It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Freemasonry not being taught in American History classes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Sure, there's plenty of secrets in Freemasonry, but it's no secret that this brotherhood has been and is still a big influence in building the foundations of The United States of America. From our founding fathers to the dollar bill, the Freemasonic mark is plain to see.

Exhibit Traces Influence of Freemasonry

Exhibit Traces Influence of Freemasonry

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 3:42 p.m. ET
May 18, 2005

WASHINGTON (AP)-- Some of the most famous buildings in Washington, including the White House, are deeply marked by Freemasonry, the brotherhood that goes back to the cathedral builders of the Middle Ages, says a new exhibit.

The Masonic Foundations of The United States

Historical evidence militates against the view that those who formulated the fundamental documents of American government were Christians. To the contrary, not a few who wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation and the U. S. Constitution were Deists, Theists and Freemasons.

Very interesting videos:

Freemason Council - Admition of Mason Rule in U.S.
youtube video

Corporate Logos And Freemasonry - Pt.1

Corporate Logos And Freemasonry - Pt.2

Corporate Logos And Freemasonry - Pt.3

So, what's the answer?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Because it is errelavant.

The freemason's created and create school curiculums.

I say this because im sure in America, Canada and definatley in Australia the freemason's have infiltraited that too.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Because it is errelavant.

The freemason's created and create school curiculums.

I say this because im sure in America, Canada and definatley in Australia the freemason's have infiltraited that too.

Irrelevant? Are you kidding me? Well, let's just take on one subject at a time. George Washington, our first president, Mason. You would think it would be mentioned in a history class in a school somewhere that he was part of a powerful "fraternity", but no. Why not? To say it is irrelevant is rather silly and shows that you either don't care or know very little to nothing about Freemasonry.

What's funny is that you mention how Freemason's have infiltratrated school curriculums in 3 countries and yet you come back saying it is irrelevant to discuss the history behind Freemasons within the classrooms.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by eudaimonia]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It was sarcasm...

It is irrelevant in a freemasons mind to instill masonic images in children and young adults they might actually get curious and cause some freemasons to have to answer some questions about there fraternal org.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
It was sarcasm...

It is irrelevant in a freemasons mind to instill masonic images in children and young adults they might actually get curious and cause some freemasons to have to answer some questions about there fraternal org.

Oh, sorry

Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken Freemasons are eager to answer questions about their "Charitable Fraternity" and welcome all with curious minds who want to know more about their philosophies on life.

Point is, Freemasons were/are a big part of American History. I want a Mason to explain to me why it isn't being talked about in schools across the nation, or even mentioned in any basic U.S. History book.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
they dont teach "freemason history" per say, but some teachers will toss out the fact that this person or that is also a freemason, and said teacher will usually give students the information needed to find out more about them. This is how i first learned about them.

but it isnt part of the standard curriculum because freemason history and american history are two different things.. despite what the nay-sayers will have you belive, men like washington and franklin dont do their part for their countries AS masons.. but rather simply as a patriotic citizen doing their part.

there was no decision as a masonic lodge to start a revolution against england.. it was just a few masons, along with a few sons of liberty who got together and said "This will not stand". there was no senior warden or past master who said "Ya know what, we need a revolution.. lets have a vote on that.. and Washington.. we're gonna make you be the general this time"

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Focusing on someone's membership in freemasonry is sort of like focusing on them being left-handed. Without some explanation of how it would be germaine to a discussion, why would it be of anything more than passing interest?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think we should really examine the importance of Freemasonry throughout American history. Just because a bunch of influential people are or were masons, it does not mean masonry itself is an important cornerstone of American life.

Many important people golf, hunt, fish, and go sailing. This does not mean our society is built on these leisure activities. The same can be said of masonry. Just because a lot of people were once masons, it does not mean masonry is all powerful.

Masonry has become more important in the lives of the average member, as the fraternity has become less influential and smaller. A hundred years ago, when Masonry had more members, many joined and participated just to keep up with the fashion. Being a Mason was less special and unique because many other people were.

Today, Masonry is not in fashion and the membership roles have dwindled. This makes being a Mason more special and unique to those who join. Furthermore, those that do join are mostly not half hearted members following fashion, but people who have a strong desire to join and participate.

It would inappropriate to compare whatever attitudes some influential person from 100 years ago had about freemasonry, to the attitudes the typical freemason has today. Today's freemasons are a proud group and have a high dedication to their club. Yesterday's masons were less so.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
While not in my earlier education, in my undergraduate career Masonry was discussed and in textbooks for my American AND European History classes. I agree with hotpink, it isn't easy to become a Mason, heck I found it down right a pain. But down the road I respect the effort and difficulty because it means alot to me now. At the same time, like I view George Washington, he was first and foremost a patriot who wanted to change the status quo for the better, then he was a Mason; I have never met a Mason who was not first and foremost an individual dedicated to his morality, Masonry is part of that, but it is only a part.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact the freemason's don't like advertise there existance like some fraternities do. They want people in the freemasons that are willing to seek and learn to become one, not just some average kid that hears about it and says "that's cool, let join". Like the old bumper sticker, ASK 1 2 B 1.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
While not in my earlier education, in my undergraduate career Masonry was discussed and in textbooks for my American AND European History classes. I agree with hotpink, it isn't easy to become a Mason, heck I found it down right a pain. But down the road I respect the effort and difficulty because it means alot to me now. At the same time, like I view George Washington, he was first and foremost a patriot who wanted to change the status quo for the better, then he was a Mason; I have never met a Mason who was not first and foremost an individual dedicated to his morality, Masonry is part of that, but it is only a part.

