It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little Voice Inside Your Head

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My little inner voice that says "oh man you screwed up" and "damn I need a drink" sounds the same as "ok the square root of 37 is what?" and "that sounds like an F sharp." Interesting idea, but I fear that for me that voice is the byproduct of plain old thoughts and my brain's assimilation of them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The true test of the meditative adept is to stop thinking. Complete non-thinking awareness. It's a strange feeling when you actually accomplish it. Most people are so used to their automatic thought streams, their programs, they never question them. The programs are often called "common sense" but in reality it's just societal programming that is the most subtle form of mind control.

Deprogramming yourself is the way to go. But for that one must be aware in the now moment and live in real time. Most people are just reactionary. Pink Robots. The programs are created in response to external stimuli. And they become comfortable.

So is that voice really yours? Or is it your parents' voice, teachers' voice, family's voice, peers' voice, tv's voice, or is it even more sinister?

"They gave us their mind!" -Don Juan Matus

Ex

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe that quiet little voice is the essence of our soul
The link that binds us with the universe
The true natural that we all have in us........

All of the other sounds are our minds interpreting and analyzing
all of the external noise that bombards us..
and intergrating itself into our conscious mind

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
The true test of the meditative adept is to stop thinking. Complete non-thinking awareness. It's a strange feeling when you actually accomplish it. Most people are so used to their automatic thought streams, their programs, they never question them. The programs are often called "common sense" but in reality it's just societal programming that is the most subtle form of mind control.

Deprogramming yourself is the way to go. But for that one must be aware in the now moment and live in real time. Most people are just reactionary. Pink Robots. The programs are created in response to external stimuli. And they become comfortable.

So is that voice really yours? Or is it your parents' voice, teachers' voice, family's voice, peers' voice, tv's voice, or is it even more sinister?

"They gave us their mind!" -Don Juan Matus

The true goal in meditation is .. to stop the BODY from thinking.. or coming up with thoughts..

That voice in our heads.. the one that talks about our experiences and bodies..
is everyone elses voice you've heard in your entire life.... and your body adapted it, used 'YOUR' voice and repeats what they said.. (as if you came up with it) .. like kids making/telling jokes in the school play-ground.. "You can't tell that joke, I made it up!", "No way, its my joke now!" ... etc etc..
[kids are great!]

so you've been raised by everyone else around you.... maybe its awakened you, maybe not... maybe you still haven't gotten THE message that makes it all clear.. or maybe you just didn't think that message was important, so perhaps you ignore it.

Yeh funny how the world mimmicks what I seem to be doing.. or am I merely mimmicking what the world does? ... CNN has had odd programming .. everytime I happen to start some thread, about something they seem to have a show about the exact same thing... like the Larry King Live with the Positive Thinkers.. (RAMTHA/JZ Knight) .. and now this..

Heres another test to try... its a neat one...

make up a word... any word... a combination of words .. but make it a new one, so you have NO attached thoughts to this word..

Now sit infront of an object that is stationary... or something outside on your property like a cement flower pot or something..

now.. one you find an object.. sit there looking at the object while repeating your New word... keep doing it until the word loses ALL meaning.. and keep repeating it until you mess it up.. and you're not sure if its even the same word...
Keep your gaze fixed on the object.. DO NOT break eye contact..(blinking is fine) I mean don't turn into homer simpson and start stroking a blade of grass.. lol

keep doing this until you are left with a funny word.. one that your not even sure of anymore... now walk away from whatever you were looking at, while repeating the word... over and over.. (even if it doesn't seem like the same word) .. keep repeating it..
and walking away.... still (mentally) focused on the object in mind..

as you walk away you'll notice you'll get HEAVY VOICES... or HEAVY IMAGES.. I call them HEAVY because they are very striking..
depending on the object and depending on the word.. you'll have some interesting voices or visions.. share if you are successful with this.. I'm sure people would be interested.. (since not everyone wants to take the time out of their day to try it) ..
But I'm sure you'll enjoy the 'feelings' ..

[edit on 12/3/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

[edit on 12/3/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

You've never judged your recently previous actions? .. like oh snap I did real crappy on that exam.. or wow, I just about died.. I should 'watch' myself..

