It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakfast Crisis, 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm in a rut. I've been eating the same 4 things for breakfast for millions of years: oatmeal, cold cereal, bananas, and Pop Tarts. After so long, the texture and consistency of oatmeal is getting annoying. Cold cereal lost its magic when I grew up and stopped eating cereal that had a toy at the bottom of the box. I still like bananas, but a concerned friend warned me that if I keep eating so many bananas, I might actually turn into one; I think she was serious. I've run out of Pop Tart varieties that I'm not sick of, and the ones I can tolerate just seem a little too sweet for me. Bottom line, I'm bored with my breakfast choices. I don't have time to cook anything fancy, so pots and pans are out of the question. So who wants to be a hero and save me from early-morning boredom?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Making fried eggs & bacon or even a simple omelette doesn't take much time at all and is great alternative, but you'd still need a pan.

[edit on 12/1/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What kills me with that is the perparation and cleanup. I'm a messy cook, especially if I'm in a rush.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Have you ever had Cream of Wheat hot cereal?

That's a bit different than oatmeal.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Instant grits. Microwave with a little cheese and butter on top. Sprinkle with black pepper. Yum.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I could never imagine life without sausage and eggs! As far as pots and pans go, buy a non stick pan, they only take a second to clean. For me, I have aged cast iron pans that I use for beakfast, and when I'm done, I just open up the oven door and stick it inside.

There's all kinds of things you could eat that take hardly anytime at all to fix.
Poached eggs on toast- (takes less than 5 minutes)
Sausage, cheese and egg muffin-(you can even buy them frozen & nuke them)
Cream of wheat is yummy-
Yogurt-
Cinnamon/sugar toast
Forzen waffles

There's plenty of stuff to eat that's quick to fix.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Got a toaster ? pop a couple of slices of bread or even english muffins in and top with spread of your choice
I like grape jelly or philly cream cheese spread.

Easiest breakfast ever

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Bagels

Go get a bag of bagels, and some strawberry spread cream cheese.

Heat the bagel for 20 seconds, and apply cream cheese as needed.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I can't do bagels anymore. I worked as a manager for a chain of Dunkin Donuts for several years, so needless to say I've had more than my fill. Cream of Wheat is okay, but it's the consistency; a little 'soupier' than oatmeal. I get bored with food I don't have to chew. It's just not challenging enough. Super-cool tough guys like me need the sense of victory and accomplishment that comes with chewing food, and Cream of Wheat gets an unnacceptable free pass on the way down
I'm obviously kidding, I'll try it next time I'm at the market.

Cinnamon Sugar Toast is a fantastic idea! I haven't enjoyed this delicasy since I was very young, I completely forgot about it! That's gonna rock. Frozen waffles is also a good idea, though I'm hesitant because after the movie Super Troopers first came out, I participated in a syrup-drinking contest and haven't been able to touch the stuff since. Anything freezer-to-microwave is out of the question for me. It just seems too much like fast food.

Thank you all for these suggestions!!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Cinnamon sugar toast does rock!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Do you get good fresh fruits in Rhode Island ?

In Oz we are fortunate to have great fruits and vege all year round.

Lately I have been having sliced honeydew melon, rockmelon, kiwifruit, banana and strawberries in a bowl with a spoonful of fruit flavoured yoghurt on top.

This is quick...you can slice it the night before and it tastes great !! It gives you a great start to the day and will help keep you regular (if you need that).

In peace Always
resi

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
sh!t, go out for breakfast; treat yourself! others cook better than you, and you don't have to fuss with mess. life's short. enjoy the diversity.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Dippy Eggs and soldiers! One pan, some water, bring it boil and place eggs in for 4 1/2 minutes. Do a slice of toast per egg, butter and slice.

Yummy! My 3 year old daughter loves em!

Personally, I am a full English kind of guy, but a bacon butty will suffice.

Sometimes....Sometimes.... I might have Crunchy Nut corn Flakes or Weetabix.

After a night shift, I have been known to have two or three cans of Stella at 7 in the morning.....

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Dippy Eggs and soldiers! One pan, some water, bring it boil and place eggs in for 4 1/2 minutes. Do a slice of toast per egg, butter and slice.

That's what we, in American call Poached eggs on toast. Oh my goodness..aren't they soo yummy. My kids love them too we also use salt & pepper, I'm sure you do as well??

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Poached eggs to me are slightly different. They get cracked into boiling water and then get served up on flat toast. Dippy eggs would be eggs soft-boiled in the shell and the toast cut into strips, or soldiers. The eggs would be in egg cups.

But both are equally yummy and very easy too make

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When I'm in a rush, I usually get a cup of vanilla yogurt and top with any of the following:

sliced berries or fruit
chopped nuts
granola
wheat germ

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
After a night shift, I have been known to have two or three cans of Stella at 7 in the morning.....

your my kind of guy! i'll have a stella fella.

join