It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what artists have you met?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i got to attend a dinner a while back with Gerald 'jerry' Casale from DEVO.
great guy to hang out with. super funny story teller. bad thing was, i didn't know who he was till after the dinner.
which made the dinner better really. didn't want to be "that guy".

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
wow, nobody's met anyone in the industry? ya'll need to get out more often.

get a job at your local music venue - you can set up rooms for bands and meet them.

i got to meet adrian legg - and supply him and his lovely wife calezone in denver.
- got to meet big head todd -(big hard turd)
- got to meet the clowns in dave mathews band. i hooked up carter all night long with free drinks (for some ho' he was with- carter is the drummer in that band), then HE offered to give me free tix to the next night's show in boulder, CO, so i gave him my info for the "list".
drove up to boulder that next night with a friend, and NO name on list. total fool that guy was.

get out there!
-b

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
lol ok ill name drop.

Robbie Williams. Met him through my sister who was a model back in the *Take that* days,

Met Danny devito and Arni while in Hospital when i was 18, they came to visit Great Ormond street*

George Micheal, as he lived right near me for years,

Billy Connolly (UK comic) also as he lived near me,

and Trojan *Gladiator* met him when i was not well and got to sit with him for over an hour, lol

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
sh*t, good call on the name dropping! my bad! hahahahaha.
my intent was more for inspiring artists and fan connection.

-- one year i had back stage passes to primus at a show at red rocks in colorado, but i was tripping to hard to actually go back and meet them. ha.

--oh, and i took a dump in big head todd's band room at red rocks as well.
sorry for the stupid thread. haha.
-b

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
lol ok ill name drop.

Robbie Williams. Met him through my sister who was a model back in the *Take that* days,

Met Danny devito and Arni while in Hospital when i was 18, they came to visit Great Ormond street*

George Micheal, as he lived right near me for years,

Billy Connolly (UK comic) also as he lived near me,

and Trojan *Gladiator* met him when i was not well and got to sit with him for over an hour, lol

I don't remember meeting you asala.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've only meet one music artist. Rocco Delucc. www.roccodeluca.com. He and The Burden are a new act on Kiefer Sutherland's label. At the same place I also meet Kiefer who was there with him for a special set. I nearly met Dennis DeYoung formerly of Styx but I didn't get a chance to go to the show, however I have a personalized autograph from him that my father got.

But other celebrities I've meet at Bill Cosby. Emril Lagesse, Colin Mochrie, and Brad Sherwood.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Does anyone remember "Wolfman Jack"? The radio announcer? My dad knew him and he stopped in to chat now and then. He was kinda old by then though. I was little and did'nt really know who he was at the time. It was in the 70's.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I met the Toadies.

Been to Todd Lewis house, he's married to a friend of mines aunt.

now the frontman of Burden Bros.

Was at a strip club, and Juvenile showed up was odd, he was wearing a mc donalds looking hat but with an africa motif going on.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Okay he's not an artist but i've met michael jordan before. I didn't ask for his autograph or anything but he did offer me one of his old basketball cards which I ofcourse accepted.

I guess he could be considered artistic in the way of a physical nature.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I don't remember meeting you asala.

lol what one was i?

Oh on the out side im not a fuzzy gizmo incase you got me mixed up lol

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here goes,

Sting - backstage when he first went solo, his regular talking voice sounded like Mickey Mouse which surprised me, but he was also very nice. Marsalis was really nice too.

Michael Douglas & Danny DeVito - were in Houston for a charity golf tounament and Douglas was a lech and Danny Devito was the nicest, funniest person I have ever met.

Kirk Douglas at the premiere of one of his movies.

The Queen of England (she's not an artist, does she count?) Her and her entourage were in Austin to meet the Guv. A crowd was around the steps of the capitol and listened as she gave a speech at the top of the steps. We were held back a ways with road barriers and in the middle of her speech a man in the crowd pushed through the barrier and collapsed in the middle of the small driveway directly in front of the Queen. She never missed a word, she didn't blink an eye as the ambulance pulled up in front of her and the paramedics started emergency cpr w/their equipment and after several minutes of this they then lifted him into the ambulance. Whoooo, she is something. After her speech she came down to the barriers and met a few of us. I was holding a nice bunch of roses from my garden and she came over and spoke with me and I gave her the roses.

The lead singer for Fine Young Cannibals - I can never remember his name - Orly airport running to make the gate and a little old blue-haired lady with a blue poodle turned her luggage cart right in front of me and I flew to the side and bull-dozed into a group of people pretty much tackling the singer. His bodyguards and friends were angry but he just laughed and helped pull me to my feet. He had seen the old lady cut me off. I could hear him still laughing as I continued on to my gate (something about "fine bodyguards you are!")

Lol, these were years ago, I need to get out more, you never know who you're going to meet.

STM

[edit on 2-12-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lol, that was great STM!

i got to meet jon spencer (of the jon spencer blues explosion) right as his band was getting huge.
he had planned a tour across america at blues venues (which i used to work at), but he was a punk act, and deliberately solicited to blues venues. --- so night of the show, all these great punks show up at the club; -- the management got all nervous because people of 'style' were showing up in groves.

i had never seen nor heard jon spencer, and i had been assigned the door that night.
after his first set break and putting on ONE HELL OF A SHOW, he exited stage right, and i jumped up and was like "that was #ing PUNK!", and he smiled. (knowing that he was catching a whole demographic off guard). it was hilarious. jon was a very nice guy.
(his act became a bit of a schtick after his career blossomed a couple years later, but in the hay day, it was pretty avant guard.

edit: added blues explosion

[edit on 21/12/2012 by zooplancton]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
John Spencer, that's a good moment to remember, I really love the music!

