It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI makes alien contact? Is this news brodcast real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Months ago I remember hearing Dr. Steven Greer say that SETI had recieved signals from extraterrestrials. He said that the government quickly covered the whole thing up by jaming the signals. He said that soon someone from SETI would speak out about the whole incident.

See the video of Dr. Greer and SETI

Now this might be a confirmation of what the good Dr. said. It is a news broadcast wich says that SETI admited that they did recieve ET signals. See Video

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They should come visit to see what´s wrong if they do not get a reply. Then again, someone probably will reply, but not on the record or before the media.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
would have been cool to have the rest of the video post.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Interesting I wonder where this was filmed? Was it a SETI@Home computer that had the batch? (please let it be mine) I imagine if they have "confirmation" of an actual recognisable singnal sent by an intelegent species from somewhere else besides Earth that might just be the irefutable proof that the world needs to unlock the floodgates of the hidden government archives.

SETI never has gotten a lot of media attention however it hasent gotten a lot of negitive attention eather. Perhaps something like this would wake up the entire world to the possibility of alien life. If its true then "first contact" may be just arround the corner. How fun would that be?

Course this probably would mean that the two people saying that they received a singal would probably be discredited and ousted from the scientific community (if they don't outright dissapear) and the government will probably issue warnings that SETI@Home is a malicious virus that will destroy everyones computer that has it on their hard drive.

Sigh Kind of like knocking your head up against a wall sure its fun but so pointless.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It pisses me off that the government, which I fully suspect would, keep an extra terrestrial signal under wraps. It would do exactly what they are afraid of, unify the human race and cause a revolution.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So what's the big deal? Aren't aliens here? I mean look at the zillions of photographs, and abductions and crop circles and Radar contacts and sightings by astronauts and so on. So what are we getting so excited about? A purported radio signal from 'aliens'?

*shrug*

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Is tthis actuall Confirmation we have made contact with ET, or recieved contact from ET? This is fantastic, should I spread the word??

7A

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
That video on youtube was posted in july of this year....
Wasnt there anymore follow up story?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Interesting I wonder where this was filmed? Was it a SETI@Home computer that had the batch? (please let it be mine)

Thats what I heard, and there was, at the time some media coverage as I remember yet it was pretty minimal and I havent heard anything else at all after.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is what the WOW signal would have looked like. If you have SETI@ home and you see this, you will probably also get a Boner

See signal

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have found some articles that might coraborate with the whole signal story. Take a look at these news articles. I have also uncovered the official debunk story too.

Read story

The always expected debunk follow up story

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey whatukno I too enjoy knocking my head up against the wall
great fun.

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
It pisses me off that the government, which I fully suspect would, keep an extra terrestrial signal under wraps. It would do exactly what they are afraid of, unify the human race and cause a revolution.

I doubt a signal would change the world and unify the human race
You would have a ton of people that would deny it outright as being false or a hoax just because alien exhistence doesnt fit their personal beliefs. It's just like Evolution, there is irrefutable evidence that evolution is real yet a ton of people deny that and don't find the evidence to be irrefutable. Same thing would happen with aliens. The only thing that would make people go crazy would be a ufo landing on the whitehouse lawn and even that wouldn't unite the world haha some people would say they are evil and some people would claim they are here to save us. Far from uniting.

my head hurts.

[edit on 12/2/2006 by JackJuice]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't suppose we have a powerful enough transmitter to beam a distress message back? That might bring them pretty quickly.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros
I don't suppose we have a powerful enough transmitter to beam a distress message back? That might bring them pretty quickly.

I wonder what the world would think if the signal we got was a TV signal similiar to our own and the society that sent it was also similiar to our own with all the same problems if not more so. Would that change how we see ourselves? I'm not sure why everytime someone mentions alien life that they assume they are always more advanced than us. I think we need to realize that no one is going to help us except ourselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
SETI recives exsterestrial signals every day! thats what there listening for. There just not created by inteligent creatures, more stars etc.

External human jamming is just interferance from the ground. This also happens all the time as humans tend to use radio rather alot.

He also contridicts himslef he referes to one source at the start and then two sources towards the end.

INcreasing in frequancy... erm well we have opened new radio telescopes ETC.

Can't anyone else see this guy is full of crap?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I had sent Mr Shostak of the SETI Institute and others a copy of an external post posted by an eagle-eye Lady last week which I had not viewed as fast as I should have. Which basically ( I'm no expert on this) showed declassified docs indicating many signals received from above by another organization many years ago.

Thumbs way up "SP".

Dallas

top topics

join