It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my Gun Rack in the back of My Pickup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
As for the point about Bowling For Columbine calling for the banning of all guns, I don't think that was his whole point. I think his point was that something in American culture makes them more violent than other countries. he interviews a number of Canadians who have handguns. He states that there about 7 million guns in 10 millions guns. He says that Canada is one gun toting, gun loving country, and yet is doesn't have nearly the murder rate. I think that was his point. That America is a culture of fear. And when they are afraid they reach for their guns.

Do you know how many people die each day in Isreal? From suicide bombs and war? Thats not more violent??????

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Dear insite,
Whether guns are illegal or not doesn't make a difference. If you want something bad enough you can get it. I'm sure many people could make them too. And if guns were never around believe me, something else would be thought up to be used for the same purposes.

What about the military? Should they have guns taken away too? Or do you want to get rid of military too?

Taking away guns isn't going to solve anything. I don't think tougher legislation would do anything, though if it would help, I'm fine with it. And you know what, I enjoy guns. I only use them for target shooting and don't even have any guns at my house.

Have you ever seen Bowling For Columbine? Do you realize how many countries allow guns but don't have the same problems? In the countries listed in the movie (which I will find if you want me to) there were very few deaths per country (I'm thinking typically under 10, but definitely under 100) per year. Seriously, watch the movie.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

As for the point about Bowling For Columbine calling for the banning of all guns, I don't think that was his whole point. I think his point was that something in American culture makes them more violent than other countries. he interviews a number of Canadians who have handguns. He states that there about 7 million guns in 10 millions guns. He says that Canada is one gun toting, gun loving country, and yet is doesn't have nearly the murder rate. I think that was his point. That America is a culture of fear. And when they are afraid they reach for their guns.

Do you know how many people die each day in Isreal? From suicide bombs and war? Thats not more violent??????

They are at war. You can't compare Israel to one of the G7 countries.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
greenkoolaid,
your example is perfect. this goes out to russian, how successful would the DC snipers be if they used throwing knives instead of their .22?

ok the dc sniper first of all was smart enough to hide for pertty long.

so dc sniper was smart.

The dc sniper would not be successful with out the rifle but he would be smart enough to find that rifle.

Also if you didnt want the dc sniper thing to happen then there should have not been any guns invnented.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
insite,

how about tougher immigration laws and we still keep the guns?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   

They are at war. You can compare Israel to one of the G7 countries.

We are at war. And it is irrelevant. They are violent because of their beliefs. People are killers. We hate each other. We kill each other. We do it regardless. We did it long before we had guns. Except then we stretched people bodies out. Impailed them on stakes. Hung them on crosses. Stuck them in the iron maiden. Stoned them to death. Beat them with clubs. Lit them on fire. Stabbed then. Poisoned their food. Tied them to horses and made them run. Drowned them under water. Starved them. Cut body parts off. Ripped their guts out of their stomach. Rolled boulders on top of them. Did I miss any?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
And by the way, I haven't stated anywhere in this thread that I am calling for the banning of guns. I have stated in a number of gun control arguements on this website that I am not for the banning of guns. I just don't like the reasons people give for why guns should be allowed. Most of them don't hold any water with me.

I don't think more guns reduces crimes. Sure it may reduce break and enters, but it is going to raise murders and it is going to raise accidental deaths, not a fair trade in my opinion.

The reason that I don't support gun control is because I don't like the government telling me what to do, and not because of any of the arguements that people have stated in this thread.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

And by the way, I haven't stated anywhere in this thread that I am calling for the banning of guns. I have stated in a number of gun control arguements on this website that I am for the banning of guns. I just don't like the reasons people give for why guns should be allowed. Most of them don't hold any water with me.

I don't think more guns reduces crimes. Sure it may reduce break and enters, but it is going to raise murders and it is going to raise accidental deaths, not a fair trade in my opinion.

The reason that I don't support gun control is because I don't like the government telling me what to do, and not because of any of the arguements that people have stated in this thread.

most of us DONT SAY GUNS ARE A GOOD THING!

WE SAY THAT NO GUNS WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

GUNS ARE PROTECTION!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
HNGO,
Yes I have seen the movie and I agree with your post. It was actually the only logical thing Ive read yet. But do you not feel that taking away guns would even hamper the death by gun toll even slightly? In a perfect world I am against military, but this is not the point and it is not applicable to this thread. The military needs guns to uphold the sovereignty of the nation. American culture makes it seem cool to own a gun, to kill someone is a right of passage and life seemingly loses its value more and more each day.

My point is this: Take away guns, you take guns out of the limelight, you expose them for what they really are which is mechanisms designed specifically for killing. You make people see that guns are not favorable tools, they are a scourge. You make guns less easily available to a public which is prone to the use of guns (this contrasts the cultures of other nations). The results will be clear. Guns cause damage, without guns, less damage is caused, its as simple as that. So other things may be used in their place, this is not a valid argument for refuting the ban on guns.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

They are at war. You can compare Israel to one of the G7 countries.

We are at war. And it is irrelevant. They are violent because of their beliefs. People are killers. We hate each other. We kill each other. We do it regardless. We did it long before we had guns. Except then we stretched people bodies out. Impailed them on stakes. Hung them on crosses. Stuck them in the iron maiden. Stoned them to death. Beat them with clubs. Lit them on fire. Stabbed then. Poisoned their food. Tied them to horses and made them run. Drowned them under water. Starved them. Cut body parts off. Ripped their guts out of their stomach. Rolled boulders on top of them. Did I miss any?

The war is not on American soil. No amount of guns in the hands of civilians in the US is going to help things calm down in Iraq.
Yup, those are all really good ways to kill somebody. How many of those would you use if you were pissed off at somebody in traffic? Much easier to do a drive by shooting then it is to throw someone in an Iron Maiden. Or what are you doing calling me such and such, I am going to make sure you can't buy any food for the next month and starve you to death.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
immigration does not really kill people, unless you mean by stripping away jobs from people so honest hardworking naturalised citizens starve. enlighten me please NEO, I'm afraid I am ignorant to this connection.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

immigration does not really kill people, unless you mean by stripping away jobs from people so honest hardworking naturalised citizens starve. enlighten me please NEO, I'm afraid I am ignorant to this connection.

Neo is an admitted racist, he thinks that all non whites are essentially violent people.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I cannot enlighten a hardcore liberal.

All I will say is look at the backgrounds of the criminals in question.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Neo is an admitted racist, he thinks that all non whites are essentially violent people.

You are just making a jugdement with no facts!

You are a MORON!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
# you I am. He has admitted to being a racist. And his last statement just backed me up.

So shove your #ing moron up your ass.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
insite,

how about tougher immigration laws and we still keep the guns?

I see nothing racist about this you asshole.

NEO IF YOU ARE A RACIST THEN SAY SO BUT I DONT THINK SO.

TELL THESE LIBERALS IN THE FACE!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
He did not admit it on this thread, he admitted it on another. We have had a number of discussions. And yes, his statement does have racist implications, learn to read between the lines.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   

# you I am. He has admitted to being a racist. And his last statement just backed me up.

So shove your #ing moron up your ass.

Did he?

You moron go back to school.

Learn about life.

Or move to another country where they want you.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   
And I am not a liberal, I have voted conservative in every election I have been entitled to vote for. Luckily in Canada we have more than one choice.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   

He did not admit it on this thread, he admitted it on another. We have had a number of discussions. And yes, his statement does have racist implications, learn to read between the lines.

please give me a link so it can be proven.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join