It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the music dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is a series of two short videos that i found today about a a movie/documentary called Before The Music Dies. The movie is about how fake most of the music industry is today, and how easy it is to make a pop star, how kids for the most part don't get inspired by music anymore. I realize that all music isn't like this, but much of it is, and i feel that if we don't teach our children/friends (depending on age, etc.) about actual artists, then music artists might get shoved out of the picture.

Trailer: BTMD

How easy it is to create a pop star

Official Site for the movie

It's time for a change, we need actual artists, not a commerce industry. It's not too late, and it may take a while for actual talent to fade away, but if we do nothing then it will; slowly, generation after generation.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
This is a series of two short videos that i found today about a a movie/documentary called Before The Music Dies. The movie is about how fake most of the music industry is today, and how easy it is to make a pop star, how kids for the most part don't get inspired by music anymore. I realize that all music isn't like this, but much of it is, and i feel that if we don't teach our children/friends (depending on age, etc.) about actual artists, then music artists might get shoved out of the picture.

Trailer: BTMD

How easy it is to create a pop star

Official Site for the movie

It's time for a change, we need actual artists, not a commerce industry. It's not too late, and it may take a while for actual talent to fade away, but if we do nothing then it will; slowly, generation after generation.

Exactly, we need more bands like avenged sevenfold, these guys have inspired me to become the best guitarist.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Exactly, we need more bands like avenged sevenfold, these guys have inspired me to become the best guitarist.

System Of A Down and Jimi Hendrix are the two biggest reasons i picked up a guitar, but yeah, avenged sevenfold does have some wicked guitar in their music. I just think it's a shame that more bands and "artists" don't have a real purpose or passion. I love it when a band has passion and cause. That's why i like SOAD and Rage Against The Machine so much, because of their cause and passion.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

System Of A Down and Jimi Hendrix are the two biggest reasons i picked up a guitar, but yeah, avenged sevenfold does have some wicked guitar in their music. I just think it's a shame that more bands and "artists" don't have a real purpose or passion. I love it when a band has passion and cause. That's why i like SOAD and Rage Against The Machine so much, because of their cause and passion.

Yes, i am also a big fan of Hendrix and SOAD.
Rage is great too.

So you play guitar too, can you do any sweep picking?

I was trying to learn the sweep picking part on the guitar solo of The Wicked End by avenged sevenfold, it's friggin' hard.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Rage is great too.

I was trying to learn the sweep picking part on the guitar solo of The Wicked End by avenged sevenfold, it's friggin' hard.

Well, I just started a few months ago, and I'm not really learning everything in what would be considered a "correct" fashion for some. I listen to music all of the time, and then try to learn the songs, i guess that's the old fashioned way, but i don't take lessons or practice any scales etc. I will learn more later, but right now i'm just enjoying learning to play songs i like.

When I start to make my own i will learn more.

As far as sweep picking goes, i'm not 100% sure what that is, but i looked it up and no i don't think so. I just got my guitar about 3 or 4 months ago, but i feel that i'm doing good, because i can play Aerials (not perfect, but it sounds ok), Darts, and ATWA all the way through and i've learned bits and pieces of other sonds like Attack and Holy Mountains.

Yeah, but other than that, i'm pretty much a big newb.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Rage is great too.

Well, I just started a few months ago, and I'm not really learning everything in what would be considered a "correct" fashion for some. I listen to music all of the time, and then try to learn the songs, i guess that's the old fashioned way, but i don't take lessons or practice any scales etc. I will learn more later, but right now i'm just enjoying learning to play songs i like.

When I start to make my own i will learn more.

As far as sweep picking goes, i'm not 100% sure what that is, but i looked it up and no i don't think so. I just got my guitar about 3 or 4 months ago, but i feel that i'm doing good, because i can play Aerials (not perfect, but it sounds ok), Darts, and ATWA all the way through and i've learned bits and pieces of other sonds like Attack and Holy Mountains.

Yeah, but other than that, i'm pretty much a big newb.

Just keep practicing and you will get better, the way i learned was buying books and the software programs for the computer. i recommend the software programs if you're a beginner because they have video and you can see how to play everything.

I've been playing guitar for around 4 years already, and sweep picking is one of the hardest techniques to learn, i can do it, but only slow, that guy from avenged sevenfold plays them like a beast.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know this may not seem like a huge issue to some, especially the ones who idolize those pop stars etc. that i speak of here, but i know that all of you have a point of view on this, so let's hear them. I want to know how other people feel about this, if they have even noticed it, and if they will do anything about it.

top topics

join