It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Wealthy never go to War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's the question for discussion. Why do some military fetishists have Avi's of Cheney? He never served for Vietnam. He dodged 5 times because he had other priorities.

Not only that you have naive takes on why this is a "just" war.
Jim Webb who served under "Reagan" and has the Silver Cross is telling you this war is a disaster and yet people just nod their head like bobble heads and say " The President knows about the military and war. Because he has a texan accent and I trust him. Does anyone have another mallet? I need to keep hitting myself in the head to be able to submit to this madness"

YOU can't afford this war anymore. We got damn s.u.v.s abandoned because they don't have a lug wrench to fix it. Equipment breaking down left and right. You can't possibly win because you don't have the military numbers to take over a freaking country. How hard can that be for armchair Patton's to comprehend? That took me 2 minutes, how about you?

I swear and I mean no disrespect when I say this. But I think alot prowar supporters suffer from House Slave Syndrome. We never have the discussion why these wealthy thugs never serve.

Instead it's a silent agreement but really it goes something like this.

"Yes Massa, I see da protester. I gets em. I won't go but I's a good house slave. "

Now I understand the fraction that serve and that's admirable. However it doesn't give you carte blanche to try to shout over those who are making a valid point. The wealthy need to experience this bloodshed and sacrifice or our young men and women will continued to be used as fodder for every occupation or military combat operation. That will continue to be a sad fact unless we address this. Can't you wrap your head around that? How hard is that to understand? And I'm talking to everyone who is on this "Islamofacism" bumper sticker mentality.

This is some serious House Slave mentality. When are we going to have this discussion? When are people going to wake up and stop and see the dire consequences of this occupation?

The fact that none of Bush or Cheney's siblings/family members aren't in this war is revealing enough. Yet we don't have this discussion. We got naive military men who get enraged over Kerry. Hey, I have an idea get enraged over Cheney's sick strategy for imperialism in the Middle east in return for our military to get depleted uranium,amputated,maimed,mental insanity,nightmares,gutting of the Veteran Budget and so forth. Get enraged over Bush's family and friends profiting over this war.

WHY can't we have that discussion in public ever?

Who cares about Kerry,Feingold,Murtha or what Charlie Rangel says. Wake Up. I care that war profiteers aren't on the battlefield transforming what our nation will become. I care that the PNAC crowd has never picked up a gun to get the "enemy" and so should all of you. My god, we should all be ashamed as a country we can never have this discussion openly nationally instead on a message board in a small corner of the world.

Will we ever have this discussion on national t.v.? And point out who is yelling the loudest for war has never put on a helmet in his life. All they do is surround themselves with Token Military mannequins and we can never have this discussion because people take the bait about Kerry and Sheehan. They miss the bigger picture.

Every class should be in this war if we are going to be on board. Just look at Cheney's Family, Bush's family and all the members of PNAC.

None of them will ever fight. Maybe a distant cousin will do k.p. duty.

Again, none of this is ever brought up. We need to find a way to open these channels and find out why the ones who shout the loudest display the least amount of action/sacrifice in this war.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
rich kids go to college, other kids serve. (that's not entirely true btw)

[edit on 21/12/2012 by zooplancton]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The rich and smart kids don't get phone calls to be recruited either. IMO

I think that they just figure that the kids with high gpa's or the kids who are wealthy just have a better placement in life, and they just want to give the unlucky people a last resort.

Again, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
When we had monarchy they did go to war although they did not necessarily fight in the front lines. But today's elites are the weakest spineless bunch that has probably ever been seen on the face of the earth. That is why the anti-Christ will arrive anytime.

JbT

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
(Not that Ive been to war) But its the simple fact that the military prays on people of the lower income simply because most others would rather go on to other options... the key word is options. Lower income people dont have many options, or so it seems to them.

Also, I mean. What rich dude would want their son/daughter to go and fight in a war and have a chance to die if you plan on having them carry on the family? Im sure in their mind they "would rather let the lower class do the dirty work".

Edit: Actually, lol, I think my Sig is fitting for this post. Pink Floyd ftw.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by JbT]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If you are poor you get free schooling in the military.
and perspective on a solid job.
Many go for that reason.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Both Sons of Prince Charles serve and are begging to go kick some Islamofascist butt, but there COs think its not such a good idea as it may make there fellow Soldiers at greater risk as Killing the Future King of England would be a good score for the Islamofascists, same could be said about the sons and daughters of Societys elite, the Bad guys would get alot of press by killing a "name".

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There have been quite a number of well-heeled veterans in our history including our many of our Founding Fathers.

I will provide this one example of one truly incredible human being who was rich, famous, and successful and who interrupted his career, not once, but twice to serve his country.