I find it amazing as how people usually, so boldly, reference "peace, trust and understanding" as something everyone has claim of. On further inspection, you will always be able to see that not even those who preach about these sacred ideals, use them on default. It is always something those individuals lack. Bottom-line shows us the how deep double-morality strikes at those who can't even see beyond choice.

I can honestly say that I have not had such a voice mock me. Because it all falls down to that place within that tells you whether you are worth it, or not. And you are the judge of that worth. In short, I know there has NEVER been need for something as low as mocking one self. I always (if I ever was a victim of it) overcame the voice. Because the voice will only be there, if you are pathetic enough to keep carrying it.

Everything has to be dealt in neutrality. Some principal goes for all atomic particles in the universe. They all have matter, and they all have anti-matter. I once experienced a point in my life where I met evil as the avatar of depression, as close as I were to slitting my wrist every day, I didne't for some reason. And this reason is still not clear to me. Shortly after I have had moments where I would have enormous amounts of energy and happiness.

At some point, I eventually reached ground-level agian, and when I reached that point, it was all void. Everytime I would remember back to the time I was extremely happy, I would get looped around to the point where I was depressed. And each time this happened and I remembered the feeling of depression, it filled me with joy as a counterpart to being happy. And everytime I remembered being depressed, I was looped back to happiness, where I would see that the views I got when I was depressed were extremely bad.

Even this discussion attracts another pathetic discussion of being afraid of death. And all those who can truly see that it is 'just', share abit of truth to the big picture, but still not the *whole* picture.

All in all, you are only as pathetic as you make yourself. Believing that everything has to evolve around light or dark will weaken you thousand-fold. It is devotion to one side that weakens you to the other. It is failure of many men and women, and the fall of all to come.

... Negative attracts positive...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I like this Bible quote

"Be Still and Know that I am God"

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One poster said that it was not correct (or something like that) to understand according to the 'I think therefore I am' ancient cornerstone...

And I must heartily protest - this is not only our own basis for reference but also the idea between God making man in the image of his likeness - many say that God doesn't need man...I say that God and man need one another...

It is all about having a truthful surface upon which to 'bounce things off of.'

If you have a problem with your inner voice (being always a yes man or a miscreant or even a jerk)....then that is you, yourself, trying to drown out (deny/resist/ignore) that true inner voice!

Because that inner voice (as I know it all these 38 years - the best friend of our soul, no doubt!) does not lie (if you allow it voice) and it doesn't mock or trick or manifest in any fashion negatively...

And when you learn to know this voice as not of you but yet a part of you (like family is...) and realize that it is not abnormal but it is also not just some extension of your own various masks of psyche....eventually you will overcome!

But you've got to LISTEN....a still small voice....there is nothing beyond your means and power if you understand the nature and origin of THAT ONE as connected with SELF.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

... Negative attracts positive...

It's quite a bit more complicated than that basic understanding .......

its because of PAST negative things that we even know what really positive things are..

Let me tell you... if you KEEP a positive thru the negative, the end result will still be positive.. (because you understand why you shouldn't adopt any negative)....

if your holding positive, and decide to hold some negative you will have to drop the positive that fills your hands..

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That 'voice in your head' isnt even you. Its your ego. It is your programmed conscience sending you horrible and good thoughts. Thoughts that are not even in and of your being. These thoughts are in the forefront of our brains

Open up to the recesses of your mind. The back side, if you will. If you make yourself aware that *you* are not identified to or with that voice, it will lessen and lessen.

When that voice speaks (and for many it never really shuts up)... look for the 'I' 'me' 'my' in there. You will find it somewhere in those 'voice inside my head' thoughts because that voice is your ego. That plain, that simple

Once you acknowledge that your 'forefront', 'voice in my head' thoughts are nothing but programmed energy, be it positive or negative... the ego, laugh it off and enjoy your higher consciousness. For its then you have reached a great level and should be proud!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
One poster said that it was not correct (or something like that) to understand according to the 'I think therefore I am' ancient cornerstone...

And I must heartily protest - this is not only our own basis for reference but also the idea between God making man in the image of his likeness - many say that God doesn't need man...I say that God and man need one another...

