It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my Gun Rack in the back of My Pickup

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by Snake
This question of banning seems not to make sense.
Can you remove this knowledge from mankind ?
If not some people will produce them . How can a law stop that ?
To me this seems like banning books it serves no real
purpose .
To take a contrary point of view.when everyone is armed there seems to be more respect when you know a guys packing a .45
Weapons are part of our reality. To deny them is like
burying your head in the sand.
But anyway Have you heard of a thing called a sword ?
Im a martial artist i've got a Wakasashi its a 2 1/2' razor . At close range its faster and more deadly than a gun and very concealable.
Then you Ban them . O K but im 6'2" 220 lbs
and highly trained to kill by hand .
So you ban martial arts.
Then the problem of sticks remains.what do you do then ban trees ?

just a thought

Not just a thought bud....thats what I like to call common sense.

Thanks for the support.There seems to be a lot of emotion and little logical thought going on here.
You cannot make people nonviolent by taking away
some of their weapeons .I wish that were true !
But it doesnt make it so .
I really like ATS so lets treat each other like adults
The purpose of the exercise is to achieve progress
not to regress to into childish nonsense
Why do you think there is so much violence anyway.
This thread is a good example.

Just another idiotic thought

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It is statistacly true that more family members are killed during a home invasion than are the robbers. But like Michael Moore said in his movie "the constitution said you have the right bear arms, not guns, so that could mean anything including nuclear weapons."

Guns are made for killing, people dont buy them for any other case except to KILL (unless their a collector). The main problem is not guns but the people who have them. America had some of the highest amount of deaths from guns than other countries.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have owned guns my entire life and never killed anyone. I think education is the key here.
When I was a small child my father and his two brothers brought me out to learn about guns. The first and most important lesson was RESPECT for the tool you are using. If more kids had these kinds of lessons earlier in life then the "gun culture" of modern media and entertainment would have much less of an impact on young minds.
When some inner city kid hears his favorite rapper glorifying "wasting some punk with his 9" and goes home and watches nearly every "cool" guy on TV firing weapons at the drop of a hat in a crowd it seems to be the norm. It's not, never was and never should be this way.
The american society has a lot to answer for in many of these cases of misdirected youths shooting eachother. Be it Music, TV, Movies and now especially video games. Violence is practically encouraged by all of this media and they all glorify "gun violence". THAT is where the problem lies not with the guns or with those of us who respect them and use them properly.
The other thing I have a real problem with is the enforcement (or lack there of) of the existing firearms laws in this country. Some people should NOT have access to firearms yet they still get them. This needs to stop but until it does I'll be keeping mine to protect my family and myself from the dregs of society. More laws do nothing but ensure that the criminals are better armed than the rest of us.
Interesting little news tidbit from last week..

The Connecticut State Police are now being issued AR-15 assault rifles to supposedly "match" what the criminals have. BULL#!!!!
How many criminals are going to go out and buy a $1000 rifle that is VERY difficult to conceal to commit crimes? .0000000001% maybe? Best part is that here in Connecticut us citizens are BANNED FROM OWNING ONE!
So us law abiding types should be outgunned but not the police? Why? Because the police want to outgun EVERYONE. I would have no problem with this if there were a cop stationed outside of EVERY SINGLE front door in the country. That is not the case and never will be. I don't rely on the police to protect me and anyone who does is a fool. The police come and try to determine who killed you after the fact and if lucky catch the person. Thanks, but, I'll kill the bastard first and tell the police I did it.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Who is this person who is coming to kill all of you? What are you all so afraid of?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mr Moore calls his films satire.

Why do left wingers always quote him as though he is some kinda scientist or something.

He is now the 'man' with his many millions of dollars, he is quickly becoming everything he claims to hate.

I still fail to see how you can be wealthy and be a liberal, have a very difficult time understanding this concept especially when liberals spend all their time attacking so called elites.'

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Why do left wingers always quote him as though he is some kinda scientist or something.

He is now the 'man' with his many millions of dollars, he is quickly becoming everything he claims to hate.

I still fail to see how you can be wealthy and be a liberal, have a very difficult time understanding this concept especially when liberals spend all their time attacking so called elites.'

you forget how can they be rich and communist at the same time?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

you forget how can they be rich and communist at the same time?

Yup, either you lick Bush's ass or you are a communist. That makes a lot of sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

please read my new thread, it tackles this very subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
*Ahem* back to the topic at hand...

Fry isn't a paranoid living in a bunker (at least I hope not), he is probably like every other american that buys a gun for protection. If you are threatened, in all likelihood the police would only be able to find out who put the knife in your gut. Unless you are very skilled at hand to hand combat, ot very lucky, if an armed assailant challenges you in your home with lethal force, in all likelihood you are going to die.

