It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did Reagan see a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
what do you think about this article of reagan

www.ufoindia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter saw one as the Governor of Georgia.....

And Richard Nixon supposedly showed an Alien body to actor Jackie Gleason.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i did not know that Interesting i have to look it that
THANKS

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dont forget one serious issue. A UFO is an unidentified object. Just because they saw something, doesnt mean it couldnt be rationaly explained. It was after all unidentified.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
but then again-I am one of those people who believes the Mathmatical odds of intelligent life within our own Galaxy, let alone the entire Universe, far outweigh the odds there is not intelligent life.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ture but if the President was put of the cover up he would know what to look for or maybe he new something and in his way warning us but not in so maney word maybe maybe not

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
but then again-I am one of those people who believes the Mathmatical odds of intelligent life within our own Galaxy, let alone the entire Universe, far outweigh the odds there is not intelligent life.

Look at some of my posts. I say that in every one. I find it extremely hard to believe that there is no other intelligent life in our universe. At the same time I realize that we are one planet, on one star out of billions and billions in this galaxy, out of billions and billions of galaxies in this galaxy cluster, out of billions and billions of galaxy clusters in this universe. I feel that the mathematical probability of an intelligent life form finding us is highly unlikely. Thats if they had a way to get to us being how seperated we must be. That being said, we all have had the same amount of time to evolve from the beginning as well. There is most definitely in my opinion life more advanced than us. That doesnt mean that they are far enough ahead of us to figure out a way to get here. They are probably not much farther than us intelectually.

[Edited on 11/15/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am still finding my way around here at ATS. Sorry, I will read some of your posts.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I will point out however-if you look at the HUGE advances we have made in the past 100 years (scientifically, I mean), it is always possible that someone is a little more advanced than we are. Especially if their race is older than ours. See my point?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I am still finding my way around here at ATS. Sorry, I will read some of your posts.

oh jeez, my apologies.

I hope I didnt come off as offended, or offend you at that matter. You dont have to look. Feel free to if you would like. I just was trying to point out that I agreed with you on that point. Once again, my apologies.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I will point out however-if you look at the HUGE advances we have made in the past 100 years (scientifically, I mean), it is always possible that someone is a little more advanced than we are. Especially if their race is older than ours. See my point?

Point taken,
It is not impossible for life from outside our little solar system to have found us. I just find it unlikely. Even if a race of beings is way farther along then we are. It is a big big universe. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack the size of the sun. I think I have said that before

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You know how it is when your a "newbie". It's like coming into a movie halfway through.

Thanks for your reply. I just thought maybe you thought I was being a punk, and I really wasn't trying too.....

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You know how it is when your a "newbie". It's like coming into a movie halfway through.

Thanks for your reply. I just thought maybe you thought I was being a punk, and I really wasn't trying too.....

Well no I didnt think that. Actually I am a new member too!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I see we are both big Southpark fans too!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
To the above posters,

I agree with you both. I don't think anyone can look up into the night sky and honestly think we are the only intelligent life, let alone the only life, period! That's just very conceited. That's like a man standing on a hill overlooking the ocean, and just because he couldnt see into it or over the horizon, thinking he was th ONLY life on the planet. Alien life DEFINETLY exsists (the odds are simply incredibly in favor of that). The question is, does it (or has it) visited earth?

It's certainly not impossible. I mentioned in the 'Where do Aliens come from" the Alpha Centauri system. It is roughly the same distance from us as venus is from earth, and it is very similar to our sun, leading some astronomers to think it may have planets very much like earth (capable of supporting life). Think about that.
We've sent about 3 or 4 different probes to orbit Venus over the years, and that's with OUR crappy technology. Imagine then that there is an alien civilization on one of the worlds of Alpha Centauri, and they are just slightly more advanced then we are. They could very easily reach our planet in a very short time indeed.

I don't want to beat this into the ground, but I think this is very exciting! A solar system much like our own no farther from us than venus is!It takes away the idea that aliens would have to travel lightyears to get here (the current theory).
Makes you wonder....

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   

And Richard Nixon supposedly showed an Alien body to actor Jackie Gleason.

WHOA!!! First I've heard of this, have you got any links?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It couldn't be to terribly hard to find us, that is if they have intercepted some of our radio signals. We have been broadcasting radio signals since the 1936 Olympics (Thinking of the movie Contact). And if you have found the signals you could mathematically trace them back. Then again, with the respect to the size of the universe the signals haven't gotten that far yet.

new topics

top topics

join