It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Transplants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Articles are saying that head transplants are basically possible, we just haven't done them because of ethical issues, but my question is what would happen to the person's soul... would it just die?

www.langues-vivantes.u-bordeaux2.fr... .htm

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass
Articles are saying that head transplants are basically possible, we just haven't done them because of ethical issues, but my question is what would happen to the person's soul... would it just die?

www.langues-vivantes.u-bordeaux2.fr... .htm

hmm, Interesting ... It makes me wonder, if a transplant took place after 4 days of both indivuals deceased date, would the individual of this new 'body' have a soul? They say the 'Spirit' hangs around the body for 3 days, positive energy etc. Comments are most Welcome

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Weird, if this ever does get done in might answer a slew of spiritual questions...

If two atheists consented to this, it might have some amusing side effects. Man on girls body, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Then it would it be possible to clone myself, then in the future when this body gets old use my clones body.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Very Freaky

But may be used if bush stays in power!!

LMAO

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
These are the type of questions that make me doubt the existence of a soul. Let's say you are cloned and it is an exact copy of you, does that mean that it wont have a soul? Then how could the clone operate without a soul if you need one to live? So that means that it would have to have a soul in which case a soul can be cloned as well. If a soul is a pure entity created by God then there is no way it could be cloned.

I also think about people who get their bodies frozen. If they die (or are about to die) and they are frozen until a later date, does there soul hang about? If it left and years later this person is revived, the sould comes back from wherever it was and lives again? If it doesn't how could the person live without it?

I don't think so people.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Kind of makes me think about the movie "Chiller" by Wes Craven. Never even occurred to me until I saw this that if someone was frozen and then brought back when a cure was found, what if they came back without a soul?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What if the soul is holographic. If you have a holograph and cut it into 10 pieces, there will be 10 exact holographic images. Any piece/organ transplanted will retain a partial image of the original soul.

Just a theory...and I haven't had coffee yet.....

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

But may be used if bush stays in power!!

What if the soul is holographic. If you have a holograph and cut it into 10 pieces, there will be 10 exact holographic images. Any piece/organ transplanted will retain a partial image of the original soul.

Just a theory...and I haven't had coffee yet.....

Interesting, yes, sometimes the things we think before we have coffee are the better thoughts

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This has been done with a monkey. The poor thing lived but could not move his new body because we cannot reattatch a broken spinal cord. Head transplant

The issue over the soul is kinda interesting. If you cloned your self your clone would be its own person just like idenical twins are each their own.

The people who freeze* themselves after they die I think are foolish to think they may cheat death. This is just an advanced form of mummification which we all know is nothing new. I remember an episode of the X-files where a dead scientist's brain was kept frozen but his soul was restless and he made his autistic brother stop the process. That is interesting to think that this may the soul may be stuck after death.
*(i believe some of the cryogenic companys realize freezing the body will kill every cell so they have a method where they immerse the body in a super cold gel so technically they arent frozen)

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why wouldnt a clone have a soul? Its still a person, it just has your exact DNA, thats all

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well..you are saying that the soul exists in the head of the person? Why? The soul could exist around the person, in an aura..could it not? But to put a head of one person onto another..that seems morally wrong...just..it is.

2 Cents from

-wD

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well..you are saying that the soul exists in the head of the person? Why? The soul could exist around the person, in an aura..could it not? But to put a head of one person onto another..that seems morally wrong...just..it is.

no i'm not saying it exhists in its head, but if it is split between two different bodies, what would happen to it, would it just be an instinct issue?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
the soul exists in our brain, for it is just a figment of our imagination!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well in my opinion your brain is like a computer, and your soul is stored on your brains computer within your neural pathways. when you die your soul is still retained but after time when the brain decays your soul decays. You can preserve the brain and reactive it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
.....incredible.

What of the ethical issues? Do your guys see a problem with this?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Man on girls body, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
Why wouldnt a clone have a soul? Its still a person, it just has your exact DNA, thats all

What if the clone was created, but not given life, like it was kept in some sort of suspended animation? I personally will refrain from using the word soul in my idea, but if the clone was created for a head transplant, the head transplanted onto it, then the body was reanimated with the head that all ready was carrying the life force from it's previous body, I'd imagine the previous body's life force would go into the cloned body. I feel that the life force is stored in the mind rather than in the body. Just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey maybe MJ can become white after all!

See all the fun we can have with this.

You could murder someone then take their head and assume their identity if you had a similar body.

Wow, I just love science, it has absolutely no morality whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
You could murder someone then take their head and assume their identity if you had a similar body.

Assuming you and a few people could to the surgery yourselves, or you had a docter who wouldn't rat you out..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join