It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The soldier of the future!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
Anyone know anything about the British "F.I.S.T" future soldier program? I can't find much on it.

Heres some links that have some info about the "FIST"

www.defense-update.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.army-technology.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Heres some more info on the future soldier.

www.natick.army.mil...

This is what they are shooting for in 2010. A visor (which is a built in computer screen that does numerous things) flips securely in and out of the soldiers helmet.

[edit on 093131p://666 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Todays soldier wears gear that adds up to a whopping 97lbs. While the OJFW will only weigh 50 lbs. Check out the graph below.

[edit on 103131p://666 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is a very interesting subject to say the least, the fact that
the goverment has come out into the open about possibly replacing
the average soldiers armour and so forth worries me that realisticly
because of the fact the US keeps its top secret technology at least
50y ears beyond the public sector then how trully advanced is the
US goverment?

Alredy admiting that there will be nanotechonology by 2025 is a big
step for the goverment to take, i dont believe they will be able to meet
the requirements to replace EVERY soldier out there with liquid armour etc.

America wouldnt waste the cost of producing this armour type for your
average soldiers life, unless it was 100% that it would see profit back in
some method (most likely by how long the soldier serves in the
army) and yet these suits are openly being talked about within the US.

Bold step to say the least dont you agree?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The US Army has finalized plans to cut or delay multiple Programs, among that they want to kill the Land Warrior. :

Boeing System Delayed, 11 Others Killed in Proposed Army Budget

By Tony Capaccio

Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Boeing Co.'s program to build a new family of computer-networked armored vehicles and drones would be delayed and 11 other programs terminated in the U.S. Army's new six-year budget plan, according to service documents.

Of the 11 programs killed, the most noteworthy is the General Dynamics ``Land Warrior.''

The $4 billion program, started in 2002, aims to equip soldiers with uniform- and helmet-mounted electronics that enhance communications so troops' whereabouts are always known to headquarters and other battlefield locations. Congress has approved spending about $600 million on the program to date.

www.bloomberg.com...

Well, that more or less automatically means also to postpone/kill the Objective and Future Force Warrior in their current shape, since the Landwarrior system was a vital testing ground as well; and all three programs were intended to work together with the Future Combat system, that apparently is also planned to be postponed.

Originally posted by semperfoo
Todays soldier wears gear that adds up to a whopping 97lbs. While the OJFW will only weigh 50 lbs. Check out the graph below.

sistemadearmas.sites.uol.com.br...

The OFW graph lacks at least 10 lbs. of supplies like food and water (the orange column), if my "portuguese" doesnt fail me. Well, the OFW plan incorporates a "robotic mule" to carry such supplies, but I guess we all know how likely that mule is to come to reality until 2010

[edit on 10/12/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ima gorna get me one of those fancy pancy suits
then ima gorna go out on the town
Imagine how many hot babes i could pick up with that thing??
yep, Omega85 is gettin is his hummer and going to score,
Giggidy!!
allriiight

x08

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I remember seeing that 'hardening nano-material' on discovery channel before... there was some company that makes ski-suits using it to help protect skiers from falls~

the camera/display chameleon effect has been around for ages, well over 5 years... i'm sure there's been a lot of improvements in that time...

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Does that quadruple barrel pistol incorporate metal storm technology?

And also, I'm sure the design will change a little over the period of time before it comes out.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by Lonestar24
The US Army has finalized plans to cut or delay multiple Programs, among that they want to kill the Land Warrior. :

Boeing System Delayed, 11 Others Killed in Proposed Army Budget

By Tony Capaccio

Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Boeing Co.'s program to build a new family of computer-networked armored vehicles and drones would be delayed and 11 other programs terminated in the U.S. Army's new six-year budget plan, according to service documents.

Of the 11 programs killed, the most noteworthy is the General Dynamics ``Land Warrior.''

The $4 billion program, started in 2002, aims to equip soldiers with uniform- and helmet-mounted electronics that enhance communications so troops' whereabouts are always known to headquarters and other battlefield locations. Congress has approved spending about $600 million on the program to date.

www.bloomberg.com...

Well, that more or less automatically means also to postpone/kill the Objective and Future Force Warrior in their current shape, since the Landwarrior system was a vital testing ground as well; and all three programs were intended to work together with the Future Combat system, that apparently is also planned to be postponed.

I, to this day cant find anything over the net that says the OJFW or any other landwarrior type system as been cancled. So until I see something that indicates it has been postponed or cancled Im going with the status qou.

There will be a distinct difference between the soldiers we field today and the ones we will be fielding in 2015-2020. So if anything a postpone would be the more likely scenario. But not cancled.

The OFW graph lacks at least 10 lbs. of supplies like food and water (the orange column), if my "portuguese" doesnt fail me. Well, the OFW plan incorporates a "robotic mule" to carry such supplies, but I guess we all know how likely that mule is to come to reality until 2010

You do know that by 2010 the 'mule' could be reality. Technology is supposed to advance rather rapidly in the coming years. Its not to far off as one might think.

