It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The soldier of the future!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A while back i came across some web sites that pertained to the atire of the future combat us soldier check it out, makes me wanna join up
members.cox.net...

www.military.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thats scarey. Thats what the police forces will be looking like too.

It's often been a dream but I want to believe that there is more to this world. Someday that star I'm looking at will be me looking bac.

Just imagine if there is indeed other civilizations out there ans as fmr Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer said a while back

"...The weaponization of space threatens intergalatic war with benevolent societies throughout the galaxy..." Hellyer.

Imagine what they're storm troops look like? Ever since star wars I've always been in love with the storm troopers. But only for good. Not bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sources.

a. Military.com -- Thorough site, though isn't meant as a serious reference, more of a 'Look At This Cool Stuff!'

b. Your other site was Highschool webpage.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Remember seeing this 5 yrs back in a scientific american magazine. Also has been getting a lot of attention lately on the discovery/military/science channels. Cool stuff really. Tom Clancy's Ghost recon games are based on near future military projects also.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I also remember Rumsfeld holding a press conference standing next to mock ups of the future soldier.

It's real and it's already here.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They are making F-15 with legs!!.

some of the technologys they are going to incoporate into these soldiers is simply amazing.
Heres some more info on it.

Foot soldier of the future

June 3 2003

The trooper of tomorrow will be a high-tech, hard-wired chameleon, report Garry Barker and Michael Regan.

The soldier who marches into battle 10 years from now will don a wired uniform capable of sealing wounds. Incorporating a massive array of technology, the lightweight kits will monitor vital signs, as well as stress levels, and have access to a huge network of powerful computers, satellites, unmanned planes and robotic ground vehicles.

He, or she, will also be able to see around corners.

The prototype uniform, or Scorpion Ensemble, is part of the US Defence Department's Future Combat System, on which the Pentagon plans to spend, initially, $US15 billion ($A23.06 billion).

The first battalions could be ready to begin trials of the system by 2010, US military planners say.

Weighing less than 23 kilograms, compared to a modern-day kit of 54 kilograms, the Scorpion undershirt is embedded with sensors to monitor heart rate, body temperature and respiration. Other features under development include built-in tourniquets to be tightened or loosened by remote control. The outer layer, or overall, will incorporate lightweight body armour and computer circuits to wire the soldier into the battlefield network. There will also be in-built reservoirs for water, ammunition and batteries.

The helmet will carry cutting-edge technology, including tiny, digital cameras to spot enemies in the dark or undergrowth. The images, sharper and clearer than from current night-sights, will appear on mini-screens attached to the helmets.

After the Iraq war, Defence Force chief Peter Cosgrove said Australian troops also must have an "information edge" in any future conflict.

"We've just seen 21st century warfare and we need to be able to do our part of that," General Cosgrove said.

Troops on patrol in Iraq could talk to fighter-bomber pilots and direct missile attacks, communicate over battlefield networks with their commanders, and use satellites to plot their positions. But the next generation of battlefield technology will go further. Troops fighting in urban arenas will be able to see inside buildings and around corners, while being themselves safer from attack.

Engineers in Melbourne are working on technology to allow divers to "see" mines and obstructions in silt-fogged water, and to allow soldiers to "see" through foliage, fog or dust and spot hidden enemies.

Other concepts being considered include chameleon-like camouflage cloth that changes appearance according to terrain. Some fabrics will be able to close their fibres to block out chemical agents or stiffen to form a splint or cast for a broken bone.

Robotic vehicles are also being developed to act as battlefield "mules" to haul supplies or heavy weapons.

All of this is in the future, according to General Cosgrove. "We've got to move from theory to innovating and implementation within a couple of years, and we shouldn't keep waiting for the next generation," he said.

Heres some other concepts for 2025.

Soldiers of the future will have superhuman strength thanks to the Exoskeleton!

The ISN wants to build, an ultra-light, ultra-strong and ultra-powerful exoskeleton. But the real super-soldier is far more than a human wearing an exoskeleton that imparts inhuman speed, strength and endurance. This nano-enabled exoskeleton will be made of molecular "smart materials" that also create the type of super-sensor powers.

Heres a good read. Its two pages. dir.salon.com...

[edit on 043131p://111 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Heres a pretty cool graph of exactly what nanotechnology can do for the human body.

gallery.battleangel.org... Click the picture to make it larger.