It is all about having a truthful surface upon which to 'bounce things off of.'

If you have a problem with your inner voice (being always a yes man or a miscreant or even a jerk)....then that is you, yourself, trying to drown out (deny/resist/ignore) that true inner voice!

Because that inner voice (as I know it all these 38 years - the best friend of our soul, no doubt!) does not lie (if you allow it voice) and it doesn't mock or trick or manifest in any fashion negatively...

And when you learn to know this voice as not of you but yet a part of you (like family is...) and realize that it is not abnormal but it is also not just some extension of your own various masks of psyche....eventually you will overcome!

But you've got to LISTEN....a still small voice....there is nothing beyond your means and power if you understand the nature and origin of THAT ONE as connected with SELF.

I would love to comment on what you said at the beginning there..

the voice speaks only truth... it shouts it ... but we are deaf.. it shows us... but we are blind..

I would like to comment on the I Think Therefore I AM...

There is two ways of looking at this statement.. one with knowledge and one without..

[I] Think, Therefore [I AM]....
or
[I Think], Therefore [I] Am....

Now I'm positive that that's almost imcomprehensible for some people...

its hard to explain .. without repeating things I've already said.. a million times..

the [I] is Thought.... This [I] cannot think..... it IS Thought.... how can thought think?

Therefore with this horrible equation you become an I AM.... which is self-built.

but with...

[I Think] is saying "you are speaking from the [I AM]" which is made by the [I]...

Its an equation... all is math..

Stemming from the idea... that [I AM] a certain way.... the [I] in the [I AM] can correct the AM part of the [I]...
Ugh.. I'll work on presenting this in an easier to follow manner.. I understand its horrible presentation..

Think of it like this..

The word Namaste(Pronounced NAMA-STAY) ...... it could be said, "The God within me, recognizes the God within you..."....

the word Namaste implies the inifity symbol..... the way the brain works... it takes the image and curves it and flips it.. etc..

so as my vision goes out... if I am looking at someone in the eyes..
my vision leaves my eyes, from the top and curves down and enters your eye, and as it leaves your eye to recognize the god within me, it leaves your eye from the top and completes the circuit making the infinity symbol.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
That 'voice in your head' isnt even you. Its your ego. It is your programmed conscience sending you horrible and good thoughts. Thoughts that are not even in and of your being. These thoughts are in the forefront of our brains

Open up to the recesses of your mind. The back side, if you will. If you make yourself aware that *you* are not identified to or with that voice, it will lessen and lessen.

When that voice speaks (and for many it never really shuts up)... look for the 'I' 'me' 'my' in there. You will find it somewhere in those 'voice inside my head' thoughts because that voice is your ego. That plain, that simple

Once you acknowledge that your 'forefront', 'voice in my head' thoughts are nothing but programmed energy, be it positive or negative... the ego, laugh it off and enjoy your higher consciousness. For its then you have reached a great level and should be proud!

Yes it is the EGO .... but it is hiding the TRUE one behind it... it mimmicks the TRUE Thought.. it will even go so far as to trick the real you, telling you, you're not so and so.. or your too such and such... but true thought views all things as equal and judges them correctly.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Preach it hunny... tell Mama. She knows hehe

The ego will make your life miserable. It will make you hate those you should love simply because thats just what you do.

It makes you envious of your brothers that score a nicer ride or house which is just SICK.

I, at one time, had the ego the size of a giant. I did a lot of work and my life changed.

I realized driving down the road one day that all the crap I say in my head is a product of things I identified myself with. Now, I dont identify myself with anything.

But with everything because thats reality. And you rejoice in it once you reach it. Its hell killing the ego though. For me, it was like an exorcism.

I was my ego. I was those thoughts. I thought they were in and of me. I didnt realize I was programmed. So, my work began.

How am I doing so far? -giggle-

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It seems that what you say, littleone, is more the norm for most people than that which I have experienced....

I'm not sure why, but it does make me wonder what the difference is....and where it starts...and when.

My voice always seemed to be on my side; as opposed to my 'ego' which I perceive as that proud and sometimes arrogant facade that we need so often as a defense against the world's jabs aimed at our insecurities - false bravado on the psychological level, in a sense. My false bravado defense mechanisms were always something I wore 'outside' of myself...and only my little voice friend knew me in the nude.

