It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns of possible financial cyber attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

US warns of possible Qaeda financial cyber attack Reuters
The U.S. government warned American private financial services on Thursday of an al Qaeda call for a cyber attack against online stock trading and banking Web sites beginning on Friday, a source said.

The source, a person familiar with the warning, said the Islamic militant group aimed to penetrate and destroy the databases of the U.S. financial sites.

The Department of Homeland Security confirmed an alert had been distributed but said there was no reason to believe the threat was credible.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

On the 27th of this month, some trading indexes suffered a glitch and cease reporting accurately for about 30 minutes. Some speculated at that time it was related to the new Botnet flooding the system with financial spam.

Tonight, a new warning comes out from US-CERT that terrorists may be planning an attack on the banking and financial sector. Most likely it will be nothing, although I suggest you should have stop losses on all your holdings.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
NSA=Largest employer of mathematicians
Al Queda=Cavedwellers

Do the math.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's links to duplicate thread of this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In an effort to get the debate going on the original thread, let me say I have my doubts about this being a real threat.
One of the above links mentions a glitch in Canada on the evening of 11-24-2006, but the store I work part-time across the border from Windsor suffered no ill-effects during the time frame.

Could the government be tring to terrorize us? I'd vote, "it's a possibility!!"

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OK I've been to all 3 threads. I don't know which was first buy I definately agree it's way to cozy to blame it on Al Qaeda. Remember the promis software the government stole in the 80's, it's capabilities would be uniquely qualified to pull this off. It does sound like a blame it on the Muslims scenario. Who has less credibility than a Wasington politician?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have read in the financial forums where investors are speculating this warning was drawn up because that Fed foresees a market crash soon, but it will be more likely due to a dollar collapse and followed by panic selling...BUT the DHS/Federal Reserve sees that blaming Islamic militants as the best reason/excuse to shut down the system, if it plummets.

Rather than the Federal Reserve and/or government taking the blame for their own nefarious and inept economic policies, they will use the old tried and true one-size-fits-all Islamic scapegoat. This all-purpose sin eating goat will serve to redirect the waves of blame and anger that arise from catastrophic monetary losses, and this goat also helps to invoke total war, which is about the only answer the government and corporate leadership has towards escaping an economic depression/collapse.

Paulson Believes a Financial Crisis is Overdue

While a complacent Wall Street, oblivious to all risks, continues to drive the market higher, it seems that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson believes that a financial crisis is overdue. Our suspicions were first aroused by a Wall Street Journal article on October 23, and confirmed by Fred Barnes in The Weekly Standard on November 27.

The corporate and economic reasons for war
War for profit - the grotesque face of globalism

• The impetus for war is wealth and power.
• The financiers with vast wealth and power have a thirst that can never be quenched - an appetite that can never be sated - because their rapaciousness only serves to make them the most insecure people on Earth.
• Their game-plan is a strategy which uses religion, race, culture and manufactured hatred for its own ends. Life is not sacred. This is the oh-so familiar amorality of the corporate mindset which demands "profit über alles".
• Iraq was but one dot-point in an unbroken stream of war-for-profit. Cui bono - who gains? Always follow the money.
• Money - the monetary economy - is made out of thin air. It is just an idea - a way to organise humanity. Our modern economy is enabled by the availability of a potent free energy source - irreplaceable compact fossil sunshine.
• Energy alone fulfils the dreams that money promises. In order to dream the American Dream, you must stay asleep. If the sleeper wakes, the money-dream will disappear.
• The looming shortage of easy, high quality oil is the trigger for the financiers' march to global fascism, because it has galvanised them into collective action.
• Although the financiers are spread across the globe, they concentrate their influence through control of the US Government, the defence industry and mainstream media. The US is their powerful spearhead and the US treasury is their well.
• Even the most moderate US general is compromised by the fact that the US Department of Defense is the largest single-entity user of high quality oil in the world. The US war machine would be useless without it. Catch-22.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
... are speculating this warning was drawn up because that Fed foresees a market crash soon, but it will be more likely due to a dollar collapse and followed by panic selling...BUT the DHS/Federal Reserve sees that blaming Islamic militants as the best reason/excuse to shut down the system, if it plummets.

The same thing has crossed my mind. This could be a "seeding" in the press of a ready made excuse if all hell should break loose in the markets. The flight from the US dollar recently is causing turmoil in the markets. No doubt that "destroyed financial records" would be just the thing needed for writting off losses and covering tracks.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Great thread.

I hope I'll have more time to read up on this when I get back from work.

Kudos to Regenmacher for once again providing interesting information as the seed for an interesting discussion.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Great articles you found Regenmacher! You really are following the money.

So it looks like they're really willing to blame the upcoming crash on Al Qaeda..

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hmmm, I suspect Bush and his cronies are running a bit short of funds and have decided to cause a bit of fluctuation in the markets to benefit they're multi-billion pound companies.

Typical!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't think it's Bush and his cronies. It's higher than that... I think it's the banking system itself at work here.

Check out the "war for profit" link Regenmacher posted.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hmmm, isn't Bush's family part of the whole 'Banking System'? - After all, they're multi-millionaires - the banks are gonna love 'em!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
IMHO they're just below the international banking families in rank. Something like a capo if the Rockefellers & Rothschilds et al were the dons. Kissinger is something like that as well IMO. Just link some of the guys I mentioned in this thread

But they are the engines behind the inflation and the upcoming crash of the dollar IMHO.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Could this impending crash be tied to the potential creation of a North American Union? A complete meltdown of the American financial markets would "ease" the creation and implementation of a common NAU currency (like the Amero I read about in a different thread). With the EU under one currency and NAU under one currency it seems, from a layman's perspective anyway, it would be alot easier for those at the very tip top (the global elite) to manipulate the economic markets even more. Any ideas?
I might be totally nuts though.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
How much would world trade suffer if the Dollar was merged with other currencies?

The only reason the UK hasn't yet adopted the Euro is because the pound is so strong against all other currencies - why would the US even consider this?

Unless of course it would be of benefit to Bush himself....hmmm

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgansolutions
Unless of course it would be of benefit to Bush himself....hmmm

Bush is a diversion, really.
Everyone wants to blame him and his "cronies" for all the evil in the US and parts of the world. And all the while the powers that be are doing whatever they wish.

You have to focus on the big picture, NWO for lack of a better term.

I think this crash or correction or "terrorist plot" will happen, but it will be after the New Year. Can't have all those financial institutions not have everyone using their credit cards for Holiday gits, ya know

At least I hope so.

Called my broker today. Gotta move out of my mutual funds PDQ.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So this exploits Symantec Antivirus? And has been un "fixed" since May 05...

Symantec Client Security and Symantec AntiVirus Elevation of Privilege

And caused a BLIP on the 24th in port traffic. Could have been a test run?

And has a "High" threat level with the potential to control multiple clients once they're overdriven with spam...

Which corporations are using this client in their intranet/internet?

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join