Weed that sell candles and sacred herbs to the tourists. Even selling books on the 'mystical consciousness of the Lemurians', etc. In the end even they have a vested financial interest in keeping the wild stories alive. All the more power to them. I see nothing wrong with making a profit from the gullible and naive.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" is a motto that serves many small communities well -- Mt Shasta CA, Dulce NM, Sedona AZ, et al.



Firstly it wasn't a "supposed" gathering. I don't waste my time telling make believe stories on websites.

Secondly, it wasn't a "whacked out drug fantasy" (although I am familiar with such)

And lastly the hippies selling candles do make for a nice cover of niavete' and gullability, don't they.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

pictures


didn't know where to post this.. so I've put it in here.

strange thing


maybe Mt. Shasta holds various secrets.


Let me take a guess, it was UV light generated by an object.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join