It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Web-Designers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can clue me in as to the wage rates for amateur web-designers around your corner of the Earth. Specifically those that specialize in corporate web-sites.

Around where I'm from it's about RM1,000 (1 USD is about RM3.70). I'm just asking to get a rough idea of how the market is.

Thanks for your time.

-Beach

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It depends on how complex the page is, but I've done a few for about $50 a page. They had quite a bit of php in them which did drive up the price. Don't know if that helps any.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Any input is good

I mean after 10 days I'm happy with that one input. More would be better of course.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I do a little freelance web-design on the side every once in a while. My usual rate is for the entire site. I don't charge by the hour becuase I like to offer fair pricing to different individuals. The last page I did was for a local band, they didn't want anything fancy, just a basic info site. It ran for $350 USD. Check it out to get an idea....

Last To Act

[edit on 12-12-2006 by nyk537]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
well, i have some designs for purchase, (the shop is something that i am still not sure on :ham

they are more like portals than websites. though i can do entire sites, simple and with a fluid design is something easy. the prices on the 'portals' are something also in shadow as i have little to compare against.

well... www.mmdswild.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I did contractor work for a previous employer as a web developer for $25 per hour; that only lasted a little while before he took me on as an actual employee for about half that...

Aside from that, I did get one client when I tried to go off on my own. She brought her own design, so I ended up doing just programming work. I did the site for about $5K, and that was underpriced--I didn't find out until after we'd agreed to it that the development environment I had wouldn't work right with the server she'd signed up for (at my request, because I'd thought they'd be able to handle everything.)

Another company that I worked for recently had the their website redone by another developer; that guy was going to charge them about $175 per hour for some basic PHP work. I don't know how much he did the actual site for, but I don't expect it was at a similar rate.

top topics

join