It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A freemasons assault on the first amendment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.nysun.com...

Public Enemy number one. Newt Ginrich and Freemason.

Can't say that I'm surprised.

You know I don't support surrendering freedom for security and neither should you. It only gives you tyranny and the feeling of false security.

The whole war on terror thing is just a clever ploy to give the powers that be absolute power.

Apparently people don't care anymore. Because we said enough to giving people totalitarian power after the lessons learned from world war two.

Apparently we are progressing backwards in time.

The day that America actually becomes everything it once stood against will be quite the day to remember.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by jinsanity]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think we already know that what he's proposing wont silence
terrorists but american citizens. There is already enough technology for them to
listen into phone calls, put survelliance on internet use etc for people who they have
intelligence on.
They dont need to throw the baby out with bathwater or cut off our noses to spite to our face (do away with freedom of speech) just because they are getting too lazy to do the job that they are paid to do.
i.e keep an eye on others who wish to do harm.

I wonder if these changes to the first amendment came into affect, would you see a huge reduction in the numbers of government workers whose jobs it is to protect homeland security. I'd bet the answer would be NO. It seems they just want to kick back, work as little as possible and let the public pick up the slack in abolished rights.

If doing away with citizens rights is the only solution these bumble brains can come up with, they should all be sacked immediately and more lateral thinkers put at the helm.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Is Newt really a 33° mason?? A quick Google Search might suggest it.

However, if you look for any official Masonic sites in the search results, you will find…

Unsubstantiated claims for masonic membership are made for Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagon, Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich and Colin Powell although no masonic affiliation has ever been proven.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Texe Marrs?!? Not the best source.

I couldn’t help noticing what Mr. Gingrich mentions in the article you pointed to.

We should propose a Geneva Convention for fighting terrorism, which makes very clear that those who would fight outside the rules of law, those who would use weapons of mass destruction, and those who would target civilians are, in fact, subject to a totally different set of rules that allow us to protect civilization by defeating barbarism before it gains so much strength that it is truly horrendous.

www.nysun.com...

How could someone so high up in the US government be so unaware of what his own government has done????

[edit on 2/12/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Even if NG is a freemason, he would be undertaking this action as a politician and a private citizen. No freemason is allowed to get involved in politics in their capacity as a freemason, and freemasonry is well documented in non-involvement with political matters.

But people believe what they want to believe, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
you are not taking into accounts the irregular freemasonry which really is the rotten apple here, so even if hes not on the list of regular freemasons, he might as well be irregular one, which IMHO is far worse.

just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He didn't appear to hide his status when he and fellow Mason Dole gave Billy Graham that Congressional Medal.

Heres something even more interesting.

Clinton a Brother of Peace? www.longcounty.net...

Most-likely he is a mason and just hiding his status to avoid all the conspiratorial dialogue.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
He didn't appear to hide his status when he and fellow Mason Dole gave Billy Graham that Congressional Medal.

Neither Newt Gingrich nor Rev. Billy Graham have ever been Freemasons.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity

Two non-masons. What's your point?

Heres something even more interesting.

Unlikely

Clinton a Brother of Peace? www.longcounty.net...

Most-likely he is a mason and just hiding his status to avoid all the conspiratorial dialogue.

As has been discussed numerous times, and quite recently, Clinton is a DeMolay but not a freemason.

You are so full of disinfo you give great credence to the theory that the NWO are posting on this board fueling the anti-masonic conspiracies. It keeps people from seeing what they are really up to...