While we hate to label ourselves, it is fair to say we can use words to describe ourselves.. For example, I am a scientist, a student, a husband to be, a web surfer, an uncle, a jogger, an American, someone who had egg whites this morning etc. etc. etc. Some of those "labels" may be more important than others. For example, the label of "student" is more important to me than the label of "occasional cashew eater." Similarly, if we asked masons 100 years ago, and masons today to list and priortize and bunch of "labels" for themselves, we would most likely find that the masons of today would put the label of mason higher on their list, but both groups would still put labels other than "freemason" at the very top of their list.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Similarly, if we asked masons 100 years ago, and masons today to list and priortize and bunch of "labels" for themselves, we would most likely find that the masons of today would put the label of mason higher on their list, but both groups would still put labels other than "freemason" at the very top of their list.

You have voted hotpinkurinalmint for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Insightful and highly accurate. I would hazard a guess that most US freemasons would put such things as husband, parent, Christian and even American before freemason.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The answer is...

They don't want you/us/them to know what freemasonry is really about.

Keep this in mind:
It's useless to get in discussion about freemasonry with a freemason.
They are liars and manipulators. Even most of the freemasons members here try to deceive people who search for the truth.

Go look for yourself. It are always the same people debunking conspiracy theories when it comes to freemasonry. That's their job!!

By the way. thank you for this thread eudaimonia

As Salam Alaykum

[edit on 14-12-2006 by As Salam alaykum]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
they dont teach "freemason history" per say, but some teachers will toss out the fact that this person or that is also a freemason, and said teacher will usually give students the information needed to find out more about them. This is how i first learned about them.

A correction in your text:
they dont teach "freemason history" per say, but some teachers (freemasons) will toss out the fact that this person or that is also a freemason, and said teacher (freemason) will usually give students (the chosen ones) the information needed to find out more about them. This is how i (a freemason) first learned about them.

If you have the qualities you can join, secretly...

but it isnt part of the standard curriculum because freemason history and american history are two different things.. despite what the nay-sayers will have you belive, men like washington and franklin dont do their part for their countries AS masons.. but rather simply as a patriotic citizen doing their part.

Hahaha... You are so funny...
So many freemasons as president in history.
Masonic symbols in the streets of the capital and on the dollar bill.
(just as an example because there is so much)
And you dare to say these are two different things.
With the right words you can always twist the truth.

there was no decision as a masonic lodge to start a revolution against england.. it was just a few masons, along with a few sons of liberty who got together and said "This will not stand". there was no senior warden or past master who said "Ya know what, we need a revolution.. lets have a vote on that.. and Washington.. we're gonna make you be the general this time"

Thank you for your view and that of other masonic impostors.

People, it's RULE BY SECRECY!! for those who don't know yet..

As Salam alaykum

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by As Salam alaykum

Keep this in mind:
They are liars and manipulators. Even most of the freemasons members here try to deceive people who search for the truth.

Go look for yourself. It are always the same people debunking conspiracy theories when it comes to freemasonry. That's their job!!

Please don't feed the trolls.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Keep this in mind:

Please don't feed the trolls.

Please people don't waste your time on these debunkers.
They show up in every forum within minutes to dismiss anything that may even imply something bad about freemasons.

Go and see.. Wathever day or time they are always there to do their job.

Don't be deceived

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They are in politics, education and on this forum..

Doesn't matter how much they try to redicule this.
They try to manipulate our society in every way.

But the truth will come out..

And then maybe there will be equality.
Because that's not what freemasonry is about.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

And then maybe there will be equality.
Because that's not what freemasonry is about.

Plenty of equality in Isalm though...unless you are a woman, Christian, American, Jew, Buddist, Confucian, Hindu, Agnostic, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hahaha,

Why do people think I'm a muslim.. have a look at this please
en.wikipedia.org...

I have a lot of respect for muslims, as I have for christians, buddist and everyone else who loves their brothers and sisters. (with this I mean all humans, wathever nationality or religion.)

If you say there is no equality in islam..
You know notting about it. You're just reciting what you have heard.
Have you read the quran? Have you read about the live of Muhammed?
It's about the suppressed !!

To stay on topic:
Freemasonry is not only kept out of history classes in America.
Where I come from (Belgium) we didn't see anything about freemasons in history class.
Although there are also a lot of freemasons in politics and the media. For instance the board of our public television channel are all masons, just as a lot of famous so called trusty worth journalists. It's publicly known about a lot of politicians to.

It's all over the world. In every country there are lodges which keep the same kind of regulations, rituals and customs.
And they think they can keep it a secret in these times!!

Within a couple of years it will all be out in the open.
Nobody can stop that.

As Salam Alaykum

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Have you got any evidence to back this up, or do you just like to insult people who don't agree with your view of the world? I'd like to see an example of where I have lied on this forum, together with your reasoning as to why it is a lie.

I don't even expect you to try, but if you do I'll be here waiting for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join