It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tried To Hide Guitar In Pants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

www.mercurynews.com...
DE QUEEN, Ark. - The guitar-shaped bulge in Morgan Conatser's clothing tipped off a music store owner that there might be a crime in progress. Clifton Lovell, owner of Guitars and Cadillacs on U.S. Highway 71 in De Queen, was talking with a customer last week when he saw Conatser, 29, walking out of the store.

"I saw him walking out to his pickup truck and the bulges in his leather jacket. I said, 'Hey what have you got there,'" Clifton Lovell said.

He said Conatser, 29, replied, "Nothing."

Lovell pointed toward the unnatural shapes in Conatser's jacket and pants and said, "You've got something."

Conatser then removed a solid body electric guitar from his pants leg and from underneath his jacket.

I wonder if he really thought that the guitar wasn't going to be seen in his pants?

He wouldn't even of been able to sit down without removing the guitar from his clothes.

It says in the link that the shop owner wasn't going to press any chargers or call the police since the original property had been returned but he noticed that there was a wireless sound system missing also.

The shop owner calls the police and Conatser politley hands over the merchandise when confronted at his own home. He ends up getting fined 200 dollars and was booked for the night with a misdemeanor.

If I was him I would've confessed about the sound system right away, I wouldn't want to take any chances and try to get off with some cool points.

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That guy must've deperately wanted that guitar or either he had a few screws loose. I used to work in a store years ago and we had shoplifters try to get away with stuff but never anything as large as a guitar.

He definitely needs to give up stealing as a career!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe this Fender Bender will decide to take up the Mandolin?

I once caught a woman stealing a 1.75 litre bottle of expensive Scotch.
I knew it was her, as I had just put it on the shelf not 5 minutes before.
She had it "on her", I don't know how else to put it. It was hidden in her dress, and I have know idea how she was holding it there.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Maybe this Fender Bender will decide to take up the Mandolin?

I'd like to see him take on one of these.

I'm sure he'd find a way to fit it in there but he'll have to leave the stool behind.

It was hidden in her dress, and I have know idea how she was holding it there.

Were her arms outside of the dress?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ive heard of people shop lifting 3 piece suites, they simply went in and took the thing straight out of the shop.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
is that a guitar in your pocket or are you just happ'..... never mind.

-b

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis

It was hidden in her dress, and I have know idea how she was holding it there.

Were her arms outside of the dress?

Yep! she was walking is a fairly normal manner. Girdle maybe?
I'm afraid to guess, really..

oh, and as George Carlin used to say, about phrases you NEVER hear:
"Hand me that piano"

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Yep! she was walking is a fairly normal manner. Girdle maybe? I'm afraid to guess, really..

Oh man....I can only think of one holder for that bottle..

Did you confront her?

What did she say?

Originally posted by Flyer
Ive heard of people shop lifting 3 piece suites, they simply went in and took the thing straight out of the shop

wow...thats pretty hardcore

top topics

join