It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA killed John Lennon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
CIA killed John Lennon

WHY?

Lennon wasn't nearly as popular as he was during his Beatles years.
He was more interested in keeping his girlfriend and his wife from
killing each other then in any kind of intrigue that the CIA would care about.

Originally posted by jinsanity
Lennon held alot of political power. He could have overthrown the system if he wanted to

Not when he died he didn't. Perhaps when he was younger and at the
top of his game he could have been part of something. But not at the
time he died. The world had moved on.

'They' would have taken him out long before he was murdered if 'they' thought he was a problem. When he was murdered he was just living the life of a private citizen who still made music now and again. He was talented but he was not any kind of threat that the CIA had to worry about.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I thought the relationship Catcher in the Rye had with Lennon's murder was that Holden Caulfield was telling the story of a young man with serious mental illness. In New York, he took his little sister Phoebe to the park to ride the merry go round and found a sudden happiness in watching her ride. Was it a coincidence that Lennons last song was Watchin the Wheels:
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry go round
I just had to let it go

There were some other coincidences that I heard at that time, but can't remember them. And, all this time I thought it was John Hinckley that shot Lennon. It wouldn't surprise me there was a conspiracy, but I have never heard or read anything supporting that theory.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Geeze what was so special about him,just another musician,and if you ever listen to his album with Yoko Ono,you too would want to kill him lol

Too bad one cant give out a negative thumbs down for a post rather than a star..

[edit on 11-7-2009 by disfugured]

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What I've never understood is why Chapman sat down and read "The Catcher in the Rye" (the same book that John Hinkley had on him when he tried to shoot Reagan not long after) after shooting Lennon, instead of trying to run away? And also, why did the doorman come out and ask him, "Do you know what you just did?" Wouldn't he have ran for his life too? How would he know that Chapman wouldn't have shot him too, since he was a witness? Very suspicious. It's as if everything had been programmed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Check out this hour long discussion on Deadline Live with Mack White about the discrepancies and evidence that John Lennon was assassinated by a government conspiracy, and how his alleged assassin had no motive but the US government definitely did. It brings up a lot of good points and unanswered questions.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a short 14 minute documentary that takes a critical look about the assassination.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a 10 part documentary called "The US vs. John Lennon" with interviews from those who knew John Lennon about his battle with the US government that saw him as a threat wanted to deport him.

Part 1 of 10

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I read that and clearly the FBI was mestaken about John Lennons motives. He was a peace protester, he believed in non violent means to end the war in vietnam. He was an artest not a danger to the government. Mark David Chapman killed Lennon because he felt alienated by the singer, he had stoped by Lennons home prior to Dec 8 to talk to Lennon about his songs even remarking about how he felt that some of his songs spoke to him. When Lennon shrugged him off like many celebrities do Chapman grew angry and decided to kill Lennon. Even if the Manchurian Candidate theory is correct Mark David Chapman would have to have a week mind to conform to it. He was a sick individual but I don't think that the CIA wanted lennon dead.

Your mistake is that you believe that Lennon could only be perceived as a danger if he became pro-violence. This system will not be taken down by violence. It is the master of violence. Violence is its specialty. They were AFRAID of him BECAUSE he was PEACEFUL. And maybe, just maybe, he could have talked us all into walking away from this whole charade where we destroy everything while pretending to be doing the right thing just because the ugliness of our actions has not yet reached our front doorstep...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join