It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosnews Reports UFO Crash.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Dont forget satellites are pretty small and fragile..it think its rather impossible that a satellite would make it all the way down to the surface and not get burned to dust in the atmosphere.

Besides that a satellite orbits the earth and so the vector of its movement wouldn`t allow it to just fall down. It would slowly burn to pieces while fighting earths gravity.

But i wouldn´t scratch the idea totally..it could be a military satellite of some sort in low stationary orbit..i personally really doubt that.

So this would only leave a small asteroid, a plane or in fact a downed UFO.

I also doubt the distraction theory. The polonium incidents grew way to big, if someone wants to draw attention from it he would start a much bigger distraction event.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Let me throw something out there.

The Russian government is really not responsible for the poisonings, but some other country's intelligence service is (maybe CIA), maybe to try and undermind Putin for one reason or another. So Russia now breaks this story in return to try and throw pressure back on those who don't want information like this to get out.

Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Something came down. It was a UFO.
U = Unidentified.

It could have been a meteor which would explain why nothing was left.
It could have been a military vehicle which explains a coverup.
It could have been a satelite or a spy satelite from the USA which REALLY would call for a coverup.

It could have been ET. But there are many other things it could have been as well..

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

The Russian government is really not responsible for the poisonings, but some other country's intelligence service is (maybe CIA), maybe to try and undermind Putin for one reason or another. So Russia now breaks this story in return to try and throw pressure back on those who don't want information like this to get out.

Just a thought.

Peace

You could be onto something, the Windsors and Romanovs aren´t very likely bedmates from what I heard

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Just a thought.

Peace

Not very likely, I mean not very likely the :

breaks this story in return to try and throw pressure back on those who don't want information like this to get out

Did this news made headlines anywhere in the world expect Siberia?
It wasn't even on Pravda online , and they have a tendency to go after this sort of business...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if they don't find any thing when flying over it with an helicopter it maybe covert or it may have cloaking deviice.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
For those who said this is meant as a distraction from the Polonium poisonings, I can't really see that being the case. I mean this isn't anywhere near the mainstream media (well, yet) and would only throw off people who would access those sites/news sources that first reported it anyways.

My vote? Either a meteor or an aircraft of some sort crashed, but no one knew exactly what it was yet (because of the inclement weather, remote location, red tape) and hence the story was squashed. Could be anything from a rock to little green men ... and the sad thing is ... we will never know.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmmm based on what i've read, chances are its a small meteor, secret Russian spy plane being tested or American spy plane on recon.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If Ivan downed a US UAV, we'd know. I'd imagine.
Now, if it were one of our manned birds, it may take a couple weeks. They gotta figure out what to do, and how to release the info.
Remember, we're friends.

Lex

Edit to add "manned" birds.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Lexion]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hey Saint4God or whatever you call yourself ... what's this link in your signature man, about becoming a Christian ... what the # is that all about man ... I tought this forum was for open-minded people ... so you people we all came from "magic"? Are you one of those wacko's who believe in "creationism"?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
sorry guys,
after i read the Mosnews article;

i did not come away with the idea that they were reporting an alien 'UFO' craft,
they just said a unidentified flying object as in some common object that is not presently known, i.e. determined.

It could very well be that the localized fires in the sparse forest land was caused by a lit cigarette butt which was flicked out a passing vehicles' window (?flying object?)

their story sucessfully 'grabbed' someones attention, and the writing invites one to assume or infer a whole bunch...i'll try to click their site more often for stuff

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here's what we know from the articles, Most sites are simply using the same report word for word, so there's not a lot to go on.
Witnesses including local law enforcement reported "A flying apparatus" in one story and a "unidentified aircraft" in another. A couple of articles refer to an unknown aircraft. So we can assume it wasn't a meteor or satelite as some have suggested, that still could be the case but based on the limited articles and the witness reports, none are suggesting that.
They had been unable to reach the site at the time due to weather, none the less, soon after we learn that it's officially a false alarm. No evidence of what multiple witnesses including police saw. No excuses just denial
Yes, none of the articles mention anything of alien craft or discs etc.. the articles do seem slanted that way, interesting in itself. So we are still left with much to speculate on. We can't know what crashed but I think from the prompt denial that it was something they would prefer to keep quiet.
So unless we hear something from the witnesses themselves, we have probably heard the last of this story.

BTW Mosnews are no strangers to UFO stories, do a search you'll find some interesting stuff there.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kris44
Hey Saint4God or whatever you call yourself ... what's this link in your signature man, about becoming a Christian ... what the # is that all about man ...

It explains in the link. I'm open to questions though if there's anything you'd like me to clarify.

I tought this forum was for open-minded people ...

Then this is where I belong.

so you people we all came from "magic"?

No, I'm familiar with majik and do not find it to be the mechanism employed for the creation of life, the universe and everything.

Are you one of those wacko's who believe in "creationism"?

Actually I'm nearing my Biology degree and know what I am not, which is an evolutionist. This may change pending new information, but as of yet am not convinced evolution has evidence to support the theory according to the scientific method.

Thanks for the inquiry, but I recognize this thread is not about me and what I think. I'm on several "Conspiracies in Religion" threads where we can thoroughly discuss things like God, Christ, and evolution.

Some interesting points that were raised here is that it could be a Russian or foreign craft, which would give cause for cover-up. Meteor would be another good reason, as the study and mining of metals would surely want to be the business of soley Russian government investigations. No sense having geologists all over the world applying for Visa's to get their hands on a virtual goldmine of information and materials. Who knows, maybe there's Polonium in there. They seem to be using a lot of it lately so I'm sure they have to replenish their stores.

I just wish they'd be a little more candid, which they can do without drawing attention. Such as if it were the case, "the crash involved a man-made test vehicle. Russian authorities are still investigating the causes" then everyone would go home and forget about it. To say "our people are crazy, nothing happened" insults the intelligence of not only observers of these details from other countries, but also insults the intelligence of their own people who were witnesses to the fact.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by Galiega
This was nothing but a downed Satellite, let it all go, it was nothing but a downed Satellite! No UFO in this incident.

If it was a satellite, then where's the news about it. I mean its not THAT hard for officials to state that a satellite crashed and caused a little fire while having pictures of the debris (if there are any), end of story.

It'd even be easy to fake it

[edit on 2-12-2006 by merka]

Why would the government want or need to announce the crash of a satellite?
Particularily if the satellite was either a Soviet military satellite or a foreign satellite (the owners of which might want to have it back).
It's substantially easier to just say "no comment" and let people run around going 'UFO UFO UFO" while the government rolls their eyes and chuckles at you.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover
Dont forget satellites are pretty small and fragile..it think its rather impossible that a satellite would make it all the way down to the surface and not get burned to dust in the atmosphere.

Besides that a satellite orbits the earth and so the vector of its movement wouldn`t allow it to just fall down. It would slowly burn to pieces while fighting earths gravity.

But i wouldn´t scratch the idea totally..it could be a military satellite of some sort in low stationary orbit..i personally really doubt that.

So this would only leave a small asteroid, a plane or in fact a downed UFO.

I also doubt the distraction theory. The polonium incidents grew way to big, if someone wants to draw attention from it he would start a much bigger distraction event.

I don't think your logic is sound.
Yes, some satellites are fragile, depending on their purpose...but some satellites, particularily the larger military recon and communication satellites are very solid and generally built to survive re-entry.
There are thousands of objects in orbit around the earth and it's definitely likely that a satellite could fail (for whatever reason) or be knocked off course and crash back to earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join