It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altering Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
When I was a junior in high school. I remember I could do something with my eyes....like focus them a certain way it would seem. I remember staring out the window and the snow flakes would fall as normal then when I looked at it a certain way they'd slow down. I think it might have been my peripheral vision....Is this normal? I also have done it with fans.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sounds interesting,

Do you still do this?

Would be a great idea to test it, maybe have a friend observe if anything really is happening,

that would give you a good indication,

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Been watching Paranormal on tv lately?

I wonder, the physics of bending time in such a small locale as your own self wouldent that tend twards a permenent disfigurement of the space time continum? Kinda like throwing a peble into a still pond and watching the ripples flow outward. I think what you witnessed was the old addage a watched pot never boils.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Take
When I was a junior in high school. I remember I could do something with my eyes....like focus them a certain way it would seem. I remember staring out the window and the snow flakes would fall as normal then when I looked at it a certain way they'd slow down. I think it might have been my peripheral vision....Is this normal? I also have done it with fans.

We all can do this... and hold onto it.. (if we know what we're holding onto)

have you ever looked at those mind-eye tricks.. where you have to focus them a certain way to see the hidden picture? .. same idea...
our brain is trained to see things in a certain CYCLES PER SECOND.. state when we are in different concious state.. we can change our concious states by thought/or drugs..
when you look at things from different CPS.. you notice they look differently..

the world has many different vibrations ... for learning.. and we focus on certain ones to learn certain things.. its like... thought is blue.. and all thought vibrates between a certain range.. so all thoughts in that field are blue.. than there are heart-beat/pulse vibrations.. and since every human heart varies there are different spikes in the vibration etc.. and different ranges for all the animals.. and the heart-beat vibrations are red... than there are vibrations for material things.. and their vibrations are multi-colored etc..
than there are vibrations for colors, ... for everything..

you aren't changing things 'out-there' you are just changing how you see them, in-here...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I don't even know what that is.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe you're like that guy from the butterfly effect, try to warp back in time.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I hate that movie.....anyway back to the topic.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well I posted my experience in another thread, but I think it is relevant in this thread also, so I just copy and pasted my experience:

Everything is in our heads, including "time". It's all perception, and we can control our perceptions, although I can't tell you how. I remember once when I was snowboarding I went off a jump, and when I landed my edge caught in some hard-packed snow and I went flying, tumbling over and over down the slope. At one point I was in mid-air, and I had a sudden thought that I needed to readjust to save myself from getting hurt. At that second, time literally slowed down. I was in mid-air for what seemed like about 30 seconds, and the whole while I was thinking, "Wow, this is weird, everything's going in slow motion." Then, while still in mid-air, I was able to adjust my body's position so that when I landed I was able to stop tumbling down the slope. As soon as I hit the snow again, time went back to normal speed.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I wonder, the physics of bending time in such a small locale as your own self wouldent that tend twards a permenent disfigurement of the space time continum? Kinda like throwing a peble into a still pond and watching the ripples flow outward. I think what you witnessed was the old addage a watched pot never boils.

But even the ripples (or waves rather) from an enormous boulder wouldn't be permanent. Nature will restore itself to its natural state. When something happens within your mind on such a small scale (remaining inside your mind, and not influencing others) there will be very very slight disturbance if any. As with An3rkist' story, to An3rkist, time was moving very slow, but to everyone else it would appear normally.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Take

You are not alone, and you are not a loan.

top topics

join