It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my Gun Rack in the back of My Pickup

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
LOL in Arkansas you see all kinds of people in the country driving thier pickups with gunracks on thier back windows, but that is just asking for your car to get broken into when your shoppin at wal-mart so the freaks can go pawn it and buy some meth!!! LOL

I much rather have a conceal & carry liscense though.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
whoops i hit the wrong key lol..........what a damn week!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Guns dont kill people do. I guess its the way the people actually use the gun. Either to attack, or to defend

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't think Michael Moore is anti-gun. He says in the movie he's been a member of the NRA since he was a kid. He may be pro-gun control. Which everyone should be. I am not anti gun. Its a right for americans to own guns. I think there should be a law requiring gun locks simply to protect kids from blowing their brains out on accident. It could all be a waste anyway, considering you can get a gun of the street any time you want one maybe its a waste to try to control it? I just think it should be a little more difficult to obtain a gun thats all.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Guns are for upright citizens who wish to protect themselves from the cudsucker looking for a 711. "

Not just the pudsucker looking for a 711, but the pudsuckers that run our country.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
"Guns are for upright citizens who wish to protect themselves from the cudsucker looking for a 711. "

guns are for any citizen whos wishes to bear arms period..no reason needed..according to the second amendment...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people. So if everyone had a gun no one would die!" - one of my friends

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by mig12]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i cant be bothered to read all thats been said, but i would like to add my opinion, and hope no one else has expressed the same idea already. but, if you make guns illegal, then only the criminals will have them. sorry, but i could not sleep at night with the knowledge that i was not allowed to do what i could to protect my family, and that any asshole can strike up an illegal gun deal and have a one-up on me.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree we have a right to bear arms. As said before,
" If we outlaw guns only the outlaws will have guns."
Here's a Firearms Training Facility, in my neck of the cactus.

www.frontsight.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
And by the way, I haven't stated anywhere in this thread that I am calling for the banning of guns. I have stated in a number of gun control arguements on this website that I am not for the banning of guns. I just don't like the reasons people give for why guns should be allowed. Most of them don't hold any water with me.

I don't think more guns reduces crimes. Sure it may reduce break and enters, but it is going to raise murders and it is going to raise accidental deaths, not a fair trade in my opinion.

The reason that I don't support gun control is because I don't like the government telling me what to do, and not because of any of the arguements that people have stated in this thread.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]
I am from Alaska and can cite many reasons to carry a gun. For hunting for food and protection from a thousand something pound Griz for one. Just for fun is another. You can't control crime by banning weapons because criminals will be the only ones armed. I know you said you're not calling for a weapons ban but, why should anyone have to give you a reason to want to own a weapon?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In addition there has been quite a bit of speculation about electronic locks on guns...bad bad bad idea.

In addition to guns used in home defense being needed right there and then, they could have another, more sinister purpose.

If the locks are electronic, than a radio signal could shut down every single gun in the country with these locks, rendering the citizenry defenseless. FIGHT against these gun locks!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Instead of hiding your gun or putting locks on them how about teaching your kids the proper why to use them and that they are not toys. In several genorations of my family the guns have NEVER been locked up and quite often loaded and no one was ever shot. The difference is that we were tought from the time we could pick one up how to handle them.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

LOL in Arkansas you see all kinds of people in the country driving thier pickups with gunracks on thier back windows, but that is just asking for your car to get broken into when your shoppin at wal-mart so the freaks can go pawn it and but some meth!!! LOL

I used to take them to school so I could go stright to hunting after school and no one ever thought of it. Can you imagine someone showing up to school with a shotgun today?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The kid would be expelled faster than you could blink.

It's to bad that guns have been dismissed as the domain of illiterate hicks and gangsters. If more people handled guns I imagine there would be quite a bit less tension.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

Woman should have the right to immediate access to an abortion because of a supreme court decision, but people should have a waiting period and restrictions for guns which rights stem from the 2nd amendment?

Same camp, still no sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good point, we can kill babies but not crooks, whole lotta sense there...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Also, people should look at the Clinton Assault weapons leg.

It was more for astetics then anything else. A nice healthy band aid.

Assault weapons are not what everyone thinks. There is a real liberal definition of them.

Auto weapons, yeah, shouldn't have em. Everything else is fair game.

Rifles-cool
shotguns-cool
pistols-cool

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah, there is a real problem with the liberal definition of the law being stretched both ways.

Militias find ways to hoard assault weapons

Liberals find ways to destroy them

There needs to be a clearer definition of the law here, its bull# bothways to have it any other way.

People get killed from ignorance more often than not

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hmm, look at England. They banned all their weapons to the extent that even regular police officers and patrolmen don't carry them. The populace is not allowed to own/have weapons, it is a crime if they do so. Obviously this has solved the violent crime issue... right? WRONG! Violent crime involving firearms has gone steadly up in London since the ban on firearms in England. As was said before, "if you outlaw guns then only the outlaws have guns." Think about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm quite sure most statistics have shown that gun control has not helped to thwart gun-related crimes...the assault weapon ban sunsets sometime this year I believe, so everyone can go get 30 round magazines for their ar-15s, yes!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join