I didn't post this before because it was so embarrassing, but I could see that it would be funny to everyone else, maybe I should laugh at myself more often so here goes:

A few years ago, 2003 or thereabouts. It was early morning and our 15 year old cat (got her when my sister got divorced and neither wanted her) named "Moskie" needed to do her morning constitutional and she needed to be held up as she did her business. So dutifully, I carried her out into the yard wearing my dusty gold silk pajamas, two pieces, top and bottoms, long sleeved with my indigo kimono my father had bought me in Japan. As I bent over helping her to find a "good" spot (cats are very particular) I heard laughing across the street.

Moskie had found a good place in the center of the yard and as I was patting her back, holding her up with my other hand around her tummy I saw that there was a white sports car parked across the street with two people standing in front of it watching me and Moskie; the guy was pointing and laughing.

He was dressed in an all white suit with a black dress shirt, the woman with him was dressed to match in an almost identical suit. The woman grabbed his hand telling him to let up but he just couldn't stop laughing. I recognized him after a moment and thought, “darn, why do the movie companies have to scout locations this early in the morning!” Our neighborhood in Austin is very popular for movie sets and we routinely get offers for using the houses here. “Luke Wilson, great, just great, the one time of the day when I'm doing something outa the norm and there's a movie star watching me.” After much straining and effort Moskie was ready to go in, and I saw that the woman was now restraining Luke Wilson, keeping him from coming over to the yard, he was in tears.

Moskie was happy now and I took her back into the house and changed to go run some errands. Pulling out of the drive I saw that the all in white couple were still there and as I pulled past them he signaled for me to stop but once again the woman stopped him. Red faced I just wanted to disappear. When I returned from my errands they were gone. That's it, my almost meeting with Luke Wilson. LOL! Now you can see why I didn't post this earlier, tonight though I kinda want to write about something funny so I thought "what the heck".

STM

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
hahaha. that's funny. poor cat! (i'm sure cats feel humiliation)

le formage o le day:

OT: my friend erik served Michael Keaton this weekend at his bar downtown.
said he looked older than the hills. (holding back any batman refs)

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I met the wrestlers who used to be called "the Freebirds". Big tall guys with long blonde hair and extremely muscular back in the 80's. I forget their names.

I've also met the wrestler "Rick Flair". He was wearing a long white fur coat and rideing in a long white limosine.

I met the singer Patti LaBelle at a restaurant once. Got her autograph at that time.

Also the soul singer James Brown also at a restaurant. I said hi to him he said hi back. But I did'nt get his autograph.

I know someone who is an old friend of the "Indigo Girls".

I saw Billy Ray Cyrus at a truckstop here once before he got really famous for "Achy Breaky Heart". I did'nt say hi, I just thought he was a kinda cute guy with a mullet hairdo.

I said hi to Kim Bassinger at an Athens Georgia restaurant a few years ago.

I was asked out on a date back in the 80's by that guy who plays "Jason" in the "Halloween" movies. I did'nt go, cause I had a boyfriend at that time and the "Jason" dude really was'nt that attractive to me.

I saw Al Gore on a street corner here in my home town when Bill and he were first doing their "Rock the Vote" campaign. I did'nt speak to him, but he looked like a nice guy in a dark suit with a big smile.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Met Michael Hutchence back in the late 80's.
Dave Murray from iron maiden bout the same time.
Doc Neeson from the Angels.
Chrissy Amphlett back in the day.mmmm.
Dude from wasp, cant remember his first name, something Lawless.
Few others from bands who probably arent that well known outside of australia.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I met the members of Lynch Mob at an autograph signing event around 1992 - after the show I met with bassist Anthony Esposito and singer Robert Mason for quite some time; real nice guys - I got Esposito's autograph talking to him after the show; he wasn't at the pre-show event.

Met the members of Faster Pussycat at a similar event around the same time; talked to Taime Downe for a bit, he's a funny guy.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
John Goodman used to come in to get coffee when he was in town, so I ran into him every now and then at work. He has a sweeeet Harley!

Ani DiFranco has come into my work a few times.

I run into Frankie Muniz now and again.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

Also the soul singer James Brown also at a restaurant. I said hi to him he said hi back. But I did'nt get his autograph.

I saw Billy Ray Cyrus at a truckstop here once...

I was asked out on a date back in the 80's by that guy who plays "Jason" in the "Halloween" movies. I did'nt go, cause I had a boyfriend at that time and the "Jason" dude really was'nt that attractive to me.

I saw Al Gore on a street corner here in my home town when Bill and he were first doing their "Rock the Vote" campaign. I did'nt speak to him, but he looked like a nice guy in a dark suit with a big smile.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by elaine]

rest in peace james brown!!! one of the largest influences in music since the beetles.

OMG on billy ray. that is just wrong!

loving the jason ref.

[edit on 12-05-2006 by zooplancton]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
John Goodman used to come in to get coffee when he was in town, so I ran into him every now and then at work. He has a sweeeet Harley!

what a great guy he is!
i bought Adrian Legg a callezone when he was visiting colorado. i was honored to do so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join