It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tall Structure At Area 51 !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A tall new structure at the north end of Area 51 was taken by Trevor Paglen around August 26, 2006 from Tikaboo Peak. So we know that it was built between Sept. 28, 2005 and January 17, 2006. It appears to be a permanent structure, with no visible change between January and August 2006.

The new tower appears to be about 150 to 180 ft. tall.

The photograph unfortunately, cannot be reproduced here, as it is copyrighted material. However, you can click on the link below for the details.

Now what do you think is the purpose of this huge 18-storied tall structure? Is it some sort of a communication tower to maintain contact with devices far out in space? Hyper communications with reversed engineered UFOs? Radar array?

Here...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Or a launch tower... or perhaps a refinery. Its hard to tell, but I think its a launch tower. I could be wrong but suposedly arnt we already in contact with the ETs? seems like kind of a waste of energy to build a masive antena to communicate.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's not a refinery.

It is most definitely not a launch tower, based on its location and the fact that there is no associated launch pad structure. At any rate, you wouldn't place a launch pad in such close proximity to the main base cantonment area and delicate radar facilities.

The new tower is located on Water Tower Road, not far from the old water tower. It looks like a deep drilling rig. Perhaps they are drilling a new water well and need to go deeper than before to find good water.

Historically, water wells in the Groom Lake area have always been a problem. There may also be issues with radioactive contamination of the aquifers from underground nuclear testing at Yucca Flat. This could even be a test well.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have owned and operated a drilling company and in my opinion that isnt one. One reason is the booms are usually narrower at he top. I have never seen one like that before if it is a rig. its just to large. looks more like a permant structure to me. There would also be alot of additional equipment needed that you would easily see surrounding it if it was a 180' tall rig. Another thing, it would make more sence to me if the hole was drilled away from the base farter and the water piped in. A well that size would take maybe a year or so to complete and the distruption it would cause between the constant eqiupment moving around and ground shaking from the drilling just makes more sence to drill a little ways away. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Back in my fire acadamy days, we used towers like this for hose drying.

I doubt its a comm tower as satelite would be the method of choice rather than a point to point microwave one ayway.

Oil anyone?

Shadowhawk: The test well thought has me interested. Groom lake gets a presidential exemption each year for envirnomental standards. Maybe its gotten really bad and they are seeing how far damage has been done.

[edit on 12/3/06 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't know that sure looks like a launch tower like whatukno said, but it wouldn’t be prudent to put a launch pad in the middle of a communications array. My guess is a com tower like a cell tower with the antennas being inconspicuous. Could be more advanced communications that we are not used to.

Just my 2 pennys.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
[sarcasm]

it is a bulk liquids silo , to store blood for the evil reptilian overlords of A51 to drink

[/sacrasm]

and if you believe that , i have a bridge to sell you

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
[sarcasm]

it is a bulk liquids silo , to store blood for the evil reptilian overlords of A51 to drink

[/sacrasm]

and if you believe that , i have a bridge to sell you

*shakes head*

I believe that, but I wouldn't settle for anything less than the Moon!

top topics

join