It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary Movement for Human Extinction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I was thinking about our beautiful planet, as you do, and remembered a website I first came across some years ago. I did some searches on ATS and found not much...It must be one of the most out of the box solutions I've read to our planetary problems, NWO fans would say that the governments are trying to do this themselves.

Q: What is the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Each time another one of us decides to not add another one of us to the burgeoning billions already squatting on this ravaged planet, another ray of hope shines through the gloom.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Mother Nature's "experiments" have done throughout the eons. Good health will be restored to the Earth's ecology... to the "life form" known by many as Gaia.

Taken from this website.

Here are some of the questions they attempt to answer...

ABOUT THE MOVEMENT

What is the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?
Are you really serious?
Are some people opposed the VHEMT concept?
What's new?
How do I join?
How do I order stickers, T-shirts, and stuff?

BIOLOGY AND BREEDING

What's wrong with having babies? Don't you like babies?
Aren't the wrong people making babies these days?
I'm extra smart. Shouldn't I pass on my genes?
What about the human instinct to breed?
Do we have to stop having sex?
Does VHEMT favor abortion?
Will contraception lower birth rates?

DEATH

Will new viruses, wars, famine, and toxic waste help the cause of human extinction?
Are we all supposed to kill ourselves?
Won't VHEMT die out when all its members die off?
Is this another one of those suicide cults?
Why don't you just kill yourself?

I love the last question there.

I thought this was an interesting take on the whole issue and not one that would probably be readily accepted but clearly, many have thought about this, the websites been up for years although how active they are, I don't know.

Once upon a time, I may have gone for this. I'm not sure what to make of it now. Thoughts? Comments?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think the basic principal behind it, that is saving the planet
from our utter idiotic destruction of it is cool.

That said, I think that this is'nt the best way to go about doing
it, but if they can help, well I'm not going to complain.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well, looks like they'll have to convince about a billion or so people for this to even dent the rise in population on this planet...its getting to a point where i think that we will soon have to start moving off world to start afresh...but do we have the will to do so?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
No, I do not concur with voluntary extinction. We simply need to work more in harmony with nature, or whatever planet or environment we decide to inhabit. This may mean not having as many kids. This means we recycle. This means we re-use. This means we stop polluting, and we take care of the environment You don't just kill yourself.

Troy

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Go ahead. You first. Set the example for the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, it's not as daft as it sounds. The message is not go and kill yourself, that would be silly. Their message is actually live long and prosper.

What if I decided not to have children and instead, I adopt 1 or 2 or maybe more from backgounds where they needed help from an abusive parent or the loss of the parents. Wouldn't it be better for the world if people took one or two from an orphanage instead of firing babies out like pop guns?

Part of my extended family did just that. They adpoted two russian children and you realise the good you are doing when you are so shocked at why they won't get out of the warm bath with toys. They never saw a bath before, they were used to being hosed down in the street.

join