It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danny Devito - drunk on the job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Danny Devito showed up to his national interview on The View (AWFUL show) totally drunk. He ranted against the president (no surprise) and then went on to describe how he and his wife had sex 'all over' the Lincoln bedroom while Clinton was president.

The day before his drunken 'View' interview, he was on Fox and Friends and, although able to carry on a conversation about his upcoming movie, the Fox and Friends co-hosts all said that they smelled alcohol on his breath.

What irks me is what loud mouth Rosie O'Donnel (from The View) said - she said that Danny Devito isn't an alcoholic .. he was just a fun drunk.

HELLO??? Anyone who shows up for work still drunk from the night before, and has been drunk for DAYS while working, definately has an alcohol problem. It doesn't matter if he's a 'fun drunk' or not. It's still a problem.

To Rosie O'Donnel I say - Bad! Bad Rosie!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nobody's going to care about Devito being a drunkard because everybody loves the guy. I'd love to party with him.

Peace

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What irks me is what loud mouth Rosie O'Donnel (from The View) said - she said that Danny Devito isn't an alcoholic .. he was just a fun drunk.

Actually your article said it was Elisabeth Hasselbeck who called DeVito a fun drunk.

"But he was a fun drunk," chimed in co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

O'Donnell's only quote on the page,

"Danny DeVito is not an alcoholic," co-host Rosie O'Donnell said Thursday. "He's just a guy who had too many with his friend."

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Actually your article said it was Elisabeth Hasselbeck who called DeVito a fun drunk.

You are absolutely right. My mistake.

Rosie said that he didn't have a drinking problem. I still take issue with what Rosie said. ANYONE who shows up drunk for work has a drinking problem. He didn't just show up at The View drunk, but also at FOX the day before.

He may have been fun ... but he still can't control himself with alcohol. It is a disservice to him to say 'he isn't an alcoholic' just because folks had a good time with him. That is what appears to be the reasoning behind her statement. I could be wrong about that, but that's what it looks like to me.

Whatever the reason for saying it, she's wrong. Showing up drunk for work on sucessive days is a problem.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't watch the View but I had seen the clip of the incident on YouTube a couple days ago.
He said he was partying it up with George Clooney all night. I've done things like that when I was younger, I was surprised that someone in their 60's could pull it off. I'm not 30 yet and I know I couldn't do it.
Alcoholism never even crossed my mind. But now knowing that he was also drunk for another appearance just the day before does have me concerned for the guy.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
knowing that he was also drunk for another appearance just the day before does have me concerned for the guy.

If any 'regular' person showed up drunk for work it would be cause for concern.
If any 'regular' person showed up drunk for days-in-a-row it would DEFINATELY be cause for concern.

For Rosie to say 'he isn't an alcoholic' and for The View 'stars' to say he's just a 'fun drunk' is irresponsible.

BTW .. I don't watch The View either. I tried. It sucks. And Rosie and her big mouth will ruin what little (VERY little) entertainment value it could have. She killed her own show with her mouthing off about politics and alienated 1/2 the country. She's doing it again already on The View.

top topics

join