It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Ritual in Virginia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Doing searches on the web I've noticed that masoinc ritual appears to be different in different states. I have a friend going through right now. I'm curious to know what he has or is going though because he won't say a word.

I've done searches on the web for the virginia ritual, but I've found nothing.

Anybody know where I can find this?

Also, what are the masons trying to hide. I've seen Nevad's ritual I think. If masons are all the same, why are their rituals different? Is one better then the other one?

[edit on 1-12-2006 by AussieDog]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
every state in the US, and every country outside the US. is a seperate entity within the order as a whole.. as a such they each have the right to tinker with the rituals to suit their beliefs and mentality.

Duncan's Ritual of freemasonry is the un-offical standardized set of rituals, though they vary where ever you go.. and it is my understanding that pennsilvania has some of the most notable variations.

as to what they are hiding.. the truth is.. not much, the need for secrecy in the modern era is minimal, and is mainly observed out of tradition. in the old days you could be killed for being a mason

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Becon of Light]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Masonry is very much like a franchise, like McDonald's, the Gap, or Starbucks. Some franchises may keep tight uniformity in certain respects (e.g. McDonald's food tastes the same whether you it in Los Angeles, London, Chicago, or Cairo), but inevitably there will be some nonuniformity. (e.g. Even if McDonald's food tastes the same the world over, the service you receive, the atmosphere of the restraunt, etc. may vary significant from place to place.) Furthermore, some franchises may have a large degree of nonuniformity across the board.

The same can be said of freemasonry. While their may be things that are constant from lodge to lodge the world over, individual lodges and regions are inevitably going to depart from others. Lodges do not exist in vacuums, and are subject to the pressures and influences of outside society. This is inevitably going to lead to nonuniformity. Factors that may influence a lodges rituals are its finances, the strength of its membership and recruiting, the cultural climate in which it exists to name a few. For example wealthy lodges may have more elaborate than poor lodges. Lodges with strong memberships may have stringent initiation requirements, while lodges struggling to find memberships may have more law intitiation requirements. Lodges that exist in areas where people are culturally conservative may adhere more to tradition, where lodges in areas that are culturally liberal may be more likely to deviate from tradition.

It would seem inevitable that the way masons do things in Virginia is going to be different from the way they do things in California, Florida, the UK, or Japan.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light

Duncan's Ritual of freemasonry is the un-offical standardized set of rituals, though they vary where ever you go..

Beacon, I was wondering why you came to this conclusion? I've seen Masonic ritual in many states, but never any closely resembling Duncan's. The actual standard, if any exists, is usually considered to be that of Webb and Cross. Although each state does differ, all follow Webb-Cross similarities.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is all interesting. Does anybdoy know where you can find the VA ritual on the web?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ya know, I did all kinds of research on Freemasons. I read books, talked to people that I knew were masons, looked on line, and anything else that I could think of. I finally made up my mind that the best way was to join. If I didnt like it or found something that I thought was "evil" I could quite. I am now a Master Mason and love it. So, If you ask me how to find out about the ritual in Va. I say put in a petition.

ML in another thread you said that you walked in a Shriners Parade in Rock Hill. Hopefully I will be in the next one there with our lodge in NC. Im not to far from there.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Ajax35]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
your friend is not telling you because frankly, it's none of your buisness...you are not a mason, so why should you know what their rituals are? He goes threw all this trouble, the investigation, the learning, the initiation...everything just to learn them, and you just want someone to tell you what they are or where you can find them....that sounds alot like cheating to me. If you wanna know what it's all about goto the lodge with him sometime and ask around...if you like what you hear take the next step if you dont....then dont. But dont just think that your privy to the same information that he is. Your not a mason.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was initiated in D.C. and have seen an initiation at a Virginia lodge. I won't go into details for previously stated reasons but I can assure you the differences are VERY minimal. I think the main differentiation in the U.S. is between the Northern and Southern jurisdiction. Most people associate that as the largest difference, I have never seen a Northern jurisdiction lodge meeting though. As umwolves said, simply go with him to the lodge! I can assure you no probing, no special kool-aid, etc. I have brought 4 or 5 friends with me just for them to meet the Brothers and see what it's like. You will not be allowed to view the closed portion of the meeting, but I assure you you will not be the only one waiting for it to "open." Hey, at the very least the food is pretty good.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
your friend is not telling you because frankly, it's none of your buisness...you are not a mason, so why should you know what their rituals are? He goes threw all this trouble, the investigation, the learning, the initiation...everything just to learn them, and you just want someone to tell you what they are or where you can find them....that sounds alot like cheating to me. If you wanna know what it's all about goto the lodge with him sometime and ask around...if you like what you hear take the next step if you dont....then dont. But dont just think that your privy to the same information that he is. Your not a mason.

I hear what you are saying, but perhaps there are things you would like to and would be able share about the variations between lodges in different areas. For examples, are their lodges where people tend to be very laid back, as opposed to following rituals strictly according to tradition? Are there regions where initiation is more of a challenge?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Originally posted by umwolves123

I hear what you are saying, but perhaps there are things you would like to and would be able share about the variations between lodges in different areas. For examples, are their lodges where people tend to be very laid back, as opposed to following rituals strictly according to tradition? Are there regions where initiation is more of a challenge?

While I'm not umwolves, it is really up to the lodge. For instance my lodge is very big into esoteric discussion and thus open to many ideas that other lodges are not; at the same point discussion of the pros and cons of individual religions is strictly forbidden. Although, following ritual is not something that is really open to interpretation, ritual is ritual. It all depends on the mindset of the lodge and what is accepted.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
VA home of many interesting people and gov facilities.
Also has an very old and interesting masonic lodge.

VA being more likely of having a lodge that can really work a ritual, maybe...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What does this have to do with conspiracies??

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AussieDog
Doing searches on the web I've noticed that masoinc ritual appears to be different in different states. I have a friend going through right now. I'm curious to know what he has or is going though because he won't say a word.

I've done searches on the web for the virginia ritual, but I've found nothing.

I know this is an old post. There is a few books about the local history of a town i used to live in that say the largest public freemasonic ceremony took place in a town called tazewell virginia. The dude over the ceremony was gov george c peery. I cant remember the name of the books. Hope that helps.

Anybody know where I can find this?

Also, what are the masons trying to hide. I've seen Nevad's ritual I think. If masons are all the same, why are their rituals different? Is one better then the other one?

[edit on 1-12-2006 by AussieDog]

top topics

join