It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve: What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What do you think about the Adam and Eve story?

I'm Catholic, and one of the theories my Catholic priest told me is this:

There were other humans around at the time of Adam and Eve, and that the story is just a metaphor. That humans at that time did not have souls, and that God creating Adam and Eve was him jus simply picking two people,a male and female, from the population and giving them souls. the story is just a metaphor for God giving the first two people souls.

something like that, i haven't explained it the best.

and another one i've read is really cool, along those lines:

Its that people didn't have souls, and the spirits in heaven took pity on them. The spirits then decided to become a part of the humans, becoming their souls. They came down to Earth and became the souls of man, becacuse without a soul there was no salvation or hope for mankind. It is basically the spirits or angels came to save their hopeless brothers--mankind.

anyways, what do you all think?
What are your opinions and beliefs. I don't necessarily believe either of these, just thought they were interesting.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I believe in a heaven and that god created man. I don't know anything else for I haven't read the bible.

I'm catholic just like you.

I just want my heaven and I want to eat it too.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The way the adam and eve story is presented in the bible, it seems to be like it was originally a story of the first hebrews, not the first humans. That adam and eve were the first hebrews, and that god created a little paradise for them, they sinned, were thrown out, into the regular world, and thats where, for example, cain's wife comes from, and its from the people in the world that cain builds a city for, etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Interesting that some Popes agree with evolution.

Interesting that most priests don't accept the story of creation.

Interesting that they changed the one of the ten commandments from worshipping God on the Sabbath to worship on SUNday...........the Lords day. Baal means Lord.

Interesting that God said creat not images of anything in heaven or on the earth and yet there are statues in the church.

I could go on and on, but you should get the idea

I was also raised in the church of Rome.

I suggest that you invest in a King James Bible and read the New Testament and take it word of word as truth. Hope you are interested enough in God to find out what He really has to say.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good that you're posting your thoughts.

Not intending to offend you Sun Matrix, but I don't intend of picking up a King James Bible anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by soshootme
Good that you're posting your thoughts.

Not intending to offend you Sun Matrix, but I don't intend of picking up a King James Bible anytime soon.

No problem soshootme. Each man or woman has choice.

top topics

join