Even if it had been 'only me'...long ago when i first wondered about it (if i ever did)...still it didn't seem either fruitful or prudent to lie to myself in the privacy of my own mind!

We must be honest with ourselves in that regard or we will continue to view the world with suspicion as something unconquerable...rather than something to perch on top of and sing (with our coca cola in hand)

If we don't shoot straight with self, then what is there to even pursue? It is all built on diversionary tactics, then.

Ex

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Perhaps
That Little Voice is THREE voices all wrapped together .

1) The Soul- The immaterial part of a person* the actuating cause of an individual life

2) Ego-Your consciousness of your own identity*the conscious mind

3) Conscious- realization or recognition

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Perhaps
That Little Voice is THREE voices all wrapped together .

1) The Soul- The immaterial part of a person* the actuating cause of an individual life

2) Ego-Your consciousness of your own identity*the conscious mind

3) Conscious- realization or recognition

to go even deeper...

1) the soul - the neuro-net, which is activated in the womb..

2) Ego - Who/How we identify our 'seperateness'

3) THOUGHT - EQUAL, beneficial for ALL, incorporates ALL...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

as you walk away you'll notice you'll get HEAVY VOICES... or HEAVY IMAGES.. I call them HEAVY because they are very striking..
depending on the object and depending on the word.. you'll have some interesting voices or visions.. share if you are successful with this.. I'm sure people would be interested.. (since not everyone wants to take the time out of their day to try it) ..
But I'm sure you'll enjoy the 'feelings' ..

Out the hundreds of meditations I've read I never heard of that one. I will definitely have to try it. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is one of those threads where the title should be:

"Your word agianst ours"...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
That 'little voice', in my head is ME! Sorry, but it is me, and dosn't say anything weird about mee. Heh.......... Now, what would happen if we didn't know language?

An African tribe or two talks with clicking sounds, do they talk to themselves with the clicking sound? With no language would we be so self aware? IF we taught something with a large and powerful brain language, would it be self aware?

Anyways, nice topic.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

The true goal in meditation is .. to stop the BODY from thinking.. or coming up with thoughts..

I'm uncertain if I was clear enough. I'm talking about stopping all conscious thought. That voice that repeats when you read, all the internal programs that play like records when a certain event arises, and everything else.

When all thought stops then one can consciously access the subconscious. This will bring a new type of awareness. Spatial awareness. It's quite profound.

1) the soul - the neuro-net, which is activated in the womb

I passionately disagree. The neuro-net, if speaking on a broad scale, is the human collective consciousness. It's the Morphogenetic Field.

The soul is far more advanced than the primitive human collective. It resides outside space and time. The soul interacting with the human vessel is what creates the aura. And that aura is what the flyers feed off of. The luminous egg as Don Juan calls it. That's why, even though we are fed upon, we can keep growing energy. The true adept has learned to stop being food for the moon and can give their energy at will instead of having their energy drained by other entities.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It all comes full circle back to the basic concept of ego. Period.

True awareness and ego cannot co-exist. The ego is those constant stream of thoughts that possess our mind. Thoughts we have either came up with and our ego liked it and used it for fuel. Or programmed thoughts... 'Im a girl, I will never get this job'. 'Im too skinny be to sexy' et cetera. All lies I told myself and came to believe. Others dont believe those things. I made them up in my head. My ego was winning.

As long as you are completely UNaware of this, you take that thinker to be who you are. In fact, that thinker IS who you are until you check that ego and evolve to a higher awareness. Then, it simply falls away on its on.

You have to be ready though. It took me longer to get a grip on than I am proud of. I wasnt ready. I was only ready to be right, to be superior, to be egotistical. It isnt even attached to you, much less your essence. Throw it out!

How? Well, once you have it down it is pretty simple... funny even.

Eachtime you find yourself saying something bad about someone or something, aloud or in thought, look for the 'I' in there. Again, you will find it because its the 'I'... the EGO that gives you these thoughts. If you are AWARE of this, laugh it off and react with YOUR mind, not your ego and others will too.

I promise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join