[edit on 063131p://111 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Cool, kinda makes me want to be a soldier, nah, not really.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
IED's seem to be the weapons of choice against U.S. troops. I wonder how far "liquid armor" would go in protecting soldiers from that type of weapon. To me, if the U.S. can defeat the IED's, then the insurgency and war in general would be over.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I heard the US is researching plasma weapons. Could that suit withstand a plasma attack? Isn't plasma is supposed to kill on direct contact (skin) no matter what?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, if the U.S. is the only country with both technologies, then the only thing they'd need to worry about would be "friendly fire" incidents.

Still interested in opinions regarding this technology vs. IED's.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
check out the short vid from youtube.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

When fully developed, this suit will make the American military practically unstoppable, and the “universal soldier” will be able to bring peace to the world

Hah as long as there are military advancements there will be no peace! I bet the military would be itching to use this in a war situation

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm glad this has been brought back to my attention, it's been dipping in and out of public view for a few years now.

In my eyes, this technology is dangerous, with the amount of power an individual would have wearing it, they could do something stupid.

But I guess only highly trained soldiers would have access to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"When fully developed, this suit will make the American military practically unstoppable, and the “universal soldier” will be able to bring peace to the world by eliminating terrorist cells and violent dictators."

Well woopidooo! The world will finally be safe!

And why do they ALWAYS look at new technology from a military point of view?
-What can we use this amazing technology for, I wonder?
-Better boms, and guns, and missiles, and armor and and and...

I always though Bill Hicks said it best when he said: What's the use of smart bombs when the president is an idiot? I mean, why don't they use all this fantastic energy to feed, cloth and educate the poor of the world? Imagine american fighter planes over Iraq shooting sandwiches and bananas down peoples throats.

Look, there's a starvin' child...
Lock on target...
Compensating for wind...
Bananas away!

But yeah, this will make war safe for you so go join the army!
Free the world!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Anyone know anything about the British "F.I.S.T" future soldier program? I can't find much on it.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is a lot of civilian technology that comes from military technology. We can take the same types of technology that makes the military stronger and convert it into something that makes the civilian world safer and more productive.

Here is a real question for you guys that im not sure about. When we were making nuclear weapons did we have nuclear power before that or did the idea of the weapon come first?

It would be possible for us to put all of our focus into making civilain advancements but then somebody who was focusing on military advancements would just come along and destory everything we were working on, then steal our civilain technology.

When we get to the point where we don't need to worry about other countries attacking us then we wont need to spend so much on the military/military advancements.

Styki

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
There is a lot of civilian technology that comes from military technology. We can take the same types of technology that makes the military stronger and convert it into something that makes the civilian world safer and more productive.

Here is a real question for you guys that im not sure about. When we were making nuclear weapons did we have nuclear power before that or did the idea of the weapon come first?

It would be possible for us to put all of our focus into making civilain advancements but then somebody who was focusing on military advancements would just come along and destory everything we were working on, then steal our civilain technology.

When we get to the point where we don't need to worry about other countries attacking us then we wont need to spend so much on the military/military advancements.

Styki

I saw a documentary about the h-bomb, and I remember one scene where I think Oppenheimer was looking at some calculations about this "splitting of the atom", and they asked what he thought. He simply said: a bomb! So I think the nuclear bomb came before the nuclear powerplant, but I haven't really researched it
It's late and I'm lazy...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary

Originally posted by Styki

I saw a documentary about the h-bomb, and I remember one scene where I think Oppenheimer was looking at some calculations about this "splitting of the atom", and they asked what he thought. He simply said: a bomb! So I think the nuclear bomb came before the nuclear powerplant, but I haven't really researched it
It's late and I'm lazy...

First, I have to say that Oppenheimer was not too important for nuclear technology on the technical level. Far more important were the contributions of several emigrated scientists, mostly Germans and Hungarian, and in specific the Italian Enrico Fermi. A funny sidenote is that Oppenheimer later in his life received the " Enrico-Fermi-Award" for his contributions.

----

Both in theory and practise the nuclear reactor came first, although both developments went hand in hand. After nuclear fission was proven in Germany in 1938, the Germans very quickly started a project to use this form of energy (the so-called "Uranprojekt").

Enrico Fermi said in a speech of 1954 that the first real talks on the American side about nuclear fission happened in 1939, and were focused on using the new procedure to produce electric current. Fermi also built the first working nuclear reactor, Chicago Pile 1, in 1942.

As we all know, the first fission bomb was not ready before 1945.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What's not to love about a strong, agile, buff soldier who prefers action to flapping their mouth to impress a woman?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join