Unless you have a gun, and are educated in the use of that gun. Fry hit upon an excellent point. Proper respect for the weapon is needed if the weapon is going to be used effectively. To many people today have no respect for firearms, which is one of the reasons the homicide rate is so high

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I dont know about how prevalent shooting schools are in urban areas or even if people would care to go. The fact is that a lot of legal gun owners get their weapons stolen and they end up in the wrong hands. They end up in areas where gun education is a waste of time and nobody needs to be taught how to kill someone.

Education, thats a great idea, but obviously the people who would exploit this kind of service are not the ones who would be commiting drive-bys, school shootings, etc.Besides what about all the accidents you read about where little kids find an unlocked cabinet and take their parents guns to play cops n robbers. I guess every gun owning ATS member is so responsible that it could never possibly happen to them, but there ARE people out there who use guns for more fiendish activities.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wasnt going to even reply to this mess of crap, but I have to. I saw quite a few people say "guns are outdated, hunting is nonexistant" I would like to take you for a drive, to the various check-in stations in my state, and then, to states where they dont control animal populations at all. If you dont control deer you will have them overrunning areas, causing car accidents, destroying gardens, etc. For some people who choose not to live within the usual form of society and eat the crap packaged up and sold at walmart for "food" hunting is a necessity and a way of life. I know many families that do hunt for their food every year, and do quite well at it.

I know someone would say let the police or some other agency deal with controlling the population, but without the guns everyone wants to ban, how are they going to do it? Primative weapons (muzzle loader, bow and arrow ) are not enough to effectively control a population by a small agency. Use chemicals to control them? Yeah, do that and see how long its takes PETA and any other animal-rights groups to flock to you like stink on #. Hunters and Guns DO have a place in society, they keep deer and other animals off your property, and out of the grill of the SUVs!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I wasnt going to even reply to this mess of crap, but I have to. I saw quite a few people say "guns are outdated, hunting is nonexistant" I would like to take you for a drive, to the various check-in stations in my state, and then, to states where they dont control animal populations at all. If you dont control deer you will have them overrunning areas, causing car accidents, destroying gardens, etc. For some people who choose not to live within the usual form of society and eat the crap packaged up and sold at walmart for "food" hunting is a necessity and a way of life. I know many families that do hunt for their food every year, and do quite well at it.

I know someone would say let the police or some other agency deal with controlling the population, but without the guns everyone wants to ban, how are they going to do it? Primative weapons (muzzle loader, bow and arrow ) are not enough to effectively control a population by a small agency. Use chemicals to control them? Yeah, do that and see how long its takes PETA and any other animal-rights groups to flock to you like stink on #. Hunters and Guns DO have a place in society, they keep deer and other animals off your property, and out of the grill of the SUVs!

True, but like I said before. People don't use handguns to shoot deer, they use a rifle.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've killed a deer using a handgun

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've killed an aligator with a blowgun. What's your point?

geo

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
In a perfect world no one would be injured by guns, cars, heart disease, etc. All you can do manage the risk. That is what society has chosen to do with handgun laws.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have killed a bear with a hand gun.... a .44 magnum with a 12'' barrel...
I dont think you have your specs right if you think that most guns that end up in the hands of criminals are stolen...besides,if you get caught with a stolen handgun thats a very serious crime..so hell let them take the chance of carring a stolen handgun..if they get caught they are going straight to prison for at least 2-4 years..probably 2 times that long if they are a felon.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Very true SirCyco. Many guns are entirely unregistered, meaning they were not stolen, but imported over the border from another country. An entire criminal underworld has sprung off of this single fact

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I've killed an aligator with a blowgun. What's your point?

The point is that if people dont control the population of animals, it creates a problem in areas where urban environments are spralwing and taking over the habitat of the animals. Modern guns are the most efficient way to control that popuation. So if you want to outlaw them, justify the deaths due to people hitting deer on the highway, the farmers who cant stop their crops from being ravaged, and all the other problems that will arise from an unchecked game population.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You still don't need a gun for checking game populations. On my island in south carolina deer outnumber people 9 to 1. People fed the whitetales and we had some pretty nice 6 and 8 point bucks. That is until those same tourists who fed them, were given feed laced with poison. Let me just tell you that it worked like a charm. all of a sudden the roadkill you saw on the side of the road wasnt technically roadkill, it was just dead deer laying by the side of the road.

What about bows? guns clearly tip the game in your favor, if hunting is to be considered a sport, it needs to be a bit more sporting. You can kill a deer no problem with a gun but arrows dont fly as far and they do less damage the farther you are away. Asking to use guns for hunting is pretty cheap if you think about it. Its completely unfair and the only fun I got out of it as a little kid with my bb gun was the thrill of the kill. Imagine the thrill of the kill if you actually put some work into it.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We wish to live longer, yet look for ways to kill faster.

About Racism...

it reminds me of full metal jacket... when he tells them

Here, you are all equally worthless.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by Lysergic]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join