[edit on 12/2/06 by Trinityman]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I went to Newt's official web-site and have emailed numerous times. But he's never gotten back to me. All this talk about terrorism and all this stuff is beginning to tick me off. Secret meetings Bilderberger,Bohemian Grove, and Skull and Bones. This stuff has no business in a democratic enviroment. And taking away our rights. For what? A little security that doesn't exist in first place. I hope next election theirs a big upset. I hope we get a true red blooded American in the White House. To bad Jonny Cash never ran for office. Here's a line for the masons on the board. I'am not going to say weather I believe that Graham and Newt are masons yet. I just want to here from the mason perspective of this.
www.geocities.com...

www.cephasministry.com...
I'am not trying to start trouble on the board. I'am just trying to understand some of this. Okay?
Now I learned much from my college business law classes. If you print a lie about a person they can sue for libel. Right. So if all these lies that Newt isn't a mason and Graham is a mason. How come not either one has acted to say no or sued to say they are not? Very curious indeed. The people who were in attendance at Newt's little speech were in shock about what he said. Go check out his site and they have a article on it. It says what Newt really ment. But I don't think that helps. Why? Because it's clear to me what he really meant.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
I just want to here from the mason perspective of this.
www.geocities.com...

Sensationalist nonsense with the sole aim of undermining freemasony, or perhaps undermining Billy Graham, it's hard to tell with these liars.

We've already discussed that NG is not a freemason. I don't know whether the others noted in the caption are, or are not freemasons but it's massively irrelevant.

Why does it matter? Freemasonry is a fraternity, not in any way secret, which teaches its members to follow traditional christian morality and values. Why would Billy Graham have a problem with associating himself with it? Why do some people falsely claim others are 33 degree masons, which is a huge honor, and then pretend it's something bad?

Madness.

I'am not trying to start trouble on the board...

... but...

How come not either one has acted to say no or sued to say they are not?

The answer to your question is on the very same site - Billy Graham has confirmed he is not a freemason.

But of course, he could be lying, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Nope not saying he is lying at all. Good response. I'am not like many other people here Trin. I won't say or attack you if you don't think he's a mason. I do however have my doubts about Newt. Is it possible that he could be a mason and many masons not know it? Has that ever happend before? Were some one kept such a tight lid on it that when he did admit he was a mason many were shocked?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Nope not saying he is lying at all. Good response. I'am not like many other people here Trin. I won't say or attack you if you don't think he's a mason. I do however have my doubts about Newt. Is it possible that he could be a mason and many masons not know it? Has that ever happend before? Were some one kept such a tight lid on it that when he did admit he was a mason many were shocked?

This is working on the assumption that a freemason would have a reason to hide his membership, which doesn't really apply in the United States. Most freemasons are quite happy to be open about their membership, it is a matter of pride in the fraternity, for one thing.

Of course, someone could decide to keep their membership a secret, that's up to them. I can well imagine a freemason might not discuss his membership if he found out his boss had a belief that freemasons were irretrievably evil. In many parts of England freemasons are forced to stay quiet about their membership for fear of discrimination at work.

At the end of the day you can't categorically find out if someone is or isn't a mason as the Grand Lodge will not release names. That is because it is a private club.

I think it would be time well spent looking at the reasons why you want to know if someone is a freemason or not. Typically people believe freemasons assist each other over and above non-masons, and in democratically-elected politicians this is unacceptable. Indeed it would be - if it were true. Part of a freemason's obligation is not to break the law, and this includes the moral law as well as the civil law. Also, a freemason is only entreated to assist another as long as it doesn't put him into a difficult position himself. Both of these facts (and I would recommend a study of the obigations of a freemason if you are interested), together with the ongoing commitment to high standards and values, would mean that freemasons are more likely, not less likely to act with probity and honesty in public office.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

maybe they just consider the source and go on to more important things?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dark Lord

maybe they just consider the source and go on to more important things?

Yes, thats a good point and a lesson we could all learn sometimes

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No. In order to become a Mason, one has to apply to a Lodge, be elected, and receive the three degrees. Every regular Master Mason in good standing has a right to present. When famous people are initiated, passed, and raised, there is usually an extremely large attendance.

Also, Lodge membership is not secret. Masons identify themselves by their Lodge name and number, and our famous members do so publicly, especially in raising funds for Masonic charities.

There are several famous politicians in the US who are Masons (Bob Dole, Trent Lott, John Glenn, Fritz Hollings, etc.), but Gingrich is not one of them.

new topics

top topics

join