[Ted] Williams served as a US Marine pilot during both World War II and the Korean War, serving in the same unit (VMF-311) during both wars. During WWII he flew propeller driven (F4U Corsair) aircraft; after being recalled for active duty for Korea, he transitioned to jet (F9F Panther) aircraft. During the Korean War, John Glenn served in the same unit as Williams. While these absences, which took almost five years out of the heart of a great career, significantly limited his career totals, he never complained about the time devoted to military service.

en.wikipedia.org...

Google Search: Ted Williams

[edit on 2006/12/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Both Sons of Prince Charles serve and are begging to go kick some Islamofascist butt, but there COs think its not such a good idea as it may make there fellow Soldiers at greater risk as Killing the Future King of England would be a good score for the Islamofascists, same could be said about the sons and daughters of Societys elite, the Bad guys would get alot of press by killing a "name".

I was going to cite the Princes. William is not likely to see much active service, but Harry probably will. Prince Andrew (Charles Brother) served as a helicopter pilot for the Royal Navy in the Falklands War, so it is not unprecedented for Royals to serve in modern times. They used to do it all the time back in the day, although the last time a King led the army into battle was the 1700's, one of the King George's I believe.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Its the same for all species on this planet, bees never send the queen to fight.if you send all the brains to fight and they don`t come back alive the species will eventually die out.Look at American presidents that`s what happens when you have idiots running the country.Ok most middle class young white Americans may rant on here that US is so big and powerfull BLAH BLAH but that`s not down too there presidents is it.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
There have been quite a number of well-heeled veterans in our history including our many of our Founding Fathers.

I will provide this one example of one truly incredible human being who was rich, famous, and successful and who interrupted his career, not once, but twice to serve his country.

[Ted] Williams served as a US Marine pilot during both World War II and the Korean War, serving in the same unit (VMF-311) during both wars. During WWII he flew propeller driven (F4U Corsair) aircraft; after being recalled for active duty for Korea, he transitioned to jet (F9F Panther) aircraft. During the Korean War, John Glenn served in the same unit as Williams. While these absences, which took almost five years out of the heart of a great career, significantly limited his career totals, he never complained about the time devoted to military service.

en.wikipedia.org...

Google Search: Ted Williams

[edit on 2006/12/2 by GradyPhilpott]

You aren't answering my question with all due respect. Ted Williams is how many years ago? The last time I saw Ted Williams was on a cartoon called Futurama and he was a frozen head. There is a bigger picture in *ALL* of this.

If the exploitation of the lower class and you can profit from their bloodshed, we will always have mass corruption in a grand scale occupation combat. AND that's what Im getting at. By you naming Ted Williams you are proving a significant point. That serving has become less a priority for the most "patriotic" americans. For you to say Ted Williams, it's a sad commentary on our country. Count how many years ago that was.

The question is, Why are the american people afraid to have this discussion when it's the freaking elephant in the room. I know why the corporations are. But why can't we?

Bill Kristol was confronted at a lecture this year and asked why he didn't ever suit up for these "neccessary" wars. You could see the anger and tension in his face. He was revealed in one moment to be the fraud that PNAC is. If these guys won't fight then why should anyone? Hell, this is their grand messanic dystopia vision for the world. And they aren't even ridiculed for not going?

I'm not talking about Ted williams. Im talking about the pundits,the media junkit cabal who have the audacity to call someone yellow bellied when these buffoons are nowhere near the sands of Iraq or mountains of Afghanistan.

I will tell you why I will never serve in the military.

1) The control of the military industrial complex is at a fervent high like never before. These occupational wars have a possibility to be viral everywhere that is possible to do so.

2) The fact that media pundits and most of the pro war base who do not serve who believe that patriotism is supporting a war instead of supporting the soldiers well being is enough to make anyone be furious

3) This "Empire" needs to focus more on providing for itself than to spend hundreds of billions on defense that is over inflated and selling defense snake oil to the american people when we need to provide for better healthcare,housing,energy, etc for the American people.

4) I will never serve if War profiteers are exponetially involved and have a invisible heavy complicit hand in deciding whether I go to combat or not if the profit margins are not in the black.

5) I don't trust nor do I feel safe signing a contract to battle for dubious reasons in imperial conquests

Now why is that so hard to understand *that* is more patriotic than wearing a "Made in China" American flag shirt? Look up the definition it has NOTHING to do with what this administration is talking about in the War on Terror. None of those cheerleaders had dog tags on except Chuck Hagel and Mccain. Sad that no one confronts these other people at all. And they dare to call anyone who objects nonpatriotic? Are you freaking kidding me? This is the essence of patriotism. And people need to be schooled on what patriotism is defined as.

This is a pattern that people have lost the ability to understand rational thought at a alarming rate. It IS imperative to everyone in this country to discuss the "elephants" in the room.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The problem is not only the "elephants" as you put it but also their supposed "rival party" that kisses rear whenever no one is looking and does exactly as the other does behind closed doors. The two ruling parties are just one ruling party when you get down to it, and that is what counts.

top topics

join