And the graph I posted just showed the weight. It didnt distinguish the difference between the weight with supplies like you mentioned above and without supplys. So I really dont know how you would know what the graph meant.

[edit on 093131p://444 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Does that quadruple barrel pistol incorporate metal storm technology?

And also, I'm sure the design will change a little over the period of time before it comes out.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by wildcat]

Good point. It sorta has that metal strom esque to it.

Yea your right about the design changing. The future soldier, just like its name indicates, is a distant future concept. It will incoporate alot of the same technologys that you read about today, but will more then likely have other technologies that would have matured by 2020 that werent concepts back in 2006 or certainly werent deemed as possible back then. What you see now wont be what you see by 2020.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this suit will be a big improvement but i am wondering how emp will shut it down
and in 2010 the weapons can evolve to.
so its safe to say this suit could be obs elite if they find a forced emp force emiter

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by syress
this suit will be a big improvement but i am wondering how emp will shut it down
so its safe to say this suit could be obs elite if they find a forced emp force emiter

Technology is supposed to advance rather rapidly over the coming years. The real noticeable affects of nanotechnology is anticipated to come out in 2015 with its full maturation being 2020-2025. So its not a matter of rather or not the technology will be there. Because clearly it will be.

And EMP? you mean Electromagnetic pulse?
What about optical circuits? EMP doesnt affect optics.. The battery would be fried, sure, but the circuits could remain intact. Plus, how common are EMPs? You're gonna use one BOMB/EMP on a single soldier or small squad, and not even kill them... But still, good question. Im sure the army has the answer to it. Atleast I would hope so...

Here is some more info about the FFW from wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...

Heres a blog about the FFW.
www.shortnews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damaskinos101
This is a very interesting subject to say the least, the fact that
the goverment has come out into the open about possibly replacing
the average soldiers armour and so forth worries me that realisticly
because of the fact the US keeps its top secret technology at least
50y ears beyond the public sector then how trully advanced is the
US goverment?

Alredy admiting that there will be nanotechonology by 2025 is a big
step for the goverment to take, i dont believe they will be able to meet
the requirements to replace EVERY soldier out there with liquid armour etc.

America wouldnt waste the cost of producing this armour type for your
average soldiers life, unless it was 100% that it would see profit back in
some method (most likely by how long the soldier serves in the
army) and yet these suits are openly being talked about within the US.

Bold step to say the least dont you agree?

you know thats a really #ing good point. Cheers, you made me go into deep thought about this.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
with all these chemical trails and talk about nano technology makes me wonder if were already in a nano war i guess its all about parnoia to think its happening now water supply attaks ect

any way alll these electronic techs that are being planed are pritty funny because their electric if there is a future war with a countries with say with these sort of technologies it will end up sounding like a asian cartoon battle

maybeone of these ion gas projectial lasers for burning and shocking will be a polly morphic weapon with emp fibres than whats the rangewith out effecting yourself

maybe not but lasers might be more efficent in killing but were theres fingers and eyes the old pistol is surley reliable

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

Originally posted by syress

Technology is supposed to advance rather rapidly over the coming years. The real noticeable affects of nanotechnology is anticipated to come out in 2015 with its full maturation being 2020-2025. So its not a matter of rather or not the technology will be there. Because clearly it will be.

And EMP? you mean Electromagnetic pulse?
What about optical circuits? EMP doesnt affect optics.. The battery would be fried, sure, but the circuits could remain intact. Plus, how common are EMPs? You're gonna use one BOMB/EMP on a single soldier or small squad, and not even kill them... But still, good question. Im sure the army has the answer to it. Atleast I would hope so...

Here is some more info about the FFW from wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...

Heres a blog about the FFW.
www.shortnews.com...

Thank you for helping me understand because my thoughts were that emp killed of all forms of non organic life. But wouldn't the nanoites be affected bye the emp if they are in your system and that could result to death if they are keeping him/her alive?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
guess it wont be long then till then this happpens

should we start building up the rebel alliance?

i couldnt resist

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pffft bodrul thats nothing,

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
delta what game is that? i need to get it

for the 360?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
delta what game is that? i need to get it

for the 360?

I knew you like it, its for the PC version only. Based on what I have heard, neither PS3 or Xbox 360 can handle it. Its far too advanced as they say. They may create a slim down version of it for xbox 360 and ps3 for people who wants to play it on the consoles.

By the way you have to have a very powerful computer to handle this.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by deltaboy]

Forgot to add, its called Crysis. Look it up, people going crazy over it.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I knew you like it, its for the PC version only. Based on what I have heard, neither PS3 or Xbox 360 can handle it. Its far too advanced as they say. They may create a slim down version of it for xbox 360 and ps3 for people who wants to play it on the consoles.

come give the name
pretty please

i know my PC can handle it

sure 1GB and 512 Gforce + duel core can handle it

edit: thanks for the name
def going to buy it

[edit on 30-1-2007 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join