It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formal 'Indictment' of Bush Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the book: "A Fraud Worse than Enron" by Elizabeth de la Vega, laying out a formal indictment of the Bush Administration regarding the invasion of Iraq.

De la Vega has, in her career as a prosecutor, prepared numerous fraud indictments and, as she argued in the first excerpt from her book posted earlier this week, "A Fraud Worse than Enron," what George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and their senior officials committed was a crime, not just in the colloquial sense of the word, but in the legal sense too (and not a victimless crime either). While their crime was of a magnitude that puts even Enron, no less run-of-the-mill fraud cases, to shame, it also has all the elements of a typical, small-time scam.

Specifically, the indictment is

a one-count proposed indictment: Conspiracy to Defraud the United States in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 371.

Full Excerpt

I have often heard the question posed: "What should be the charges against the Bush Administration?" in arguments for/against an impeachment.

Here they are, in full formal format, by a real (former) federal prosecutor.

Bloody well time, in my opinion. I wish this indictment were being really presented, not just an exercise. The strong likelyhood that the Senate is still special-interest-bound to the extent that a conviction is unlikely does not mean a trial (impeachment) should not be held.

An excellent, if long, read.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
The strong likelyhood that the Senate is still special-interest-bound to the extent that a conviction is unlikely does not mean a trial (impeachment) should not be held.

I definitely agree with this. I hear so many people say that Bush shouldn't be impeached simply because he wouldn't be found guilty. Well, maybe not, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try to make him pay for his crimes. Otherwise, he just gets off scott-free. OJ wasn't found guilty either. Would these same people have suggested we not try him because of his status and financial situation?

I also wish this were a real indictment. Who knows? We still have a couple years. It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The title of the book is actually "United States v. George W. Bush et al.", not "A Fraud Worse than Enron", as stated in the OP.

Apologies.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You brits piss me off. just because your pathetic dear old mum cannot compete with the big cock in hand americans it now looks as if you are finally willing to submit. We are willing to pay a one time tribute of $1 for all of the dear old mum's holding in Africa and Asia.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Bush is a good man who cares about the americans and their views!
He sent us into iraq to fight for our freedom! and look at iraq today!
God spoke to him as he claimed!
He did a great job in hurrican katrina and damn,his just a caring person!

his just a great man.I applaud the american christain conservatives for making a goodchoice. Great choice people.Great choice.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

his just a great man.I applaud the american christain conservatives for making a goodchoice. Great choice people.Great choice.

I think you're joking. Hard to tell in the USA.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

I'm an american and I hope you are joking...

I dunno about the caring part...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
SG was more than likely saying that tongue in cheek. Even the most die-hard Dubya fans in the past are starting to wake up, slowly but surely. This admin is frightening.

new topics

top topics

join